Author Topic: Witham Message Log?  (Read 6344 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Witham Message Log?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:AM »
" Aged " ,meaning that voice must have been distinguishable from that of a young person. Which does prove that Ralph rang the police. The " aged " is an important factor.!

Offline Bridget

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 08:45:AM »
" Aged " ,meaning that voice must have been distinguishable from that of a young person. Which does prove that Ralph rang the police. The " aged " is an important factor.!

It's clearly someone's version of what Jeremy told police in his call to PC West.

It's timed at 6.07am and mentions a 2nd firearms team, maybe it's to do with the request for more officers made after they saw the layout of the house.
....just cos I eat worms...

Offline lookout

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 09:23:AM »
It's clearly someone's version of what Jeremy told police in his call to PC West.

It's timed at 6.07am and mentions a 2nd firearms team, maybe it's to do with the request for more officers made after they saw the layout of the house.

Hi Bridget,that's another bone of contention with me,,,the firearms team. I'm assuming it was the same arrangement back then,as it is now,in that the firearms team are a last resort if the police are 100% sure that someone is armed ( alive ) inside a property.
The team aren't sent unless it's absolutely necessary.
 1) Did the police know for certain that there was someone armed and dangerous.?
 2) Was their fear such that they felt they had to call the team in,,and if so, and there was no danger at all,then their act of " jumping the gun " doesn't exactly bode well with their investigative skills for the rest of the case.

I know what I mean,even if nobody else does.

Offline Bridget

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 09:27:AM »
Hi Bridget,that's another bone of contention with me,,,the firearms team. I'm assuming it was the same arrangement back then,as it is now,in that the firearms team are a last resort if the police are 100% sure that someone is armed ( alive ) inside a property.
The team aren't sent unless it's absolutely necessary.
 1) Did the police know for certain that there was someone armed and dangerous.?
 2) Was their fear such that they felt they had to call the team in,,and if so, and there was no danger at all,then their act of " jumping the gun " doesn't exactly bode well with their investigative skills for the rest of the case.

I know what I mean,even if nobody else does.

I disagree that the practice either then or now to only call in a firearms team if they are 100% sure that someone is alive and armed. They'll call them in if there is reason to suspect that there is such a person. Were they 100% sure there was a lion in Clacton?
....just cos I eat worms...

Offline susan

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 09:32:AM »
Morning Bridget  how are you today.  I was quite worried when I heard about the lion in Essex so glad he did not have you for dinner :) ;) ;)

Offline lookout

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 09:35:AM »
I disagree that the practice either then or now to only call in a firearms team if they are 100% sure that someone is alive and armed. They'll call them in if there is reason to suspect that there is such a person. Were they 100% sure there was a lion in Clacton?

Hahahaha,Bridget. This is what I was trying to explain about the unnecessary deployment of the firearms team. Methinks some of the force need re-training and learn not to panic.

-Harters-

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 09:55:AM »

Yeah that's a good point, I'd ignored the 6:07 and was only concentrating on the 3:26.  :-[

The 'sender', is noted as the information Room, which I would really expect to be where Bonnet was stationed and not where PC West was stationed.

We can cross reference this with the logs from Bonnet and West.

Relevant page of the Information Rooms log (where Bonnett was located):

Relevant page of PC Wests log:

EDIT:
The rest of the above log pages can be viewed in this thread: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,732.0.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:57:AM by -The Jam- »

guest154

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 02:37:PM »
I don't know if the first word is AGED. DAD  Or someone writing short hand "Alleged Dad."

-Harters-

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 02:43:PM »
I don't know if the first word is AGED. DAD  Or someone writing short hand "Alleged Dad."

Yeah, 'Aged' doesn't really make sense grammatically, I'm probably wrong on that one.

elphick

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:PM »
Yeah, 'Aged' doesn't really make sense grammatically, I'm probably wrong on that one.

I think its Aged as in 'A Jed' dad meaning elderly. Think of the charity that used to be called 'help the aged'
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:35:PM by elphick »

-Harters-

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 05:41:PM »
I think its Aged as in 'A Jed' dad meaning elderly. Think of the charity that used to be called 'help the aged'

That is how I was reading it as well. It could be, it just seems a strange word to use.  :-\

elphick

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 05:44:PM »
That is how I was reading it as well. It could be, it just seems a strange word to use.  :-\

It would probably sit better as 'aged father' since 'aged dad' doesn't sound right. Oh well.

Offline Jane

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:PM »

Age-ed is an archaic word along the same lines as belove-ed. Both are still a regular part of my vocabulary. Will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Offline boheme

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 09:27:AM »
Reading line at 0542 - 'additional radios and equipment required' maybe that was why they did not go in earlier...