Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 584624 times)

Offline karen

Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2011, 01:07:PM »
Not to mention the statements from the Gaspars, Fenn and Smiths. Pat Perkins phone call on the night. Tapas 7's insistence on Murat's guilt and refusal to take part in a reconstruction. Gerry deleting his text messages.

Either the Tapas 7 are colluding and lying or everyone else (including Eddie and Keela) are colluding and lying.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: June 22, 2011, 01:43:PM »
when I was in Portugal, locals were discussing a number of sightings of a man acting oddly on wastland, near the 'Jesus statue' close to the apartment from where Maddie went missing - iocal rumours suggest that this man, was non other than Gerry McCann. He was seen acting suspiciously in that vicinity on the night Maddie went missing, and according to local gossip, he was seen hanging around there on several occasions, at different times, mostly when it was dark...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Jerry

« Reply #617 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:AM »
I didn't know you spoke Portuguese Mike?

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #618 on: June 23, 2011, 11:44:AM »
I've been watching whatever I could find on Youtube, and I get the overwhelming impression that Kate is intimidated by, perhaps even frightened of Gerry.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: June 23, 2011, 05:46:PM »
Not to mention the statements from the Gaspars, Fenn and Smiths. Pat Perkins phone call on the night. Tapas 7's insistence on Murat's guilt and refusal to take part in a reconstruction. Gerry deleting his text messages.

Either the Tapas 7 are colluding and lying or everyone else (including Eddie and Keela) are colluding and lying.

Karen I haven't read Kate's book and not sure I will.  I'm pretty sure Amaral, Eddie & Keela will have solved the likelihood of Maddie having died with the knowledge of parent/s and friends.  Then there's people like Mike Tesco and Sparkfilms who have looked fairly close in to this also.  I dont really see anything from investigative / journo types who are pro-McCann / pro-abduction.  Maybe I should read Kate's book though, to get her version?

tyler

« Reply #620 on: June 23, 2011, 10:16:PM »
I've been watching whatever I could find on Youtube, and I get the overwhelming impression that Kate is intimidated by, perhaps even frightened of Gerry.

I got that impression too Shona.Especially from the clip where Gerry doesnt like the question put to him,rips off his mic and storms off.Kate looks really uncomfortable and shaken.

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #621 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:PM »
That's the one that did it for me, Tyler!! Kate made some lame, worried excuse about Gerry being too hot. She looked tense and closed-down, like she was used to apologising for him. That fixed expression on her face - sorry to sound wanky but that's how horses look like when they are genuinely frightened.

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2011, 07:38:AM »
I , too, have seen that video in which Gerry reacts.
Very telling ...but on its own ...not enough to convince me of guilt...but when the rest of the available evidence is considered.....its not innocent!

tyler

« Reply #623 on: June 24, 2011, 07:46:AM »
Smiffy,Shona commented on how Kate seems a little intimidated and even frightened of Gerry,especially in that video clip.He definately seems to be the one "wearing the trousers" in that relationship dont you think?I get the impression with the whole case,that Kate seems to be suffering from grief,and Gerry from guilt.Does he know something that she doesnt? Or does she know and is too frightened of him to reveal the truth and is burying her head in the sand?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2011, 05:33:PM »
Smiffy,Shona commented on how Kate seems a little intimidated and even frightened of Gerry,especially in that video clip.He definately seems to be the one "wearing the trousers" in that relationship dont you think?I get the impression with the whole case,that Kate seems to be suffering from grief,and Gerry from guilt.Does he know something that she doesnt? Or does she know and is too frightened of him to reveal the truth and is burying her head in the sand?

I am still drawn back to their approach though.  For them to exisit in the situation you have suggested above would imply that there is a game of concealment going on.  I am of this belief as well.

But how on earth could they have the gall to play this out to the extent where they're writing letters to Dave Cameron and pushing for Scotland Yard to reopen the investigation?  That kind of bluffing game could only be persued by a person or persons of immense self belief.  Like some kind of narcissitic 'superior' mind?  A person or persons who believe that their best interests lie not in remaining quiet and low profile... but in taking on people at the highest level and upping the stakes?  Pitting themselves against Prime Ministers and detectives?  It's all a bit odd... (if they do know what happened).

clifford

« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2011, 05:46:PM »

I am still drawn back to their approach though.  For them to exisit in the situation you have suggested above would imply that there is a game of concealment going on.  I am of this belief as well.

But how on earth could they have the gall to play this out to the extent where they're writing letters to Dave Cameron and pushing for Scotland Yard to reopen the investigation?  That kind of bluffing game could only be persued by a person or persons of immense self belief.  Like some kind of narcissitic 'superior' mind?  A person or persons who believe that their best interests lie not in remaining quiet and low profile... but in taking on people at the highest level and upping the stakes?  Pitting themselves against Prime Ministers and detectives?  It's all a bit odd... (if they do know what happened).
This really is a strange case. Thousands of kids must have been to this resort with no problems.
I would have thought that many would have left there children thinking they were safe, after all they were not far away.
Something is not right here. there is a saying that goes you protest to much.

Offline HMEssex

« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2011, 08:30:PM »

I wonder if this is all part of an act.  Ok, Kate wasn't expecting him to walk out like that and looked bewildered, but as we are onto video clips, how about the one 'The McCanns show their true colours - MUST SEE'.  Kate has her sad face, whilst clutching Gerry's hand, and as usual he does most of the talking, but as soon as the interview is over they are both all smiley.

Offline HMEssex

« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2011, 08:49:PM »

Rochy, it's interesting that you suggest narcissism as this aspect (of Gerry especially), has been brought up quite a lot in forums regarding this.  Amongst some of the comments is one by Pat Brown, Criminal Profiler, on the 'McCannfiles.com'.

I reckon Gerry sees himself as some kind of celebrity.

Offline karen

« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2011, 11:11:PM »
It is a strange stategy they've employed, letters to Cameron etc. but it is a strategy that has paid off.

Whenever I express my doubts about the McCann version, people will inevitably say, "oh, but they've pushed to get the investigation reopened so they must be innocent".

Remember way back at the start when they were hobnobbing with Gordon Brown and the Pope? When they were made arguido, if they'd been arrested, big embarassment for those VIPs who supported them.

Throw into that Gerry's "ask the dogs" and "find the body" comments. He can say these things because he knows he's got away with it. Narcissism.

Notice the correlations with the Lindbergh baby?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #629 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:AM »

Deleted text messages can be retrieved can't they?  There is software for this I think.  I wonder whether this was considered by the PJ?  We all delete text messages of course, at some point.  But deleting text messages in the aftermath of Maddie's disappearence?  :-\