Author Topic: Yorkshire ripper  (Read 8265 times)

Offline andrea

Yorkshire ripper
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:03:PM »
This isnt a MOJ, but its one of the most high profile cases this country has ever seen.

Peter William Sutcliffe jailed in 1981 for the murder of 13 women and the attempted murder of 7 others. He has since admitted to other attacks.

He is locked up in Broadmoor high security hospital,and will never be released.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:08:PM by Andrea »
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline susan

Re: Yorkshire ripper
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:12:PM »
Andrea  I seem to remember had the police done their job right some lives would have been saved.  Sutcliffe's wife must have been an odd ball.  I think she was a teacher if she had mental problems she would not notice his.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:13:PM »
I lived in Rotherham at the time and, all women were scared to go out.  We had a Ripper newspaper pushed through the door full of the murders that had taken place...I think the whole of Yorkshire had one...I think it was sent by the police.  Wish I had kept it.   :(

Offline andrea

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:17:PM »
Andrea  I seem to remember had the police done their job right some lives would have been saved.  Sutcliffe's wife must have been an odd ball.  I think she was a teacher if she had mental problems she would not notice his.

It was the geordie tapes that were sent to Oldfield, Susan.
It sent the investigation way off, oldfield firmly believed that whoever sent that tape must have been the murderer, so it diverted the atention away from the real killer, and they started looking for men with a geordie accent. Even though Sutcliffes victims told the police that the man who attacked them had a yorkshire accent.
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:17:PM »
Thats very true Susie. Yes she was given to huge rages because of her schizophreia also very controlling. She was as you say probably totally boud up with her own illness. Maye thats why he chose her, a psychopath is clever at that sort of thing...she must have been useful to him.

Offline susan

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:PM »
Patti  I remember when I use to work late and I would call on a friend (male) who lived on Savile Park it was quite a stretch of grassland on my way home I later found out he had attacked a young woman on there but think she managed to get away.  Creepy he looked quite handsome and normal.

Offline susan

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:28:PM »
Maggie if Sutcliffe's wife was so controlling maybe this made him feel to be in control with the women he murdered and carrying out his sexual act was his disgust for women in general.  Can you ever get your head round the number of female followers he has.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:32:PM »
Patti  I remember when I use to work late and I would call on a friend (male) who lived on Savile Park it was quite a stretch of grassland on my way home I later found out he had attacked a young woman on there but think she managed to get away.  Creepy he looked quite handsome and normal.

He is not so handsome now....he is blind and his face is distorted due to attacks....Did you hear about the woman that was to marry him recently..She even sold her home and they became pen pal lovers....He sent her such sweet messages...She was in love with him....

When she moved closer she went to visit him....The guards asked her a set of questions and one of them was " Do you mind Peter sending mail to other women" Her answer was yes...She later found out that he has a string of admirers send each and everyone of them similar letters....She was furious and, she has written a book about it..... ??? ??? ???

Offline andrea

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:33:PM »
Maggie if Sutcliffe's wife was so controlling maybe this made him feel to be in control with the women he murdered and carrying out his sexual act was his disgust for women in general.  Can you ever get your head round the number of female followers he has.

Sutcliffe claims that he was ripped of by a prostitiue, he was seething with rage and wanted revenge on her and her kind. But no woman was safe, he just didnt kill prostiutes.
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline andrea

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:PM »
He is not so handsome now....he is blind and his face is distorted due to attacks....Did you hear about the woman that was to marry him recently..She even sold her home and they became pen pal lovers....He sent her such sweet messages...She was in love with him....

When she moved closer she went to visit him....The guards asked her a set of questions and one of them was " Do you mind Peter sending mail to other women" Her answer was yes...She later found out that he has a string of admirers send each and everyone of them similar letters....She was furious and, she has written a book about it..... ??? ??? ???

He even had nuns write to him, i kid you not.
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:38:PM »
There is a condition some women suffer from . This is why some women write to men on death row in America Susie and marryt them or other murderers and then the guy gets out for some reason and a few have been murdered. Cant remember the name of the condition will look it up later. Its really sad. No one in their right mind, surely would want anything to do with that excuse for a human being.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 06:41:PM »
Sutcliffe claims that he was ripped of by a prostitiue, he was seething with rage and wanted revenge on her and her kind. But no woman was safe, he just didnt kill prostiutes.
Yes Sutcliffe is a fine example of an out of control or failed psychopath....scary.  :o

Offline susan

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:PM »
Andrea  I think Sutcliffe got sexual gratification from killing women and if his sex life with his wife was normal why would he need to use prostitutes.  No just a very sick individual.

Offline hourglass

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:PM »

Ah I find this thread now.  Most difficult to find things on this site.

Savile Park?  I hope they rename it.

Now one of the Rippers victim was found just yards from Saviles Leeds flat by Roundhay Park.  Later on Savile is Sutcliffes best mate in Broadmoor and Sutcliffe is one of the few people to offer a good word for Savile.

Offline hourglass

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:PM »
Andrea  I think Sutcliffe got sexual gratification from killing women and if his sex life with his wife was normal why would he need to use prostitutes.  No just a very sick individual.

What is normal?  I never had two men alike.