Author Topic: Hide & Seek Anyone?  (Read 7544 times)

-Harters-

Hide & Seek Anyone?
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:13:PM »
It's all gone a bit cloak and dagger lately.  ;D

I know I've hidden myself on occasion, mainly in an attempt to try and stop being called out every time I logged on, by someone wanting to beat me about the head.  >:(

Just out of curiosity, why do other people keep themselves hidden on the forum, there are five or six hidden members at the moment?

(Also mods, is there something wrong with adding attachments? I get an error message saying that there is not enough room on the server.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:13:PM by -ComeOnEngland- »

Offline Bridget

• Veteran Member
Re: Hide & Seek Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:17:PM »
It's all gone a bit cloak and dagger lately.  ;D

I know I've hidden myself on occasion, mainly in an attempt to try and stop being called out every time I logged on, by someone wanting to beat me about the head.  >:(

Just out of curiosity, why do other people keep themselves hidden on the forum, there are five or six hidden members at the moment?

(Also mods, is there something wrong with adding attachments? I get an error message saying that there is not enough room on the server.)

I'm one of the hidden ones, and I do it partly for the same reason. Also I like to sneak up on Patti when she's least expecting it. Oh and sometimes I like to research old threads she might not know about and when I'm hidden she doesn't know what I'm looking at. Oops - I've given away my tactical secrets now...
....just cos I eat worms...

-Harters-

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:21:PM »
I'm one of the hidden ones, and I do it partly for the same reason. Also I like to sneak up on Patti when she's least expecting it. Oh and sometimes I like to research old threads she might not know about and when I'm hidden she doesn't know what I'm looking at. Oops - I've given away my tactical secrets now...

Haha, yes I did the same when searching out documents posted a long time back. "Do your own searches I say"  ;D

I was going to keep that to myself though.  ;D

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:58:PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2870.0.html

Hartley, please read this thread  ::)

-Harters-

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2870.0.html

Hartley, please read this thread  ::)

Okay, that answers that then. Thanks.  :)

Offline JackiePreece

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:08:PM »
Hartley if you are hidden you can watch all the pm s go backwards and forwards, some people are more interested in talking about people behind their backs than discussing the case
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

-Harters-

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:12:PM »
Hartley if you are hidden you can watch all the pm s go backwards and forwards, some people are more interested in talking about people behind their backs than discussing the case

The nature of the beast I'm afraid, although to be fair I don't see anything wrong with people exchanging PM's.

elphick

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:PM »
The nature of the beast I'm afraid, although to be fair I don't see anything wrong with people exchanging PM's.

Sounds tempting, how do i do it?

-Harters-

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 05:24:PM »
Sounds tempting, how do i do it?

You know we're not talking about world leaders here don't you?  ;D

-Harters-

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:PM »
Click on 'Profile' at the top of the screen, then hover over 'Modify Profile' and click 'Account Settings', then remove the tick from 'Show others my online status'.

Then you will be hidden and won't show up as being online to other members, or appear in the who is online list.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 06:23:PM »

I am watching you Bridget, with my third eye!!!  ;)  I know you are about, I can sense your going to pounce on me at any moment... :'( :'( :'(

And, I have had a bad day   :(

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 06:28:PM »
Click on 'Profile' at the top of the screen, then hover over 'Modify Profile' and click 'Account Settings', then remove the tick from 'Show others my online status'.

Then you will be hidden and won't show up as being online to other members, or appear in the who is online list.

But as soon as you post, you will be sussed as having had your profile hidden.  And even if you add your tick again before posting, you might still be sussed as the person who was hidden... because there will be one less hidden person.

-Harters-

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 06:35:PM »
But as soon as you post, you will be sussed as having had your profile hidden.  And even if you add your tick again before posting, you might still be sussed as the person who was hidden... because there will be one less hidden person.

Yes, but I'm sure it's not a hanging offence.  ;)

Offline susan

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:39:PM »
Hi Roch  what is the benefit of hiding does not make any sense to me it is a forum not the Masons or Secret Service :) ;)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:PM »
Yes, but I'm sure it's not a hanging offence.  ;)

Hi Roch  what is the benefit of hiding does not make any sense to me it is a forum not the Masons or Secret Service.

I'm sure it's the preferred method of MI5 and the CRCC  8)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:46:PM by Roch »