Author Topic: A Big Hello To Everyone!!!  (Read 10674 times)

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
A Big Hello To Everyone!!!
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:15:PM »
My name is Gillian and I was thirteen years old when this terrible tragedy occurred. 

I remember the enormous media coverage in the aftermath of this tragedy, the heartbreaking pictures of Jeremy Bamber standing at the graveside mourning for his loved ones and the subsequent media coverage of the trial in which he was convicted.

Initially, like many others, I thought that Sheila Caffell was ultimately responsible for this horrendous crime but following the subsequent findings by family members and the police which led to the trial and conviction of Jeremy Bamber, my opinion began to change.  I had, after all, been brought up to believe that doctors, nurses, police officers and the like should be respected and whatever they said was true and should never be questioned.  I therefore decided that Jeremy Bamber must be guilty because that is what the police had said.  There was however still a part of me, which I cannot explain, that still thought Sheila Caffell was responsible.

I have kept a continued interest in this case but never more so since the discovery of recent photographs and documents which I now believe prove that Jeremy Bamber is innocent.  I only hope that his forthcoming appeal to the CCRC is successful and that he is given the freedom that was so cruelly taken away from him 26 years ago.  I also hope that those responsible for providing the 'evidence' which lead to his conviction are brought to account and given the punishment that they deserve. 

I would like to finish by informing everyone on this forum that I will respect their comments whether they believe Jeremy Bamber is guilty or innocent and will only hope that everyone respects mine.  We are, after all, entitled to our opinion and this is something that none of us should never forget.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: A Big Hello To Everyone!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:18:PM »
hello gillian welcome to the forum

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:PM »

Welcome to the forum Gillian and thank you for explaining your interest in the case.  We look forward to reading your posts.

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:PM »
Thank you nugnug.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:21:PM »
Welcome Gillian. We look forward to your posts.

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:22:PM »
Thank you ngb1066

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23:PM »
Thank you Grahame.

Newbury1

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 04:24:PM »
Welcome from me too!

Buddy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 04:30:PM »
My name is Gillian and I was thirteen years old when this terrible tragedy occurred. 

I remember the enormous media coverage in the aftermath of this tragedy, the heartbreaking pictures of Jeremy Bamber standing at the graveside mourning for his loved ones and the subsequent media coverage of the trial in which he was convicted.

Initially, like many others, I thought that Sheila Caffell was ultimately responsible for this horrendous crime but following the subsequent findings by family members and the police which led to the trial and conviction of Jeremy Bamber, my opinion began to change.  I had, after all, been brought up to believe that doctors, nurses, police officers and the like should be respected and whatever they said was true and should never be questioned.  I therefore decided that Jeremy Bamber must be guilty because that is what the police had said.  There was however still a part of me, which I cannot explain, that still thought Sheila Caffell was responsible.

I have kept a continued interest in this case but never more so since the discovery of recent photographs and documents which I now believe prove that Jeremy Bamber is innocent.  I only hope that his forthcoming appeal to the CCRC is successful and that he is given the freedom that was so cruelly taken away from him 26 years ago.  I also hope that those responsible for providing the 'evidence' which lead to his conviction are brought to account and given the punishment that they deserve. 

I would like to finish by informing everyone on this forum that I will respect their comments whether they believe Jeremy Bamber is guilty or innocent and will only hope that everyone respects mine.  We are, after all, entitled to our opinion and this is something that none of us should never forget.
Welcome to the forum Gillian.I hope you have a pleasant time with us. You can rest assured that the mods will look after you. I am a snarling Grr, person.

Newbury1

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 04:35:PM »
Welcome to the forum Gillian.I hope you have a pleasant time with us. You can rest assured that the mods will look after you. I am a snarling Grr, person.

Bark worse than the bite!

Buddy

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:PM »
Bark worse than the bite!
Bugger :)

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 07:47:PM »
Thank you Nick and Buddy.

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:PM »
Grahame - Forgot to mention earlier that you have very good taste when it comes to choosing photos.  Jason Statham is my favourite actor.  Extremely talented and very hot!

Offline Blodwynflower

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 08:07:PM »
Welcome to the forum Gillian, hope you enjoy your stay!
".....when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Gillian

• ROCHY INDEX 1
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:PM »
Thank you Blodwynflower.