Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 584608 times)

Offline HMEssex

Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #570 on: June 09, 2011, 09:21:PM »
Is it true that Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty on condition Dr Amaral was taken off the case?

Why was Gordon Brown was involved with the case from the beginning?  Gerry McCann said he had given them his private telephone number and they could phone him day or night. Gordon Brown also said publicly, that he was speaking to the Portuguese Prime Minister about the case.  Did Gordon Brown have enough power, to persuade someone with enough power in the Portuguese Government, to overrule the PJ and allow the McCanns to walk free?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:19:PM by HMEssex »

Sparkfilms

« Reply #571 on: June 09, 2011, 09:49:PM »
Is it true that Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty on condition Dr Amaral was taken off the case?

Why Gordon Brown was involved with the case from the beginning?  Gerry McCann said he had given them his private telephone number and they could phone him day or night. Gordon Brown also said publicly, that he was speaking to the Portuguese Prime Minister about the case.  Did Gordon Brown have enough power, to persuade someone with enough power in the Portuguese Government, to overrule the PJ and allow the McCanns to walk free?

Somewhere along the line, and perhaps at the highest level, information on this case may have been supressed. The McCann's used the political and media machines from the very beginning - initially to their advantage, until it all backfired.

As I understand it, the DNA results from the hire car did indeed indicate that there was a link to Madeleine's body, or perhaps, contact with her body from Gerry or Kate or both, being present. I believe that hair strands from Madeleine pretty much proved that there was contact with her parents several hours after death.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2011, 10:27:PM »

Why Gordon Brown was involved with the case from the beginning?  Gerry McCann said he had given them his private telephone number and they could phone him day or night. Gordon Brown also said publicly, that he was speaking to the Portuguese Prime Minister about the case.  Did Gordon Brown have enough power, to persuade someone with enough power in the Portuguese Government, to overrule the PJ and allow the McCanns to walk free?

Somewhere along the line, and perhaps at the highest level, information on this case may have been supressed. The McCann's used the political and media machines from the very beginning - initially to their advantage, until it all backfired.

As I understand it, the DNA results from the hire car did indeed indicate that there was a link to Madeleine's body, or perhaps, contact with her body from Gerry or Kate or both, being present. I believe that hair strands from Madeleine pretty much proved that there was contact with her parents several hours after death.

Sparks, how can that be weighed up with the approach to Cameron? You'd think someone in the higher echelons would politely say to the McCann's 'look... just let it lie'. 

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2011, 10:30:PM »
God, you think that the JB case is tough, until you start considering this one.

andrea

« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2011, 11:52:PM »
God, you think that the JB case is tough, until you start considering this one.

i know shona, i havent ever really studied this case, reading all this i dont think ill bother!! ;D

Sparkfilms

« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2011, 07:39:AM »
For Rochford - Hi end free masons may have more power than the political machine.

There is something in this entire saga that strikes me as some kind of a cover up.

Knowing how some police work, they may have continued to monitor members of the Tapas 9 along with Robert Murat and associates to this very day.

One thing I'm pretty much sure of, everything Kate McCann said and did suggested to me that she knew Madeleine died that night.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2011, 12:58:PM »
For Rochford - Hi end free masons may have more power than the political machine.

There is something in this entire saga that strikes me as some kind of a cover up.

Knowing how some police work, they may have continued to monitor members of the Tapas 9 along with Robert Murat and associates to this very day.

One thing I'm pretty much sure of, everything Kate McCann said and did suggested to me that she knew Madeleine died that night.

Thanks for your view Sparks. 

Offline HMEssex

« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2011, 07:48:PM »

Did Gerry have his priorities right?  Re photo of Madeleine showing the coloboma in her eye:

Quote: Carlos Anjos, Polícia Judiciária: "If that situation had been of an abduction, it would have been terrible for the child. Because if that child were to be sold, or something else... She was as good as... it was her death sentence. That situation, that day, advertising that photo, was simply the death sentence of that child."

Gerry McCann: "We thought it was possible this could hurt her. Her abductor might do something to her eye. But in marketing terms it was a good ploy."

Words fail me.

Offline HMEssex

« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2011, 08:26:PM »
An excerpt of Jane Tanner's rogatory interview describing the 'abductor':

JT: But, I mean, I think... so the things that I'm happy; that are still in my head... that still stick in my head, is the hair and it was longer... it was sort of longish and, errm... I don't know how to (inaudible)... but each... each... almost the hair was long... the bits of hair were long, so it was long into the neck, you know, sort of in... when people have a number one or whatever at the back and it's shaved; not shaved up, but, you know, sort of layered up, this was more long into the neck, so sort of long, each... each individual hair was long, errm... and dark; it was sort of quite dark and glossy, that sticks in my head. And, sort of... the dark... dark clothes and quite billowy; not billowy clothes but quite baggy, sort of... they seemed, errm... not ill fitting but quite baggy clothes, like... not jeans, but trousers, sort of... not Chinos but not Farrahs either but sort of baggy'ish, sort of, ill fitting more than... And they're the bits that I remember quite vividly, sort of.

?!

Tyler

« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2011, 09:23:PM »
WTF?    ???

Sparkfilms

« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2011, 09:44:PM »
An excerpt of Jane Tanner's rogatory interview describing the 'abductor':

JT: But, I mean, I think... so the things that I'm happy; that are still in my head... that still stick in my head, is the hair and it was longer... it was sort of longish and, errm... I don't know how to (inaudible)... but each... each... almost the hair was long... the bits of hair were long, so it was long into the neck, you know, sort of in... when people have a number one or whatever at the back and it's shaved; not shaved up, but, you know, sort of layered up, this was more long into the neck, so sort of long, each... each individual hair was long, errm... and dark; it was sort of quite dark and glossy, that sticks in my head. And, sort of... the dark... dark clothes and quite billowy; not billowy clothes but quite baggy, sort of... they seemed, errm... not ill fitting but quite baggy clothes, like... not jeans, but trousers, sort of... not Chinos but not Farrahs either but sort of baggy'ish, sort of, ill fitting more than... And they're the bits that I remember quite vividly, sort of.

?!

Indeed, complete nonsense from Tanner...and then, she matches this description up to clean cut Robert Murat!

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2011, 10:03:PM »
When people lie, they always seem to put in far too much detail.

Sparkfilms

« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2011, 10:46:PM »
The results from Eddie and Keela seem to indicate that Madeleine fell to her death off the settee by the window. Both blood and death odour found in same area ( if I am reading the reports correctly ). This would suggest that Madeleine may have died shorty after the McCann's went to the Tapas.

I am still backing a sleep sedative in Madeliene's case and possibly all of the children in the party.

Madeliene still awoke, that is, if she was ever asleep, was drowsy and dizzy, and maybe fell as a result.

This might explain the Tapas 9 'pact'.

Even before the dogs had been alerted from the UK the PJ had come up with the same theory.

Could Kate have discovered Madeliene missing from her bed, then found her body behind the sofa?

I wonder if she may even have confided in someone initially other than Gerry.

A death in these circumstances would have focused attention on all other members of the group and made a mockery of their claims on checking the children. Listening at the door would not have been much use with Madeleine laying dead.

Kate's first words included 'She' gone' and 'We let her down'.

After all the stuff I've covered on this case I'm beginning to believe that it was Kate who found the body.

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2011, 10:49:PM »
Eddie and Keela, Saprks?

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:PM »
Sorry. Sparks.