Author Topic: Was Robert Boutflour a Freemason? (Calling campion)  (Read 12926 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: Was Robert Boutflour a Freemason? (Calling campion)
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 07:46:PM »
So he's damned if he was a mason and damned if he wasn't, because of his father?

Hi Vic :)  It was only a question...I honestly do not know if RWB or his father was a Freemason...Alls I know is that it is very secretive...and one has to have money..Unfortunately my family have always been poor since the early 1800's.... lol  :) :) :) :)

Offline susan

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 07:57:PM »
Hi Patti  just reading your post to vidvic did you mean you have to have money to be a Freemason. :)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 08:01:PM »
Hi Patti  just reading your post to vidvic did you mean you have to have money to be a Freemason. :)

Hi Susan :)  I don't really know, but I don't think an ordinary Joe Bloggs who works down the pit could ever be one.  I'd have thought it to be an elite group???????  :) :) :) :)

Offline susan

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:PM »
Hi Patti  not sure a Masonic Lodge in Scotland is different than England but providing you are not "black balled" anyone can join providing you are not a pole dancer :) :) :)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:PM »
Hi Patti  not sure a Masonic Lodge in Scotland is different than England but providing you are not "black balled" anyone can join providing you are not a pole dancer :) :) :)

I don't know then Susan, I am guessing lol ....I do know women have their own lodge, but I have forgotten what they call it...So all the poles get delivered there...ha ha  :) :) :)

Lugg

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:PM »
I believe you would also have to prove that if he was a freemason then he had the ability to exercise any influence over a criminal inquiry, would you not?
Of course. I also do not mean to be confrontational. But I don't think campion could give the extent of his knowledge in one paragraph. It would be the same as reading one paragraph of Shakespeare and then declaring that from the part that you read that Shakespeare was not a very good playwright. ;D
I also would not speak of the Freemasons as being wholly corrupt just because they are Masons. But I do not doubt that some Masons use their influence to their own ends. That is not to say that all Freemasons are like that. That would be silly.

Offline susan

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:PM »
Hi Patti  the way it works in Scotland a Mason has to put your name forward to his Lodge and a vote is taken providing no member throws in a black ball you are home and dry.  I think the women's equivilent is something like White Star but don't put money on that as you could loose :) :) :)  Think Gordo30 might have more info on that than me. What your material wealth is does not matter I think it is more who you know.

Lugg

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:PM »
I also think you may do better by asking WHY campion is against Freemasonry? I know one think for a fact. But I certainly won't reveal it on here. I think that would be up to him to do so.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 08:20:PM »
Hi Patti  the way it works in Scotland a Mason has to put your name forward to his Lodge and a vote is taken providing no member throws in a black ball you are home and dry.  I think the women's equivilent is something like White Star but don't put money on that as you could loose :) :) :)  Think Gordo30 might have more info on that than me. What your material wealth is does not matter I think it is more who you know.

Are you sure you are not getting mixed up with the buffalo lodges.....where anyone can join?  They are called mason's too....Are not the Freemason's different? Ask a man lol  :) :) :) :)

Lugg

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:PM »
It is the same everywhere Susan. They don't invite everyone into Freemasonry. They are very selective as to who joins. In fact the whole of Jersey is run by the Freemasons and they freely admit it. That must tell you a lot about how the whole of a political party is almost entirely composed of Freemasons.

Offline susan

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23:PM »
Patti don't tell campion but I am married to one and not the Buffalo type either I wont let him read your post as he maybe really hurt Ha Ha what a hoot the whole thing is Ha Ha. :) :) :)

Offline gordo30

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:PM »
Of course. I also do not mean to be confrontational. But I don't think campion could give the extent of his knowledge in one paragraph. It would be the same as reading one paragraph of Shakespeare and then declaring that from the part that you read that Shakespeare was not a very good playwright. ;D
I also would not speak of the Freemasons as being wholly corrupt just because they are Masons. But I do not doubt that some Masons use their influence to their own ends. That is not to say that all Freemasons are like that. That would be silly.

I know nothing of this campion fellow to be honest, I do not know the extent of his knowledge regarding freemasonry. I only have  what he has written in this thread to go on and to me it is very much baseline in terms of its complexities., many of you have already stated unintentionally i must say much that already contradicts what I feel he was trying to do here on this thread.

He replied to me as gordo 69 reffering to the judicial fraternities and police lodges mainly in America but also in other parts here in the Uk, he was trying to attempt to say that I am somehow trying to derail his attempts at attacking the order of freemasonry when all I am really doing is trying to do is put a different perspective to the order from the inside that may well help you all with this possible aspect of this case.

I can say without any doubt that freemasonry did nothing to continue or help further this man in any part he had to play within this case, unless of course you have proof and not some ramblings of someone who has obviously some form of variance to the order.

Patti I know nothing of the buffaloes except they appear to be big hairy beasts that probably tast quite good. They have nothing to do with freemasonry.

Offline susan

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 08:28:PM »
Hi Lugg maybe they were short of members when he was invited in Ha Ha :)    Does this mean ngb is going to delete my account as being guilty by association I do hope not I could divorce him. :)

Lugg

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:PM »
Patti don't tell campion but I am married to one and not the Buffalo type either I wont let him read your post as he maybe really hurt Ha Ha what a hoot the whole thing is Ha Ha. :) :) :)
My wife's father's brother (I wasn't married to her then) was a Freemason. My wife's father was invited by his brother to become one, but he refused.
On his brother's death the Masons took over all the arrangements for his wife on the funeral. So she had nothing to worry about in that area.

Offline gordo30

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 08:30:PM »

I don't want to turn this into some form of educational thread on freemasonry but your right to a point susan. In Scotland you would need to ask a memebr yourself to join and If you passed the board of enquiry you would then go before a ballot, you would need 3 blacks balls to not go on any further. The womans equivolent order is  The Order of the Eastern Star.
We would take your standing in the community into account but not your bank balance.