Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 47802 times)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
ANNOUNCEMENT
« on: November 01, 2012, 05:53:PM »

For a long time members here have been subjected to attack and abuse by members of the so called "red forum"  Many of our members have expressed concern about the disruption and distraction caused by responses to those attacks posted here.  A proposal has been made for all threads and posts of this nature on both forums should be removed.  Although we do not accept that posts here fall into the same category as many on the "red" forum we have agreed to the proposal. 

We have this afternoon deleted three threads which had as their subject matter members of the "red" forum.  Some threads have also been deleted from that forum.  This is the first phase.  We am now looking to those in charge of the "red" forum to delete all threads and posts attacking our members or revealing their personal details.  When we see that happening we will continue the process of deleting posts and threads here.  It will then be necessary for those responsible for moderating both boards to ensure that no further attacks are posted.

It remains to be seen whether the terms of this "truce" is honoured by those running the "red" forum.  All I can say is that we will keep our side of the bargain, provided that they do.

I hope this will be for the benefit of this forum and its members.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:59:PM »
Thank you NGB.  I am sure it is a step in the right direction and many thanks to all concerned.   :) :) :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00:PM »
A good result for those who have expressed genuine concern.  We will see if certain others will follow suit and enter in to spirit of these developments.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 06:02:PM »
I'll drink to that Roch...Bottoms Up! Well, not right up...lol   :) :) :)

Lugg

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 06:08:PM »
Quote from: Leo Tolstoy
Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 06:29:PM »

Patti, there is still a mass of abuse about our members over there... but it's a start

Offline Jo

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:34:PM »
This will be removed as soon as admin get back to the office. It's not something I can do.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49:PM »

Patti, there is still a mass of abuse about our members over there... but it's a start

Roch I hope it will all stop. This is a giant leap in the right direction for all concerned. 

We really would not abuse people like this in real life, so why do it on a forum.  I don't mind them laughing at me, but what I do mind, is someone being nasty towards to me and fellow members, when they don't take the time out to know us....

Who knows one day we might all post together......and raise the Miscarriage of Justices to unknown territory...One step at time though eh?

Well done guys....Hello to the red forum if you are looking in and be good....

Tim I think the bird of prey was a Buzzard, if not a Peregrine.  Deffo two Collard doves.  If you are interested in birds..take a look at this....obviously the fledglings have fled, but from march next year the project will begin again....It is well worth watching the eggs hatch and parents feeding them.  http://derbyperegrines.blogspot.co.uk/

Good luck.  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:50:PM by Patti »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:PM »

Roch I hope it will all stop.
Patti, it involves a certain amount of self restraint on the part of those who have been persistent offenders.  Our posts are constantly watched and picked off for ridicule.  For some members to stop doing this kind of thing over there, it might be a leap too far for them, like a culture shock.  But we'll see.  I honestly do hope it works.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:07:PM by Roch »

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 07:21:PM »

Roch I hope it will all stop.
Patti, it involves a certain amount of self restraint on the part of those who have been persistent offenders.  Our posts are constantly watched and picked off for ridicule.  For some members to stop doing this kind of thing over there, it might be a leap too far for them, like a culture shock.  But we'll see.  I honestly do hope it works.

We will see Roch  ;)  I hope I'm allowed to wink at you...Ha!

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:PM »
Please don't post names and accusations on this thread please.  I have to agree with Petey, please abide what NGB has requested please. Thank you.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 09:53:PM »
Patti you read the 'red forum' by your admission - so do you condone these constant attacks and threats?

Btw Patti that wasn't an accusation that was a fact...  :)  :) straight from the horses mouth...

Stephanie. NGB is the administrator of this forum and we have to abide by his rules whether we like it or not....

To be honest with you I do read the forum but I don't tune into it everyday.  I have even posted on it in my real name and JB can confirm that. 

This vendetta has to stop Steph.  We have an agreement in place and, that is that.

The other forum does not bother me, my concern is this one.  The best avenue one can take is to carry on regardless and do what we do best and that is to debate the things we fight for in a civilised manner like adults should do.....If you are grieved about me in any way then PM me....we will sort it.  I can't be no fairer than that...can I ?

Steph it might be a good idea to apologise to Petey, Beanie, Andrea and myself for saying that we are John L...It might be a good start on your part...

I will also make a promise to you.  I will look at Simon's case over the weekend....and try to give to strength it....Is that fair?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:59:PM by Patti »

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:PM »
Patti you read the 'red forum' by your admission - so do you condone these constant attacks and threats?

Btw Patti that wasn't an accusation that was a fact...  :)  :) straight from the horses mouth...

This vendetta has to stop Steph.  We have an agreement in place and, that is that.

I think their vendetta will only stop when one of them has been arrested and gains a criminal convictions.. This is the only way to deal with abusive, threatening, highly offensive people who take their online behaviour offline.. don't you agree Patti?

I don't think people like this understand the meaning of civilised....

I think it is appauling and I am surprised that you are condoning it Patti - but that is where you and I differ I guess....

I am not condoning anything, what they say on there is of no concern to the Jeremy BAMBER forum and, should not be brought over onto this forum.  If you have a grievance with anyone there then this forum is not the place to bring that grievance to.  Take the matters else where. 

Like I have said it is now the way we are going on this forum.....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:10:PM by Patti »

Offline Annie

• Justice 4 Simon Hall
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:PM »
About time!! I'm appalled at how long it has been allowed to continue.

Everyone on here seemed quite happy to sit back and observe the wicked vendetta against Stephanie and Simon ... and do nothing but criticise when she defended herself.

Stephanie I totally agree that until ALL traces of Simon and your names and addresses, including petty made up names, are completely removed then you have every right as a member on here to continue to voice your disgust!!

ps. I think you should give Patti a page in your book Stephanie ... she has some great ideas and I think she will be chuffed when you return her compliments!!

~ most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure ~ many of life's failures are men who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up ~

Offline Annie

• Justice 4 Simon Hall
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 10:15:PM »
Will this 'peace making' event also include members from over there still being allowed to post over here?

After all that happened are we now supposed to be 'one big happy family'?

I had to endure a barrage of abuse again the other night by a certain member, who admitted to drinking and taking drugs. This followed the previous time when another member admitted being drunk. Did I receive an apology? No.

I will abide by the rules (for now) but I'm not holding my breath that abuse will stop.

~ most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure ~ many of life's failures are men who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up ~