Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 584919 times)

Sparkfilms

Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2011, 11:18:PM »
I don't think there were any visual checks on Madeleine by anyone until Kate found her dead.

Gerry alludes to going back to use the bathroom, Matt Oldfield only accounts for the twins.

Kate was asked if Madeleine was asleep when she last saw her. That was a very telling question by the interviewer.

At this, Kate struggles with her answer.

I think all the answers everyone needs are there in the cryptic replies from Gerry and Kate throughout the many interviews.

They are having to think very carefully about how they answer. I do not believe this has only come from the briefings by their PR advisors.

Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner may have concocked the smokescreen between them, namely the sickness of their child, and the bogus sighting of the abductor.

Too much seems to be happening around 10pm. Too much centres on O'Brien and Tanner.

And of course, Kate may have given the game away by leaving the twins in their beds with an abductor around.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:23:PM by Sparkfilms »

Offline joolz1975

« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2011, 09:15:AM »
Eddie and Keela, Saprks?

Shona eddie & Kiela were the South Yorkshire Police sniffer dogs sent over to help with the investigation, one was highly trained to find even the tiniest speck of blood, the other (think it was Eddie) was a cadaver dog trained to smell the scent of a corpse.

Apparantly the Mcanns car (hired 3 weeks after Madeleines dissapearence) was placed in a line up with other cars and the cadaver dog immediatly went to their car and indicated that the boot had previously had a cadaver in it, in Kate Mcanns book she dismisses this as hte dog been subconciously led to the car by its handler, and the handler himself does admit that the dog sniffing out a scent is not conclusive evidence that a corspe was there it has to be backed up with 'real' evidence!

Tyler

« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2011, 11:45:AM »
Sparks,your theory is a good one.But at what stage could Kate have found Maddie dead? Not on the 10pm check because that is when she alerted the tapas group that Maddie was "missing" and they all came running.Surely her body would have been disposed of by then? And Mikes theory (I think) that Maddie was taken down to the beach area is possible,but Im sure sniffer dogs traced Maddies scent to the supermarket,but no further?

Sparkfilms

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2011, 01:52:PM »
Hello Tyler...I still think the 10pm check ( phone call to PJ not until 30 plus minutes later?? ) is possible, death odour only kicks in after about 90 minutes I believe. It's a wild guess - but maybe the body was hidden nearby in the first few minutes - possibly by Kate McCann.

Some believe the body was then being taken somewhere else by a member of the group.

The Carpenter statement is very interesting re. 'Madeleine, Madeleine' - and this around the time she may have been discovered.

I may be way off the mark with my theories, but I would not be looking any further than the Tapas 9 and the cover up of an accidental death.

There seems to be a 30 minute vacuum around 10pm when all the timings were scrambled - surely the PJ would have been contacted a couple of minutes after 10pm if this is when Madeleine was discovered missing.

I also believe Gerry McCann was actually seen tampering with the shutters of Apartment 5a around 10pm.

They certainly only had the McCann's fingerprints on them.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:02:PM by Sparkfilms »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2011, 04:45:PM »
Kate and Gerry response to arrival of police at apartment 5a, of Maddie's disappearance?
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2011, 04:47:PM »
Kate and Gerry response to arrival of police at apartment 5a, of Maddie's disappearance?

Amarals' book mentions this but I thought it referred to Gerry only.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2011, 05:00:PM »

------------------

Gerry at first, followed by Kate, so they both ended up doing this together side by side...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2011, 05:06:PM »

------------------

Gerry at first, followed by Kate, so they both ended up doing this together side by side...

Could be interpreted as an involuntary act of contrition / penance...  A harrowing moment for certain.

Sparkfilms

« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2011, 09:23:PM »
I read the image of Gerry and Kate as nothing other than a response to the death of Madeleine.

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2011, 09:46:PM »
Sorry guys - did Kate and Gerry throw themselves onto the bed? Am I being dim?

Offline bob

• 78.6%
« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2011, 09:46:PM »
I don't think there were any visual checks on Madeleine by anyone until Kate found her dead.

Gerry alludes to going back to use the bathroom, Matt Oldfield only accounts for the twins.

Kate was asked if Madeleine was asleep when she last saw her. That was a very telling question by the interviewer.

At this, Kate struggles with her answer.

I think all the answers everyone needs are there in the cryptic replies from Gerry and Kate throughout the many interviews.

They are having to think very carefully about how they answer. I do not believe this has only come from the briefings by their PR advisors.

Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner may have concocked the smokescreen between them, namely the sickness of their child, and the bogus sighting of the abductor.

Too much seems to be happening around 10pm. Too much centres on O'Brien and Tanner.

And of course, Kate may have given the game away by leaving the twins in their beds with an abductor around.

What do you mean "Kate found her dead"? What evidence do you have to support that phrase?

Tyler

« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2011, 11:19:PM »
Does anyone know where I can view Carpenters statement? I cant find it on the maddiefiles   :(

Offline HMEssex

« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2011, 02:07:PM »
Does anyone know where I can view Carpenters statement? I cant find it on the maddiefiles   :(

www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk

click on the 'original dvd images' box.
Halfway down it says 'cartas rogatorias'  you want file 3, 31-56

andrea

« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2011, 07:59:PM »
did kate answer all questions until they made her a suspect? was it then she gave a no comment interview? would that have been on the advice of her solicitor?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2011, 08:34:PM »
did kate answer all questions until they made her a suspect? was it then she gave a no comment interview? would that have been on the advice of her solicitor?

That is an interesting question Andrea.

Here is one that i have my self.  If the McCann's / Tapas 9 do know what really happened: Isn't it remarkable that that they shifted from discovery... to conferring ...to action / reaction... to conferring again... before finally contacting PJ?  Now, several things bother me about this scenario.  What kind of time-frame are we looking at for this to have happened in?  Talk about having to think on your feet!  These people are highly intelligent individuals.  Each must have known from the off, that attempting to fool the police by concocting an alternative sequence of events could fall prey to a thousand pitfalls, under close examination by professional investigators.  Is it possible to create a credible alternative sequence of events in a short time-frame?  If this is what indeed took place between them, then whatever actually happened to Madeleine must have been something that could potentially have had very serious consequences for several of that party of individuals.  Since there does not seem to have been a weak link among any of that party.

Perhaps there were dissenters among them, as the drama unfolded?  But if there were, they must have been brought round with a 'no turning back' type of pact, in my opinion. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:35:PM by Rochford Shields »