Author Topic: starryian  (Read 32182 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: starryian
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2012, 09:42:PM »
Why not? We all do that with the government all the time. What is the difference? I am not a back seat moderator as Roach suggests. Neither do I desire to be one. I apologise to Roach for my offensive words to him. I was extremely angry. But I am quite possibly the oldest person on the forum, a long standing member as well and I think that age deserves respect as it always used to in this country, don't you? Again I apologise for my outbursts. But I am really surprised at some of the things that are happening on the forum. We have lost some excellent posters on the forum and it was not my doing. It was as a direct result of John Lamberton and his phobia about Jeremy Bamber. Unfortunately he has dragged others along with him.
But I accept what you say ngb. In future I will email or pm my concerns. But I am not interested in being a moderator. Let me make that clear.

The problem we have had is that these pests are relentless.  As soon as they are binned, they re-register in different guises.  There has been a discussion about this issue yesterday and we will adjust our approach on this.  I am always happy for members to pm me with concerns or suggestions.  We've not wanted to shoot from the hip with bans.  But it's reached the stage where any suggestion that we are trying to silence opinions from the other side of the fence is just ridiculous.  There's no credence in it. so I may have to take Grahame's former line 'No more. Mr. Nice Guy'  ;)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:PM »

Care to expand on that comment, maggie?
Theres nothing to expand on Andrea I was just telling as it was. You didn't say anythi.g to Mike but you were posting a bit to Rhodes and Moe and Eric and they were being heavy with Mike....thats all. I was just describing what I saw. Wasnt really commenting on you but that was the situation that I saw. There was no one else posting.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:01:PM by maggie »

Offline andrea

« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:PM »
Why bring my name into it maggie? I didnt say anything as you said, so why?

Your first posts to me on here were quite rude, you said that you looked more like me than i do, i just feel that youre having a dig thats all.
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35:PM »
Why bring my name into it maggie? I didnt say anything as you said, so why?

Your first posts to me on here were quite rude, you said that you looked more like me than i do, i just feel that youre having a dig thats all.
No I was just telling it like it was. I was saying that there was only the three...Rhodes, Moe and Eric...all leaning on Mike (who I am well aware can look after himself) and you were there too just that. If it was the day before I went on my hols it was probably because I had taken my first does of anti anxiety tabs for flying. They can make me talk rubbish .Sorry if I was rude.

mertol22

« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:PM »
Maybe not Moe and that would have been ok. Until you made sarky remarks about me about what the other forum thought about me. You then accepted those accusations from that other forum as true without trying even to find out if they were true.
This of course indicated to me that your mind was predisposed into thinking untrue things about me even when I informed you that I was defending my daughter. I couldn't give a monkeys what they say about me. But my family I will defend.
Now that you have been informed not only by me, but by others on the forum. The ones who count and have their heads screwed on right, I am willing to let bygones be bygones on the condition that you make no more goading remarks like the ones that you have done.
I accept that you did it in ignorance and for that reason I am willing to let it go. I also will refrain from any derogatory remarks against yourself.

note: Lamberton and Bennett I will not let off. They have a lifetime ban here and if the moderators know who they are, then I can only think it fair that they also lift the ban on Jackie Preece.
As much as i dont like it grahame i dont think jackie is coming back, her guts and feisty  debate style has gone and i  the forum lost that, as to guilty posters coming back i often wonder why, given their crystal clear view that jeremy is guilty im at a loss, some guilty posters are ok, the truth is mike can take a couple of his greenhouse windows broken because no one can say mike is not fair a unique forum allowing debate for and against , this is one forum where you dont have a pistol pointing at your temple if you dont tow the line , and for that i think mike dererves high credit .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:40:PM by mertol22 »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:PM »
As much as i dont like it grahame i dont think jackie is coming back, her guts and feisty  debate style has gone and i  the forum lost that, as to guilty posters coming back i often wonder why, given their crystal clear view that jeremy is guilty im at a loss, some guilty posters are ok, the truth is mike can take a couple of his greenhouse windows broken because no one can say mike is not fair a unique forum allowing debate for and against , this is one forum where you dont have a pistol pointing at your temple if you dont tow the line , and for that i think mike dererves high credit .
Im not so sure Mertol. Jackie doesn't give up that easily....oneday when you're not expecting it she could just turn up. :o

mertol22

« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49:PM »
Im not so sure Mertol. Jackie doesn't give up that easily....oneday when you're not expecting it she could just turn up. :o
hi maggie i would welcome jackie back now , the forum missed a valuable lesson, to supress or control debate can sometimes backfire, nothing said on the forum will release jeremy law will not us, we are supposed to live in a free society in general, i view i dont share .

Offline grahameb

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2012, 09:50:AM »
The problem we have had is that these pests are relentless.  As soon as they are binned, they re-register in different guises.  There has been a discussion about this issue yesterday and we will adjust our approach on this.  I am always happy for members to pm me with concerns or suggestions.  We've not wanted to shoot from the hip with bans.  But it's reached the stage where any suggestion that we are trying to silence opinions from the other side of the fence is just ridiculous.  There's no credence in it. so I may have to take Grahame's former line 'No more. Mr. Nice Guy'  ;)
I know I've sent you a pm Roch. But I feel this needs to be made public as I publicly humiliated you.
I apologise for my unfortunate behaviour and that I appeared to be a backseat moderator. It is a very difficult thing to do to moderate a forum and I think you do it admirably. Both you and ngb are honourable men and are just trying to be fair in your judgment. This I know from painful experience is like walking on a knife edge. I will in future express my concerns in pm's rather than on open forum.

Offline susan

« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2012, 09:52:AM »
Grahame  very well put ngb and Roch are the tops and indeed so are you. :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2012, 10:04:AM »
Thanks Susan... and Grahame, it's ok... we will move on  :)  Must have lost me thick skin yesterday.  I'm sure there'll be more cause for debate around the corner... there usually is.  And like I say I will take on board concerns, suggestions and advice, as I know ngb will also.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2012, 03:51:PM »
Thanks Susan... and Grahame, it's ok... we will move on  :)  Must have lost me thick skin yesterday.  I'm sure there'll be more cause for debate around the corner... there usually is.  And like I say I will take on board concerns, suggestions and advice, as I know ngb will also.

Yes I will.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2012, 09:06:PM »
Theres nothing to expand on Andrea I was just telling as it was. You didn't say anythi.g to Mike but you were posting a bit to Rhodes and Moe and Eric and they were being heavy with Mike....thats all. I was just describing what I saw. Wasnt really commenting on you but that was the situation that I saw. There was no one else posting.

I think Eric is ok. 

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:PM »
I have been reading posts from someone called starryian on the lamberton forum.Who is this twerp?
He is a jumped-up lecturing know-it-all that clearly knows - well nothing.
He regards himself as such an expert on psychopaths that Im starting to wonder if he is actually one himself,for if he were an expert,he would not keep stating as fact that Jeremy Bamber is one.
Bamber has undergone numerous tests that have determined that he is NOT a psychopath.You can bet your bottom dollar that if the tests had proved otherwise,it would have somehow been leaked to the media.Starryian needs to realise that not every murderer,innocent or guilty,is a psychopath.Who can forget Ian Huntley when he denied the murders of poor Holly and Jessica.He tried to fool the authorities that he was insane,but after assessment at Rampton,he was found to be faking it?These experts are competent at their jobs and they have concluded that Jeremy Bamber is NOT a psychopath.But starryian - well this amateur twerp knows best  ::)

starryian is a teacher from Portsmouth currently living in Vietnam.

he wrked in the british internathionol school hanoi but no longer does.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:41:PM by nugnug »