Author Topic: Yorkshire ripper  (Read 8269 times)

Offline hourglass

Re: Yorkshire ripper
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:PM »
You know any nice guy, not serial killer, that likes asian girl?

Im 43, still good looker.  Dress nice, decent cook.

I used to be fussy but I settle for someone who puts the toilet seat down these days.

Offline hourglass

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 07:27:PM »
Hourglass you are so funny but I am really starting to like you.  Maybe this forum should be females only :)

Yes maybe we have girlie dating column.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline susan

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 07:35:PM »
Hourglass I think if you hang about this forum you will find the man of your dreams he is here waiting for you :)

Offline hourglass

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 07:37:PM »
Is that the most I can look forward to:

A guy who is not a serial killer but puts the seat down?

OK I'll get me coat.

Offline susan

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:PM »
hourglass :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Jane

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:PM »
Ohhhhhhhh Not all men are....I have a date next weekend. Thank You Susan!!!!!!!!  :) :) :)

Patti, my greatest wish is that you are on the same wavelength. If you are, everything else will fall into place. I think most of the men I've met have been thick, they never seem to know what I'm talking about and if I can't have a cracking good conversation with a man, I sure as hell don't want to go to bed with him.

Offline hourglass

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 07:44:PM »

Patti, my greatest wish is that you are on the same wavelength. If you are, everything else will fall into place. I think most of the men I've met have been thick, they never seem to know what I'm talking about and if I can't have a cracking good conversation with a man, I sure as hell don't want to go to bed with him.

My feelings too but I can leave the bed bit these days.  I have gotten used to my own clean bed linen and unspolit nighties.

Offline Jane

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:PM »
My feelings too but I can leave the bed bit these days.  I have gotten used to my own clean bed linen and unspolit nighties.

Oh hourglass, how sad. I met my beloved late partner when I was 47 and we enjoyed 13 glorious years before he died. I really don't think I'll ever meet anyone who remotely meets the standards he led me to expect. To be honest, I'm not certain that I want to, because like you, although I still miss him terribly, I like having the bed to myself and making my own decisions on what to wear when I'm in it!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Naughty Nun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:PM »
He even had nuns write to him, i kid you not.

Hi Andrea

I can assure you I wasn't one of them  :).

Where there's 100% proof, as in the Ripper case, I can't get my head round how a woman, any woman, would want to even put pen to paper let alone all the rest of it eg visits, marriage.  These women don't deny the prisoner is guilty either.  Weird. 
Pray...Lord...prevent chafing from my latex habit and if I get too dirty wipe me down with a damp cloth and a bit of fairy.

Offline Naughty Nun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 08:22:PM »
Maggie if Sutcliffe's wife was so controlling maybe this made him feel to be in control with the women he murdered and carrying out his sexual act was his disgust for women in general.  Can you ever get your head round the number of female followers he has.

Hi Susan

From what I have read both the Ripper and Savile had what might be considered rather 'strange' relationships with their mothers.  I believe Savile kept his late mother's clothes.  Is this 'normal'? 
Pray...Lord...prevent chafing from my latex habit and if I get too dirty wipe me down with a damp cloth and a bit of fairy.

Offline Jane

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:PM »
Hi Susan

From what I have read both the Ripper and Savile had what might be considered rather 'strange' relationships with their mothers.  I believe Savile kept his late mother's clothes.  Is this 'normal'?

NaNu, I'm inclined to see such behaviour as overly dependent and would run a mile from any man who displayed such tendencies. However, many women would see this behaviour as both loving and respectful and believe they would be treated in the same way. For such men, usually only one woman in their life is worthy of it.

Offline Naughty Nun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 08:34:PM »
It was the geordie tapes that were sent to Oldfield, Susan.
It sent the investigation way off, oldfield firmly believed that whoever sent that tape must have been the murderer, so it diverted the atention away from the real killer, and they started looking for men with a geordie accent. Even though Sutcliffes victims told the police that the man who attacked them had a yorkshire accent.

Hi Andrea

Wasn't this hoax guy caught fairly recently?  I thought he was tried and convicted?  Amazing that the police were hoodwinked and sent off on a wild goose chase.  If the detective in charge had been female I wonder if she would have been fooled quite as easily  :-\  Sure consider the tape but the fact that the investigation was diverted on this basis which went against all the police were told by the victims seems like a bad decision to me.

Offline Naughty Nun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 08:41:PM »

NaNu, I'm inclined to see such behaviour as overly dependent and would run a mile from any man who displayed such tendencies. However, many women would see this behaviour as both loving and respectful and believe they would be treated in the same way. For such men, usually only one woman in their life is worthy of it.

Hi April1

I think you can tell a lot about a man ie emotionally from the sort of relationship he had, or didn't have, with his mother.  I would be very wary of a man who talks incessantly in overly glowing terms about his mother.

Offline hourglass

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:PM »
Hi Andrea

Wasn't this hoax guy caught fairly recently?  I thought he was tried and convicted?  Amazing that the police were hoodwinked and sent off on a wild goose chase.  If the detective in charge had been female I wonder if she would have been fooled quite as easily  :-\  Sure consider the tape but the fact that the investigation was diverted on this basis which went against all the police were told by the victims seems like a bad decision to me.

Yes the hoaxer was caught recently.  It was a bad decision at the time to belive in the tapes but decisions are made some wrong some right.  Not sure if a woman would have been better we make mistakes too.  The difference with women is our ego does not get in the way of a decision.

Line I loved in James Bond movie was Judy Dench:

Some Admiral says "Sometimes "M" I dont think you have the balls for this job."

Dench (M) replies "Not having them means I dont have to think with them!"

Offline Naughty Nun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:PM »
Yes the hoaxer was caught recently.  It was a bad decision at the time to belive in the tapes but decisions are made some wrong some right.  Not sure if a woman would have been better we make mistakes too.  The difference with women is our ego does not get in the way of a decision.

Line I loved in James Bond movie was Judy Dench:

Some Admiral says "Sometimes "M" I dont think you have the balls for this job."

Dench (M) replies "Not having them means I dont have to think with them!"

Hi Hourglass

;D ;D ;D yes I agree re the ego/balls.  I enjoyed the film.  I assume you have seen it too.

I agree women make mistakes very occasionally  ;)  but the problem I have with these mid 80's police investigations and criminal trials is that they were all male dominated.  Please don't get me wrong I'm no lunatic feminist.  I love men but not too much you understand ;) ;) ;).  But I bet in the Ripper case there were hardly any female members of the police force from grass roots to ivory tower.

Bamber case:

Police = WPC Jeapes
Forensics = Glynnis Howard
Legal = 0
Newspaper Journalists = 0
Jury = 7 males, 5 females

So info presented to jury, which is almost representative of population based on gender, is compiled almost exclusively by males for females to interpret  :-\  I see this as being a big problem but I don't think others do.  So perhaps the big problem is with me  :-\