Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 47821 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 03:38:PM »
Maybe Joanne should think about phoning HMP Kingston to verify what you say?

Joanne has tried her best to bring some sort of sensible end to this continuing battle, yet seems to have been drawn in by the lies of her 'playground buddies'. It's a shame she won't heed your advice Stephanie.

Maybe she should take a step back and realise that her 'buddies' amount to a handful of nasty, individuals, whereas this forum has many genuine members who are trying to resolve and put an end to their games.

I dont see what use slating them is, if we are trying to negotiate some kind of workable truce.  Please adhere to requests not to attack them.

Offline Annie

• Justice 4 Simon Hall
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 03:44:PM »
I have 'attacked' no-one Roch!!!

I sympathise with Joanne and respect her for trying to resolve the issues between the forums.

I merely wanted to point out that she has been taken is by their lies and used by them to do their dirty work, resulting in her getting into trouble with HMP.

I like and respect Joanne and do not want her to get a criminal record merely because she believed the lies of others.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:44:PM by Annie »
~ most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure ~ many of life's failures are men who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up ~

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 03:47:PM »
We requested that nothing negative was posted in relation to the other forum, regardless of whether members felt they were justified in doing so.  'Cool heads' is all I am saying.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 04:04:PM »
So I take it the 'truce' is off??

I'm not sure what you mean.  But will you and Annie please adhere to Mods' requests. Thanks.

Offline Annie

• Justice 4 Simon Hall
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 04:26:PM »
We requested that nothing negative was posted in relation to the other forum, regardless of whether members felt they were justified in doing so.  'Cool heads' is all I am saying.

What is 'negative' about offering advice?

My opinion and advice is just that ... my opinion and my advice!!

~ most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure ~ many of life's failures are men who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up ~

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 04:35:PM »

What is 'negative' about offering advice?

My opinion and advice is just that ... my opinion and my advice!!

When did this thread become the 'Annie's advice' thread?   You made negative remarks about the other forum, on the open forum.  So I pointed out that your doing so was in contradiction to the request we put out. 

Please help me out by refraining from commenting on these matters any further. 

-Harters-

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2012, 10:58:AM »
Rochy, I fear you may be fighting a losing battle here, some people seem to thrive on the conflict, take that away from them and they will be nothing but an empty shell.  :-\

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2012, 11:24:AM »

Can we please adhere to what Roch has said please. 

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2012, 11:56:AM »

Can we please adhere to what Roch has said please.

I support that.  A lot of effort has gone into this and it is important that it succeeds, in the interests of the forum and its members.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 05:08:PM »
Update:

Bar some initial teething problems, we have stuck to the agreement so far.  We have not allowed criticism of the other forum to be posted upon our open forum, without challenge, removal or editing.  We have not posted negatively on our open forum in respect to other members over there, regardless as to whether they use their real name or a user-name.

We do not allow threads over here targeting members over there, regardless of whether they use their real name or a user-name.

Where negative posts did appear over here, we removed them or edited them and asked for cooperation from our members.  We have not allowed any of our members to act as 'renegades' to the agreement, undermining the hard work of Andrea and Joanne. 

We do not wish for people who openly express negative views, cling to the past and who would prefer conflict and abuse, to undermine this agreement. 

We have respected the spirit of this agreement, in good faith.

Lugg

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 06:01:PM »
Update:

Bar some initial teething problems, we have stuck to the agreement so far.  We have not allowed criticism of the other forum to be posted upon our open forum, without challenge, removal or editing.  We have not posted negatively on our open forum in respect to other members over there, regardless as to whether they use their real name or a user-name.

We do not allow threads over here targeting members over there, regardless of whether they use their real name or a user-name.

Where negative posts did appear over here, we removed them or edited them and asked for cooperation from our members.  We have not allowed any of our members to act as 'renegades' to the agreement, undermining the hard work of Andrea and Joanne. 

We do not wish for people who openly express negative views, cling to the past and who would prefer conflict and abuse, to undermine this agreement. 

We have respected the spirit of this agreement, in good faith.
I would also like think that this has come about by members here freely cooperating with the administration of this forum?
So are they on the "other" forum behaving just as respectfuly as we are Roch?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:PM »
I would also like think that this has come about by members here freely cooperating with the administration of this forum?
So are they on the "other" forum behaving just as respectfuly as we are Roch?

They have an opportunity to do so and I am hopeful that they will reciprocate in good faith, in a similar way to the recent breakthroughs we have seen.  I prefer to remain positive about the members on their forum. 

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 07:35:PM »
They have an opportunity to do so and I am hopeful that they will reciprocate in good faith, in a similar way to the recent breakthroughs we have seen.  I prefer to remain positive about the members on their forum.

Well said Roch. We can only go forward and stay positive.  By the way the drinks are me! Salute to the future....xxxx

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 10:42:PM »
Still waiting for the spirit of the agreement to be fully implemented.  I hope this happens soon.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 12:56:PM »
Can we please have a guarantee from the leading members and mods on the other forum that no multiple user-names will be used in the poll on the other forum?  If multiple user-names are allowed to represent real members over there, this would effectively rig the poll result.

Transparency would be seen as a very positive thing in this poll.  I also hope that any members from here who have opened accounts over there, will see the benefit of allowing an agreement to continue.  It facilitates case related debate to continue, without the endless interference provided by bickering.