Author Topic: Miles Giffard  (Read 959 times)

Offline big-goolies

Miles Giffard
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:PM »

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: Miles Giffard
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:PM »
Despite clear evidence of schizophrenia presented at his trial at Bodmin Assizes it took the jury only 35 minutes to find him guilty and he was sentenced to death.  :o

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:02:PM »
Despite clear evidence of schizophrenia presented at his trial at Bodmin Assizes it took the jury only 35 minutes to find him guilty and he was sentenced to death.  :o
Oh Patti, that is so sad.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:PM »
Oh Patti, that is so sad.

It is maggie. I oppose the death sentence at all levels.  Having read Albert Pierrpoints book and the gratification he got from what he did....and what happened to the ones he hung...it made me feel sick, it also made me value life, even for the hardest of criminals, who rightly belong behind bars.

I know I would be the first to say, I will kill the B, if anything happened to any of mine...but its just words maggie. In reality I would not kill anyone or thing...You know I love my spiders...awwwww. 

This man had an illness, which makes it wrong.   :(

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:PM »
It is maggie. I oppose the death sentence at all levels.  Having read Albert Pierrpoints book and the gratification he got from what he did....and what happened to the ones he hung...it made me feel sick, it also made me value life, even for the hardest of criminals, who rightly belong behind bars.

I know I would be the first to say, I will kill the B, if anything happened to any of mine...but its just words maggie. In reality I would not kill anyone or thing...You know I love my spiders...awwwww. 

This man had an illness, which makes it wrong.   :(
Like you Patti have always been totally opposed to the death penalty.  Can't bare it, couldnt read Pierrpoints book because it would haunt me.  No I don't kill anything, not even a fly.  We dont have any right to take life and neither does the state. imo

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:27:PM »
Like you Patti have always been totally opposed to the death penalty.  Can't bare it, couldnt read Pierrpoints book because it would haunt me.  No I don't kill anything, not even a fly.  We dont have any right to take life and neither does the state. imo

You are so right maggie. Can I say you have a good way of putting things.  :) :) :) :)