Author Topic: DISRUPTION OF THE FORUM  (Read 9308 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
DISRUPTION OF THE FORUM
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:21:PM »
I Will instantly Ban anyone who comes to the forum intending to be disruptive, etc...

I welcome anyone who wants to express a point of view, and who is willing to debate the views and theories of others, no matter which side of the fence they sit on, but if it becomes apparent that someone is only out to disrupt the smooth running of the forum I will not hesitate to impose an instant ban. I also expect my Moderators to take similar action (when on duty) in my absence...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:17:PM by ngb1066 »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Re: DISRUPTION OF THE FORUM
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:25:PM »
As from this moment in time, I authorize my Moderators to remove any insulting comments made by myself in response to any posts from other members - I will leave it to their discretion, we should all proceed and have respect for one anothers point of view...

Offline grahameb

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:23:PM »
As from this moment in time, I authorize my Moderators to remove any insulting comments made by myself in response to any posts from other members - I will leave it to their discretion, we should all proceed and have respect for one anothers point of view...
Sorry Mike. I've been away today. It looks as if you've had trouble in my absence?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:PM »
I Will instantly Ban anyone who comes to the forum intending to be disruptive, etc...

I welcome anyone who wants to express a point of view, and who is willing to debate the views and theories of others, no matter which side of the fence they sit on, but if it becomes apparent that someone is only out to disrupt the smooth running of the forum I will not hesitate to impose an instant ban. I also expect my Moderators to take similar action (when on duty) in my absence...

Mike  - Unfortunately I was offline from 6.00 pm yesterday so was not available to deal with the problems yesterday evening.  I am sorry it was left to you to deal with the attack but I am pleased you did so effectively.  I will not hesitate to take action in line with the remit you have given us. 

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:PM »

It is now possible to report a Personal Message to the moderators, in the same way as a post can be reported.  If any member receives an offensive or threatening PM, please report it using this facilty.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 03:02:PM »
Hi all. 

The forum has become very problematic due to disagreements, bickering and attacks.  The forum may be entering a new phase.  Can I please urge members not to engage in any further similar disagreements.  This request is also extended to attacks on here that are aimed at members from the other 'red' forum.  However justified some members may feel regarding such attacks, the admin / moderators are urging that members refrain from engaging in such attacks... and instead return to case related posting.

Your cooperation in complying with these requests will be both appreciated and helpful.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:PM »
'Myth-busters R Us'

Just to be clear, there is no restriction on who can or cannot be banned from this forum.  There never has been.  Sorry to be a myth-buster for those who are inclined to believe there ever was and keep piping on about it.  There are currently three members of the forum who have the ability to ban, either temporarily or permenantly.  The forum owner, the admin and my self as global mod.  If i was to ban a member for reasons that I felt where justifiable, I would have the complete backing of both the admin and forum owner.  I have not been around as much recently but will now be checking posts carefully to see what has been happening of late. 

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 11:28:AM »
The accusations that long term members of this forum are 'John Lamberton' in disguise are unfounded and definitely mistaken.  We need to put an end to such accusations.  Yes of course, ex members do access this forum under various user-names at times.  But these people are not long term regular members.  Petey is a valued long term member of this forum.  In particular, the accusations towards Petey need to be ended.  Once again, cooperation in this is appreciated.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 12:24:PM »
The 'romance' thread has been removed as requested.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54:AM »
Anyone found to be trying to intimidate the Owner, or any person carrying out duties in the capacity of Global Moderator and Moderator, will be banned from the forum for life. Anyone trying to bring the good name of the forum into disrepute, by involving the police in personal squabbles between themselves and other members are not welcome on the forum. Take your disputes elsewhere, sort them out between yourselves by use of private emails not linked to the forum. Anyone found to be misusing the purpose for which I originally set up the forum, namely, by setting up a thread to promote a MOJ, which turns out not to be one, will have no right to demand that the original thread has to be removed, but rather, the original thread and its contents shall remain on the forum as an historical record so that interested parties may refer to the original content. If anyone is not happy with this, leave now, and stop trying to cause unnecessary problems to the forum, and those who are running it, and trying to manage it.

Mike Tesko...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:17:PM »
Well said.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 06:16:AM »
We shall look forward to being contacted by the police regarding any matter on the forum, at which time we will be seeking to place a complaint regarding the recent hacking of the site, designed by those responsible to cause mayhem, prevent the site from operating and functioning. It seems to me, that in light of recent events, there could be a connection between what is happening now, and what took place then. It seems that we have amongst us, certain members who are deliberately trying to obstruct the very purpose for which this forum has been set up, by obtaining information from the sites data base, copying and saving material so that they can then try to damage the good name and purpose of the site, through trying to involve the owner and those others who perform moderation duties to the site, in personal squabbles which are personal matters between one complaining member, and another, or vice versa. Why don't these warring members use facebook, or twitter, to direct their abuse at one another? Why us...

I shall be asking the police to investigate the recent hacking of the forum, with a view to linking such criminal activity to the present intimidation being directed at us, since it appears to me that both matters seem to be aimed at interfering with the smooth running and purpose of the forum...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 06:38:PM »
I have been observing the activity of some target members involved in the recent matters, and others, and I have stumbled upon a ploy being adopted by one or more of them, whereby they end up in possession of post contents which have only temporarily been posted on the site, copied by use of a screen capture, and then they have been removing the original posts themselves, claiming that a moderator or someone else has either edited it, or removed it completely without explanation - thus leading to false allegations being levelled at staff responsible for the safe running and upkeep of the forum site. In some instances, it may even have been possible for these criminal types, to submit posts under someone else's ID, using the same technique outlined where culprits have been directing abuse at themselves using another persons identity...

This may have been happening, systematically, with the original posted content copied by use of screen capture, then removed from the forum before any moderator had chance or opportunity to censor it. Some people are then using this material to make false allegations about other members, and forum staff. It is important that when the police look into these matters, that they have all the information to hand so that the truth becomes known to everyone. No stone will be left unturned in pursuit of trying to protect the good name of the forum, and its staff...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:21:PM by mike tesko »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 11:24:AM »
I'm not sure what he means about 'observing'.  But if a member removes their own post, I think there is no record of that removal anywhere.  He seems to be indicating that two or more members are working in tandem to to take screen shots of posts that are posted and then removed by one of the same?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 09:41:PM »
Some members have had access to passwords of others, and have been editing posts made by these members, to include abusive comments, reposting the edited posts altered by them, copied using a screen capture, before being deleted...

Hope you understand this explanation...