Author Topic: 'Shredded' Police Murder Trial Files Found  (Read 1581 times)

Newbury1

'Shredded' Police Murder Trial Files Found
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:01:PM »
SKY News 27 January 2012 - A review into the collapse of a major trial into police corruption has been ordered by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

It has emerged that key files relating to the murder of prostitute Lynette White in 1988 which were thought to have been destroyed, have been discovered.

In December last year, eight former officers walked free from court after hearing that top cold case detective Chief Superintendent Chris Coutts had ordered the destruction of the papers.

Ten people in total were on trial accused of fabricating a case which led to the wrongful jailing of three men for the 1988 murder of Miss White.

All 10 were formally found not guilty after judge Mr Justice Sweeney discharged a Swansea Crown Court jury, telling them the accused could not get a fair trial.

Unbelievable - it could only be a matter of time for JB

Offline grahameb

Re: 'Shredded' Police Murder Trial Files Found
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:26:PM »
SKY News 27 January 2012 - A review into the collapse of a major trial into police corruption has been ordered by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

It has emerged that key files relating to the murder of prostitute Lynette White in 1988 which were thought to have been destroyed, have been discovered.

In December last year, eight former officers walked free from court after hearing that top cold case detective Chief Superintendent Chris Coutts had ordered the destruction of the papers.

Ten people in total were on trial accused of fabricating a case which led to the wrongful jailing of three men for the 1988 murder of Miss White.

All 10 were formally found not guilty after judge Mr Justice Sweeney discharged a Swansea Crown Court jury, telling them the accused could not get a fair trial.

Unbelievable - it could only be a matter of time for JB
Yes I read that as well and was going to post it. But other business overtook me. And some can't believe that a whole police force could be fooled by a cover up within their own ranks. Yes several police officers were involved in this thing. Why are some surprised when we tell them that the Bamber case is a big police cover up? The higher the rank the bigger the cover up. This case involved files that were thought to have been shredded as well. Surprise surprise. Doesn't that cast suspicion on those Bamber files that were shredded in the 90's?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:31:PM »
Yes I read that as well and was going to post it. But other business overtook me. And some can't believe that a whole police force could be fooled by a cover up within their own ranks. Yes several police officers were involved in this thing. Why are some surprised when we tell them that the Bamber case is a big police cover up? The higher the rank the bigger the cover up. This case involved files that were thought to have been shredded as well. Surprise surprise. Doesn't that cast suspicion on those Bamber files that were shredded in the 90's?

Yes it does.  I believe that a lot of evidence in this case has been destroyed, and not by accident.

Newbury1

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:01:PM »
Yes it does.  I believe that a lot of evidence in this case has been destroyed, and not by accident.

I agree. We know that some evidence has been destroyed (e.g. the bullets in 1996) even with the alleged MOJ ongoing, and I believe other stuff has disappeared (photo's/ negatives /recordings (taped over) / etc.).

This makes me very suspicious of the activities of EP on that fateful night and since!