Author Topic: Killer Dies In Jail  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: Killer Dies In Jail
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 07:40:PM »
I think the social workers are doing their best Patti.  Some of these abusers are very clever at hiding stuff.  I agree about the neighbours tho', if these people aren't reported then no one knows.
My daughter is working in a new intervention role which has just been set up.  They get in early before they become Child Protection cases and are very hands on.  If it just helps one child, it's worth having imo.

I think there should be a massive call on the public Maggie, to have a duty of care to help protect children.  Walls are not thin and children cry out when they are hurting, surely neighbours can hear this going off....Sadly its a case of I don't want to get involved, but to me they are involved when they can hear children being abused and they should report it, if not then they are just as guilty for letting this kind of thing happen.  The parents have a duty of care too...the buck lays with them.

Social workers, sadly can;t be held responsible, can they really.  They can't watch everyone....its a tough job maggie......Anybody who works in child protection has not got an easy job. There will be mistakes! sadly!   :( :( :( :(

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 07:41:PM »
White House Farm is within a mile and a half of the newsagents. The headline could also be interpreted as of local interest, until the article is read it isn't clear who died in jail.

I get yer!  :( :( :(

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:PM »
I think there should be a massive call on the public Maggie, to have a duty of care to help protect children.  Walls are not thin and children cry out when they are hurting, surely neighbours can hear this going off....Sadly its a case of I don't want to get involved, but to me they are involved when they can hear children being abused and they should report it, if not then they are just as guilty for letting this kind of thing happen.  The parents have a duty of care too...the buck lays with them.

Social workers, sadly can;t be held responsible, can they really.  They can't watch everyone....its a tough job maggie......Anybody who works in child protection has not got an easy job. There will be mistakes! sadly!   :( :( :( :(
Yes, if people don't report when they hear children being abused then they are to blame too.  I have a friend who did just that.  The matter was sorted very quickly.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:PM »
Yes, if people don't report when they hear children being abused then they are to blame too.  I have a friend who did just that.  The matter was sorted very quickly.

Good for them Maggie.....I would do the same.  I suppose its easy for us to comment...but in real life its very different...I'm going to play some music maggie,  to cheer up!  :) :) :) :)

Offline bigdave1975

• glasgow rangers f.c we are the people
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:PM »
I yhink these child killers should be kept in solitery confinement.and fed bread and water.

Offline bigdave1975

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 07:52:PM »
Just got locked out had to get housing association to change locks.

Offline campion

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:PM »
 If the point is taken a stage further, the Witham MP Patel openly flags up Her involvement in Bambers appeal attempts. If it was Jeremy who had died on Monday morning, this wouldn't have been a local story. The newsagents is on the main road in the district. Unless someone has knowledge of White House Farm, which not every person driving past does, it may be wrongly assumed it was Bamber who died in jail. As He is involved in the ECHR ruling on a full life tariff meaning He dies in Jail unless new evidence is found to prove His innocence. He is a Big News Item. One day the headline could be applicable to Him. The media scrum involving local politicians will be intense. How many votes is Jeremy Bamber worth, Law and Order is one of the big three at a General Election. Tough on Crime and Tough on the causes of Crime, I think thats the Political soundbite.

Offline bigdave1975

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 08:02:PM »
Is there any body in here talking?

Offline andrea

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 08:03:PM »

hello bigdave!
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 08:08:PM »
Hi bigdave. ;D  Have you introduced yourself in the foyer?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:31:PM by maggie »

Offline bigdave1975

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 08:22:PM »
Hello maggie hello andrea.soz for not introducing myself.i am david from glasgow.i am 38.

Offline bigdave1975

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26:PM »
Hi is jeremy bamber segregated from the rest of the prison population.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 08:27:PM »
Hello maggie hello andrea.soz for not introducing myself.i am david from glasgow.i am 38.
That's ok bigdave, would you mind going to the foyer on the home page and introducing yourself to the forum.  Just a few words telling us why you are interested in the WHF murders.  Thanks.  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:30:PM by maggie »

Offline bigdave1975

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:PM »
Why have i went from newbie to junior member?

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:PM »
Hi is jeremy bamber segregated from the rest of the prison population.

Hi Dave

Would you kindly go to the Foyer and introduce yourself please and, tell us what your stance on Jeremy Bamber please...Maggie has kindly requested this. Thank You.   :) :) :) :)