Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Alwills

Hello
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:40:PM »
I'm from the same area as Jeremy, and roughly the same age too. Although I don't know him personally I know quite a few people who do. I've always felt uneasy about his conviction. Furthermore I was arrested by Witham police in December 1985 and remember seeing all of the 'Bamber stuff' as the policeman put it, piled up like rubbish in a cell in Witham Police Station.

I also have first hand experience of being 'fitted up' by Essex Police which led me to be jailed for 8 months in 2000. During my time in custody I met a couple of lifers who had met Jeremy and they told me that they believed he was innocent. They had met prisoners who were 'swinging the lead' but knew an innocent man when they saw one.

Offline Bridget

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 03:44:PM »
I'm from the same area as Jeremy, and roughly the same age too. Although I don't know him personally I know quite a few people who do. I've always felt uneasy about his conviction. Furthermore I was arrested by Witham police in December 1985 and remember seeing all of the 'Bamber stuff' as the policeman put it, piled up like rubbish in a cell in Witham Police Station.

I also have first hand experience of being 'fitted up' by Essex Police which led me to be jailed for 8 months in 2000. During my time in custody I met a couple of lifers who had met Jeremy and they told me that they believed he was innocent. They had met prisoners who were 'swinging the lead' but knew an innocent man when they saw one.

Welcome to you alwills, look forward to hearing your views :)
....just cos I eat worms...

Offline susan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:48:PM »
Welcome Alwills  if you are new to the forum certainly new to me.  I always feel to a certain extent it is possible by knowing somebody to decide whether you think a person is guilty or innocent.  I don,t know Jeremy but just have a gut feeling he was "fitted up"  Sorry to hear about your incident but at least you have not been there for 27 years.  Thank you for sharing your experience it is horrifying to hear how all the documents relating to Jeremy,s cases were thrown in a cell like a load of rubbish.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 04:05:PM »

There are some days when I find the notion of him being involved as 'far fetched'.  My views on his culpability are fluid but not because I see any real evidence against him.  It's more to with the depth of other people's concerns and a difficulty in comprehending how it would actually be possible to cover up Sheila having been alive prior to the raid.  There should be a leak somewhere, either civilian or police.  I find it interesting that the prison community seems divided on his guilt / innocence.  There is something about this case that divides people, in a manner not necessarily connected to the case itself.  This has been touched upon by other posters.

Offline Alwills

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 04:08:PM »
Hello

Yes, I am new to the forum. A friend of mine brought it to my attention via Facebook. Having spent just a few hundred days in custody after being 'stitched up' by Essex Police was bad enough, I dread to think of the utter hell that Jeremy is and has experienced.

Offline susan

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:PM »
rochford  I think Jeremy was is own worst enemy before the Trial and during.  He seemed to be over confident and acted rather silly in my opinion I think he was very naive and I can,t really use the word stupid I don,t think he was, he seemed to be so convinced that Sheila had carried out the murders and did not think for one moment think he would ever have been a suspect and just assumed it was an open and shut case.  Had he carried out the murders he would have taken the keys from the police not past them to Ann Eaton and he would have gone over the place with a fine tooth comb to make sure no evidence to link him to the crimes.  None of it makes sense for him to have committed the murders.  No forensic evidence was found to link him to the crimes and if you are planning to murder all your family you don,t confide in your current girl friend then dump her unless of course he thought he was untouchable.  I don,t think so  So much has gone on over different photo,s bodies moved different bullets destroyed evidence and if Jeremy had committed these horrendous shootings he could have had the jury eating out of his hands with his good angelic looks but I don,t think he had any cunning in him plus I don,t think he is a murderer.  He was not a tough guy more bothered about how he looked than anything else and he did show emotion outside the farm on the dreadful night he broke down and was sick according to what I read.  If Jeremy Bamber told me he had committed the murders I would find it difficult to believe.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 05:10:PM »
Welcome Alwills :)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 06:05:PM »

Welcome to the forum Alwills.

Offline Nuala

• I am not a number
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 04:01:PM »

Welcome to the forum, alwills, and thank you for your interesting introduction. I look forward to hearing more from you.