Author Topic: DC 1470  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
Re: DC 1470
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:PM »
It's quite likely that it's the same person, yes.

There's also this 1993 Monty jets off to Australia article (on page 10): Chelmsford Traffic Inspector "Monty" Montgomery is clocking up a few miles following his retirement at the end of last month. He jetted off with his wife on September 15 to spend six months in Australia, visiting Malaya and Borneo en route, the latter for a three day trek by canoe followed by three days hunting in the jungle. Former colleagues from traffic and firearms joined Monty for a function at Lawn Lane community centre in Chelmsford to mark his retirement after 30 years' service. Insp Montgomery served for 17 years as a firearms officer, at Pc, Sergeant and Inspector level. He was firearms commander at the White House Farm massacre, where Jeremy Bamber had murdered five members of his family. He also directed the firearms observations following two armed raids at Frinton which led to the shooting of Pc Bill Bishop in 1984, and was operationally involved in the Ramsey siege in 1979 which resulted in an armed youth, Paul Howe, being shot by the police. During his service he carried out a firearms study in Australia, and attended an FBI course in America.

Another item: When Dc Steve Myall joined Essex Police over 30 years ago little did he realise that he would be involved in one of the most notorious cases in our history. Steve was one of the first officers at White House Farm, Tolleshunt D'Arcy after the murder of five members of one family. Much later in his career, he volunteered to go to Rwanda to investigate the mass genocide. Expecting to stay a few months he ended up there for over three years, a sacrifice for a home-loving man. Steve is not retiring completely, he has joined the MOD Police.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:14:PM by Reader »

Offline Janet (Formerly known as Takeshi)

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 12:13:PM »
Thanks for posting reader.....very interesting. I want to get a better picture of the main/crucial officers involved in the case and what happened to them afterwards. This is great stuff!

The article on the career and retirement of DCC Peter Simpson is a good find too!

I wonder if the Chief Supt Julia Jeapes mentioned in this article http://www.essex.police.uk/museum/thelaw/n_0402lw.pdf is the same Julia Jeapes who said she saw a rifle at the window at WHF?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:51:PM by Janet (Formerly known as Takeshi) »

Offline campion

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 01:25:PM »
     Reader, As you are accomplished at this type of research, The Law issue that mentions Hammersley
 and Miller also had an article and picture about an Andy Hayman. This is moving away from the topic
 a bit, but what I wondered was, was he the same person who worked for the Met and was interviewed
 by the commons select committee about phone hacking at the News of the World ?     

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 08:21:PM »
The same Julia Jeapes, as this edition of The Law (page 8 article on her "retirement") shows.

The same Andy Hayman also, as everything matches, including the photograph (allowing for age).

Regarding Peter Simpson, who died in September 2008, "Peter was a man who loved his singing, and will be remembered not only for compering our concerts but for the short comical songs that he used to burst into during his introductions. He will indeed be a hard act to follow." Also see this article (page 5).

Offline campion

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39:AM »
        Reader, I can't remember what issue of The Law I saw it in, one of them has a piece about
   Delgado as a community officer in the Maldon/Southminster district.   

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 06:14:PM »
Do you recall anything else that the article mentioned? Could it have been another officer? There is a photograph of Pc  Delgado in the issue I linked to regarding Inspector Montgomery.

Offline campion

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:PM »
     Not much other than a photo of two police officers with some members of the public   

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 09:58:AM »
Did you check the photo I mentioned above? The accompanying text mentions Maldon and Southminster.

Offline campion

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 04:54:PM »
     Reader, just this minute checked the link, yes it is the one, brilliant