Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 584862 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 10:10:AM »
The horizontal drain, the derelict building and the church at PDL, are situated and located very close to one another - Movement of a body, or people between one or other under the cover of darkness would be a relatively simple exercise to complete...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

sandy

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:PM »
Lovely snaps Mike but that's where the reality ends in what you posted.  I wonder does the fact that yesterday was 1st April have anything to do with such nonsense??   ;) ;)

Fact:  There is no evidence of any sort that Maddy is dead.  On the other hand there is every possibility that she is alive and well and was indeed abducted from her parents apartment.

Kate never confessed to anyone about Maddy's death, any mention of a drain (if such ever took place in the first place) is pure speculation and being used out of all context.

Nice try though !!  :)  :)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:06:PM by sandy »

Offline grahameb

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 12:58:PM »

Image, 1290527 - is the location where I believe the remains of Maddie McCann were / are buried...
Why didn't you did them up then?

Offline grahameb

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:PM »
The McCann's took something akin to a lie detector test when they answered a series of questions in Portugal accordingly....

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

No comment

I may be one or two out, but this is pretty much how it was.
What questions were they asked?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2011, 04:31:PM »
Lovely snaps Mike but that's where the reality ends in what you posted.  I wonder does the fact that yesterday was 1st April have anything to do with such nonsense??   ;) ;)

Fact:  There is no evidence of any sort that Maddy is dead.  On the other hand there is every possibility that she is alive and well and was indeed abducted from her parents apartment.

Kate never confessed to anyone about Maddy's death, any mention of a drain (if such ever took place in the first place) is pure speculation and being used out of all context.

Nice try though !!  :)  :)
------------------------

The only April fool is you, because Kate did tell an interpreter that Maddie was dead, and that her body would be found in a drain near to the viewpoint...

A witness statement exists from the interpreter, explaining that once |Kate confided in him, that he reported the matter to the police in Portugal...

Get your facts right...

sandy

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2011, 04:34:PM »
The substance of the reply is irrelevant since it is the physiological reaction by the body that the detector responds to.

A "no comment" reply can consequently still provide a negative or a positive result to which the tester can respond appropriately.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2011, 04:35:PM »
Maddie is dead, even Kate believed she was dead, hence why she told the interpreter that her body was being hidden and concealed in the drain down by the viewpoint...

sandy

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2011, 04:47:PM »
Maddie is dead, even Kate believed she was dead, hence why she told the interpreter that her body was being hidden and concealed in the drain down by the viewpoint...

If Kate is aware that Maddy is dead why prolong the issue as they have done.  Best thing would be to go away quietly since they would have nothing to gain.

The McCann's obviously don't believe this for a minute contrary to what you state Mike on the basis of what some Portuguese interpreter was supposed to have heard.  I am well versed in relation to Portuguese and Spanish interpreting and I certainly would not trust anything which is interpreted as being anywhere near to the meaning to that originally stated. Many English words have no equivalent in Portuguese and Spanish which means that interpreters have to compensate by introducing words which are alien to the original comment.

Kate probably said that if she is dead she could be in a drain or something to that effect, the possibilities are boundless.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:54:PM by sandy »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2011, 05:56:PM »

If Kate is aware that Maddy is dead why prolong the issue as they have done.  Best thing would be to go away quietly since they would have nothing to gain.

The McCann's obviously don't believe this for a minute contrary to what you state Mike on the basis of what some Portuguese interpreter was supposed to have heard.  I am well versed in relation to Portuguese and Spanish interpreting and I certainly would not trust anything which is interpreted as being anywhere near to the meaning to that originally stated. Many English words have no equivalent in Portuguese and Spanish which means that interpreters have to compensate by introducing words which are alien to the original comment.

Kate probably said that if she is dead she could be in a drain or something to that effect, the possibilities are boundless.
-------------------

Kate did say that Maddie was dead, and she told the police interpreter that her body would be found in the drain near the viewpoint - see Amarrals book for confirmation...

The Portuguese police searched the very drain that Kate told the interpreter about soon after she disclosed this information...

The interpreter spoke very good English and would have had no problem interpreting what Kate said to him - as far as I know, when Kate spoke to the interpreter, she did not speak in Portuguese tongue, but plain English...

I can't see how the interpreter misunderstood anything that Kate told him, if she spoke the words in simple and straight forward English, and the interpreter could speak English fluently...

"Maddie is dead, and her body is in the drain down near the viewpoint" - what more could Kate have said that could have been so misleading to the interpreter?

The interpreter said that Kate was very distressed when she called him on the telephone and started to speak to him about these matters...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:01:PM by mike tesko »

sandy

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2011, 06:09:PM »
Kate did say that Maddie was dead, and she told the police interpreter that her body would be found in the drain near the viewpoint - see Amarrals book for confirmation...

The Portuguese police searched the very drain that Kate told the interpreter about soon after she disclosed this information...

The interpreter spoke very good English and would have had no problem interpreting what Kate said to him - as far as I know, when Kate spoke to the interpreter, she did not speak in Portuguese tongue, but plain English...

I can't see how the interpreter misunderstood anything that Kate told him, if she spoke the words in simple and straight forward English, and the interpreter could speak English fluently...

"Maddie is dead, and her body is in the drain down near the viewpoint" - what more could Kate have said that could have been so misleading to the interpreter?

I don't think we can what Amarrals says with much confidence since all he is interested in is the money.  He is entitled to his version just as the McCann's are entitled to theirs. I know which one I would believe.

In relation to interpreting you obviously haven't experienced how words and phrases can be misinterpreted in the real world.

Eg. The addition of the little word 'if' makes the meaning of the whole sentence completely different.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:10:PM by sandy »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:PM »

I don't think we can what Amarrals says with much confidence since all he is interested in is the money.  He is entitled to his version just as the McCann's are entitled to theirs. I know which one I would believe.

In relation to interpreting you obviously haven't experienced how words and phrases can be misinterpreted in the real world.

Eg. The addition of the little word 'if' makes the meaning of the whole sentence completely different.
------------------

If Kate was not speaking Portuguese when she telephoned the interpreter up, and said that Maddie was dead, and that the police would find her body in the drain, I do not think there can be much doubt about what Kate said, or what she meant...

As far as I know, Kate has never denied that she did not say these things to the police interpreter - Kate refused to answer any questions when taken in for interviewing...

So, because she has not officially denied saying those things, I choose to believe that she did say them, and that this gives something of an insight into her mind, and that she must have had possession of some information about whether or not, Maddie was dead or alive by that stage...

sandy

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2011, 06:30:PM »
What she said or didn't say is pure speculation and nothing can be taken from it either way. I have found from experience with dealing with foreigners in legal issues that the spoken word is never interpreted properly.  As I have already said, there are some words which do not translate from english to Spanish or Portuguese.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2011, 06:39:PM »
What she said or didn't say is pure speculation and nothing can be taken from it either way. I have found from experience with dealing with foreigners in legal issues that the spoken word is never interpreted properly.  As I have already said, there are some words which do not translate from english to Spanish or Portuguese.
----------------

I think when Kate said, that Maddie was dead, and her body was in the drain near the viewpoint, that there would n't have been much wrong with the spoken English used by Kate, and spoken to the interpreter, it was so clear cut, that the police went to the drain in question, and checked out what Kate had told the interpreter...

So, what could Kate have actually said to make the interpreter think she had said that Maddie was dead, and that her body would be found in that drain ( I speak English, so please give me your explanation in English)...?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:47:PM by mike tesko »

sandy

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2011, 06:48:PM »
Kate could have said the moon is made of cheese and they would have believed her.

It isn't ....is it ??   ;D

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2011, 06:49:PM »
Kate contacted the interpreter during the early hours of the morning, by telephone, and admitted to him that Maddie was dead, and her body would be found in the drain - I choose to believe that until Kate gives her own account and explanation...

I would like to hear from Kate's own mouth, in her own words, what she says she said to the interpreter, on that occasion?