Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 47805 times)

Offline petey

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:PM »
ALL the names of ALL the campaigners for justice need to go too... !!

There are ex members names from here on there who have received taxi's, take-aways, threats, abuse and been defamed left right and centre.

There are threads and threads about too many people to mention..

They won't remove it because it will mean losing almost a whole forum.

I say re-instate everything and wait until that forum is removed by the authorities.....

@Patti - It has EVERYTHING to do with EVERY MOJ victim - what planet are you on?

You appear too wrapped up in your own self importance to realise the state of the INjustice in this country Patti.

You spend all your time putting music and quiz threads up.

I wonder how you would feel if you came under attack like this on a daily basis... ?!

Irrespective of what you want or believe, Roch and ngb have made a conscious decision to remove threads with the purpose of attacking and criticising the other forum.

Can  you not show some respect for the decision that they have made and whether you agree or disagree with their choice, you choose to take an active part in this, the Jeremy Bamber Forum so why don't you try and abide by what they say as forum administrators and moderators.

Secondly, Patti is a well respected long term MODERATOR of this forum. Is it really necessary for you to criticise or attempt to put her down?  If you do feel so strongly about her and what she has done, you would be far better served sending a pm either directly to Patti or if you want to go further, to Roch or ngb.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 10:49:PM »
Thank You Petey.  :)  I noted tonight that the discussion of the Jeremy Bamber case has ceased for over two hours.  Again the forum is in disruption.  If there is any more I will move the thread.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 12:13:AM »
We do not condone attacks on any member of this forum.  But Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.  We cannot magic overnight a total ceasefire involving every single person.  People have to want to be part of a process of stopping attacks.  If they do not want to be part of that process, then it follows that it's going to prove difficult to achieve the goal of stopping all attacks.   

Offline andrea

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 12:20:AM »
Both sides will have to work at it. Shouldnt be hard to achieve.
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Lugg

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:AM »
Let me say first of all that I think both ngb and Roch and Patti as well are doing an admirably job in trying to get some kind of peace between this other forum in question. I must also emphasise that my post here is no critism of their work.
But the reason I posted a picture of Leo Tolstoy (the author of War and Peace) was that he believed in the ultimate goodness and reasonableness of human nature. Unfortunately he died a very disappointed man. Why? Because man's prejudices are far stronger than his reasonable abilities.
I therefore will reserve my judgement on this peace treaty. I would like to believe it. But something causes me to doubt its success?

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:AM »
Let me say first of all that I think both ngb and Roch and Patti as well are doing an admirably job in trying to get some kind of peace between this other forum in question. I must also emphasise that my post here is no critism of their work.
But the reason I posted a picture of Leo Tolstoy (the author of War and Peace) was that he believed in the ultimate goodness and reasonableness of human nature. Unfortunately he died a very disappointed man. Why? Because man's prejudices are far stronger than his reasonable abilities.
I therefore will reserve my judgement on this peace treaty. I would like to believe it. But something causes me to doubt its success?

Hi Lugg thank you.  I think we all understand where you are coming from, but we have to stay positive in what might be achieved.  It wont happen overnight, but given time it might just work.  The peace treaty will only fail if people oppose it and continue to cause disruptions on both sides. 

My concern is for this forum and the members that post on it and, try to limit the amount of disruption on it, so we can all do what we do best and, that is debate Jeremy Bamber and other miscarriages of justice.

I know that sometimes we all tend to go off piste and break threads up and turn it into a funny situation, but we can't live and breath JB and miscarriages of injustice day in day out, it is human nature to break that monotony.  I can't for the life of me be serious all day long, life is far too short.  Alls I can say is have faith for the time being.  I believe there is good in everybody Lugg, lets try and let a bit of gooness come out...lol  :) :) :) :)

Offline susan

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:AM »
Morning Patti

I always thought there was good in everybody but of late think I  may have got that wrong.  I was always taught not to let other people's behaviour change mine and I try to live my life in that way. Two wrongs don't make a right so if this forum limits the amout of disruption that is the best we can do.  By the way Roch Rome wasn't built in a day but it was burnt down in one :)

Lugg

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:AM »

Hi Lugg thank you.  I think we all understand where you are coming from, but we have to stay positive in what might be achieved.  It wont happen overnight, but given time it might just work.  The peace treaty will only fail if people oppose it and continue to cause disruptions on both sides. 

My concern is for this forum and the members that post on it and, try to limit the amount of disruption on it, so we can all do what we do best and, that is debate Jeremy Bamber and other miscarriages of justice.

I know that sometimes we all tend to go off piste and break threads up and turn it into a funny situation, but we can't live and breath JB and miscarriages of injustice day in day out, it is human nature to break that monotony.  I can't for the life of me be serious all day long, life is far too short.  Alls I can say is have faith for the time being.  I believe there is good in everybody Lugg, lets try and let a bit of gooness come out...lol  :) :) :) :)
Which is my whole point. But I believe the bonds of hatred are too strong to break in this case. Personally I don't have the same faith in human nature as you do. But as for me "Lugg" I will not contribute or be intimidated by any kind of abuse towards me if there be any. That should be the resolve of all members of this forum I believe if this is to work. I wait with anticipation.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:AM »

Which is my whole point. But I believe the bonds of hatred are too strong to break in this case. Personally I don't have the same faith in human nature as you do. But as for me "Lugg" I will not contribute or be intimidated by any kind of abuse towards me if there be any. That should be the resolve of all members of this forum I believe if this is to work. I wait with anticipation.

And neither will I stand for being intimidated or abuse thrown at me for no valid reason and, I have had plenty of that on this forum of late.  I often wonder why? I often think that I must be a bad person to receive such vile posts aimed at me. I often think I have said something wrong. I often think, I wonder if I have hurt them in any way....Like you I can't justify the reasons why anyone would wish to say such cruel things about you me or anyone.  But, what I wont do is join in with it or bring it to this forum.   :)

Offline OnceSaid

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 02:47:PM »
I think we all have to do what we gotta do so that this forum gets back on track.  This is afterall the Jeremy Bamber forum and we have to respect that.

I also think that we all have to respect that people have different views and opinions as to who may be a miscarriage of justice, or not.  There are some members on this forum who eat sleep and breathe the injustice when a miscarriage of justice occurs and unless you have been affected you will never know the devastating consequences it has on everyone involved.  Can I ask that members do not allow miscarriage of justice individual threads to go off topic, or be allowed to become disruptive.  It is vital that information related to cases is able to be seen by the public but people don't want to have to trawl through unrelated posts to get to it.  It is only fair having researched the case in full, if someone believes that a miscarriage of justice has not occurred that they give their reasons if they are going to comment on a case.  If people were more tolerant of each other, and respected each others opinions, whether they agreed with them or not, it doesnt need to end up in a slanging match.

There are many people who think that if a miscarriage of justice has occurred then it is likely to be a one off and it must have been down to human error with no malice intended.  There are also many who believe that this is a load of nonsense.  All we can do is give people information, and if they are truly interested they will read everything available before they dismiss that a person is potentially innocent or guilty as charged.

When you truly believe that a persons/s has been wrongly convicted and voice your opinion, you leave yourself wide open to abuse and being labelled a child killer supporter, a beast supporter etc.  Unfortunately it comes with the territory, sad but true.  If the name callers actually knew the moj supporters, or knew more about them they would come to realise that we would not support a murderer in any shape or form if we believed that that person was guilty.  I genuinely believe that people who think someone has suffered from a miscarriage of justice has researched the case, and continue to search for updates, many are also privvy to priviledged information, whereas the majority of people who think the conviction is safe, have not put as much effort into their research.  Trolls are also a nuisance and do so much damage that they should be given no room to manoevre, and should be kicked off as soon as it is obvious what their game is.  I just can't understand where these people get all the spare time and why they can't get themselves something worthwhile to do rather than troll internet forums. 

Some people from both sides may be openminded and willing to have their minds changed if evidence is shown to them to sway their current view, whilst there are others who will never changed their mind no matter what is provided to them.  There's not much that can be done about that unfortunately.

We are different people, coming from different backgrounds, with a vast amount of knowledge and experience between us, but we also have oppossing views at times which is always going to be a bumpy ride, but if the forum were to have continued in the way it was going, it would probably have eventually ground to halt and the greatest loss in all of this would have been to Jeremy Bamber and the other miscarriage of justice cases which are highlighted on this site.

I know this announcement has come about due to much more than a few disgreements between members on threads and I admire what the mods are attempting to do and I will not make their job anymore difficult. Anyway, just thinking out loud and wanted to comment on a few things. :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 04:23:PM »
I think we all have to do what we gotta do so that this forum gets back on track.  This is afterall the Jeremy Bamber forum and we have to respect that.

I also think that we all have to respect that people have different views and opinions as to who may be a miscarriage of justice, or not.  There are some members on this forum who eat sleep and breathe the injustice when a miscarriage of justice occurs and unless you have been affected you will never know the devastating consequences it has on everyone involved.  Can I ask that members do not allow miscarriage of justice individual threads to go off topic, or be allowed to become disruptive.  It is vital that information related to cases is able to be seen by the public but people don't want to have to trawl through unrelated posts to get to it.  It is only fair having researched the case in full, if someone believes that a miscarriage of justice has not occurred that they give their reasons if they are going to comment on a case.  If people were more tolerant of each other, and respected each others opinions, whether they agreed with them or not, it doesnt need to end up in a slanging match.

There are many people who think that if a miscarriage of justice has occurred then it is likely to be a one off and it must have been down to human error with no malice intended.  There are also many who believe that this is a load of nonsense.  All we can do is give people information, and if they are truly interested they will read everything available before they dismiss that a person is potentially innocent or guilty as charged.

When you truly believe that a persons/s has been wrongly convicted and voice your opinion, you leave yourself wide open to abuse and being labelled a child killer supporter, a beast supporter etc.  Unfortunately it comes with the territory, sad but true.  If the name callers actually knew the moj supporters, or knew more about them they would come to realise that we would not support a murderer in any shape or form if we believed that that person was guilty.  I genuinely believe that people who think someone has suffered from a miscarriage of justice has researched the case, and continue to search for updates, many are also privvy to priviledged information, whereas the majority of people who think the conviction is safe, have not put as much effort into their research.  Trolls are also a nuisance and do so much damage that they should be given no room to manoevre, and should be kicked off as soon as it is obvious what their game is.  I just can't understand where these people get all the spare time and why they can't get themselves something worthwhile to do rather than troll internet forums. 

Some people from both sides may be openminded and willing to have their minds changed if evidence is shown to them to sway their current view, whilst there are others who will never changed their mind no matter what is provided to them.  There's not much that can be done about that unfortunately.

We are different people, coming from different backgrounds, with a vast amount of knowledge and experience between us, but we also have oppossing views at times which is always going to be a bumpy ride, but if the forum were to have continued in the way it was going, it would probably have eventually ground to halt and the greatest loss in all of this would have been to Jeremy Bamber and the other miscarriage of justice cases which are highlighted on this site.

I know this announcement has come about due to much more than a few disgreements between members on threads and I admire what the mods are attempting to do and I will not make their job anymore difficult. Anyway, just thinking out loud and wanted to comment on a few things. :)

Thank you for your support Once Said.  You make some very valid points in my opinion.  Off Topic posts do not now appear in the rolling list of 'most recent posts'.  I think this will help to refocus the attention of posters back on to case related threads.  Regarding the content of these case related threads, the mods will need to try and steer posts to remain relevant to the topic.  All threads tend to veer off-topic at some point.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:23:PM by Roch »

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:AM »
Quick Message to the RED FORUM. Please take down the personal messages from JP please.  We are trying our best to moderate people using surnames over here and, delete/edit any that have recently been posted; plus any post that may be used to keep the feud going.  Can we do this please. Thank you.   ;)

Caroline R

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 12:14:PM »

Hi Patti . I don't think this is the way forward. We mustn't let trolls/haters dictate to us.

Half of the RED FORUM is dedicated to myself and JP and they won't take it down for the simple reason there would be no forum left and they wouldn't have anything else to talk about.

In my humble opinion - the threads that have been taken down here should be put back up so that freedom of speech can continue.

Patti I think you will find that their posts fall under 'harassment (by their own admission), defamation, stalking, highly offensive comments, hate crime and damn right nastiness.'

Patti you need to realise these people are ill and there is no magic cure for their behaviours.

Sadly MOJ' s appear to attract these types of individuals. Until they seek professional help and/or are apprehended by the authorities - it will not stop.

I totally agree with you Steph! Especially as it seems to also coincide with certain notorious banned members being allowed to return. 

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16:PM »

Hi Patti . I don't think this is the way forward. We mustn't let trolls/haters dictate to us.

Half of the RED FORUM is dedicated to myself and JP and they won't take it down for the simple reason there would be no forum left and they wouldn't have anything else to talk about.

In my humble opinion - the threads that have been taken down here should be put back up so that freedom of speech can continue.

Patti I think you will find that their posts fall under 'harassment (by their own admission), defamation, stalking, highly offensive comments, hate crime and damn right nastiness.'

Patti you need to realise these people are ill and there is no magic cure for their behaviours.

Sadly MOJ' s appear to attract these types of individuals. Until they seek professional help and/or are apprehended by the authorities - it will not stop.

I totally agree with you Steph! Especially as it seems to also coincide with certain notorious banned members being allowed to return.

I will be making a further announcement on this soon. 

Offline bob

• 78.6%
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 12:19:PM »
I see my previous post was deleted.