Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 47804 times)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 12:22:PM »
I see my previous post was deleted.

It was deleted Bob.  I viewed it an attempt to goad a member and I thought it better to nip this in the bud before it escalated.

Caroline R

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 12:36:PM »
Thank you Caroline... I have no idea what has been going on these past few months but there have been one or two trolls on this forum, clearly here to disrupt and cause as much distress to members as possible.

Mat & Lithium are 2 such trolls - one of these appears to have been here for the sole purpose of gaining personal details of certain individuals. The same person has then gone on to tell a string of lies, again with the sole purpose of causing distress and discord to members.

It is clear to me who the genuine posters are on this forum and who aren't. It is also clear to me that there appears to be a cliche and this cliche appear intent of causing friction and behaving in an unfair manner.

Again, I agree and this whole thing will be to the detriment of the whole board - I seriously can't be arsed any more.  I certainly cannot see the fascination with bringing back people who have not only set out to offend regular contributors but have caused them untold distress. Lugg mentioned Animal Farm earlier - it seems another revolution was already under way!!

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:PM »
Thank you Caroline... I have no idea what has been going on these past few months but there have been one or two trolls on this forum, clearly here to disrupt and cause as much distress to members as possible.

Mat & Lithium are 2 such trolls - one of these appears to have been here for the sole purpose of gaining personal details of certain individuals. The same person has then gone on to tell a string of lies, again with the sole purpose of causing distress and discord to members.

It is clear to me who the genuine posters are on this forum and who aren't. It is also clear to me that there appears to be a cliche and this cliche appear intent of causing friction and behaving in an unfair manner.

Again, I agree and this whole thing will be to the detriment of the whole board - I seriously can't be arsed any more.  I certainly cannot see the fascination with bringing back people who have not only set out to offend regular contributors but have caused them untold distress. Lugg mentioned Animal Farm earlier - it seems another revolution was already under way!!

Who is being brought back? 

Caroline R

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:PM »

Not 'being' brought back 'has been' brought back!

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 01:30:PM »

I think members might be mistaken.  There is one banned member posting under a different name but it is not the person who has been suggested.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:31:PM by Roch »

Offline bob

• 78.6%
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 01:36:PM »

I think members might be mistaken.  There is one banned member posting under a different name but it is not the person who has been suggested.
Why is a banned user knowingly allowed to post under a different name?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 01:48:PM »

Why is a banned user knowingly allowed to post under a different name?

It was not initially known but then became apparent.  The only answer I can come up with is that we are generally inclined towards goodwill / leniency in some situations.  Where a person is banned but then returns shortly afterwards, that would likely result in a second ban.  Where a considerable amount of time has elapsed since the initial ban, it may be another matter.  A second ban might then depend upon the current conduct of the returnee? Hope this makes sense.

Caroline R

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:PM »

I concede to being wrong - how paranoia sets in so easily!

Offline susan

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 02:10:PM »
Caroline  well done for that post my girl it shows you are made of true grit :) and a very honest intelligent young lady and the forum needs people like you. :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 02:13:PM »

It's easily done.  I've done it my self.  I also concur with Susan's post in respect of your posting on this forum.  Probably because you seem to be on my wavelength when it comes to the main case  ;)

Caroline R

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 02:31:PM »
It's easily done.  I've done it my self.  I also concur with Susan's post in respect of your posting on this forum.  Probably because you seem to be on my wavelength when it comes to the main case  ;)

Thanks!  :) To both of you!!

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 02:47:PM »

I agree with you Caroline, I have just had a funny 5 minutes about the same information.  I apologised to Patti by pm and apologising to her on the forum...Sorry Pats ;D ;D

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 02:48:PM »
In my opinion, I don't think we should place too much pressure on Joanne.  She obviously doing her best already.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 02:57:PM »

I agree with you Caroline, I have just had a funny 5 minutes about the same information.  I apologised to Patti by pm and apologising to her on the forum...Sorry Pats ;D ;D

That's OK maggie, no worries. With what is going on at the moment it is understandable.  You've only had a funny 5 minutes. Well I invite you into my living room and you would howl with laughter.  :) :) :) :)

Offline Annie

• Justice 4 Simon Hall
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:PM »
Maybe Joanne should think about phoning HMP Kingston to verify what you say?

Joanne has tried her best to bring some sort of sensible end to this continuing battle, yet seems to have been drawn in by the lies of her 'playground buddies'. It's a shame she won't heed your advice Stephanie.

Maybe she should take a step back and realise that her 'buddies' amount to a handful of nasty, individuals, whereas this forum has many genuine members who are trying to resolve and put an end to their games.

~ most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure ~ many of life's failures are men who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up ~