Author Topic: David Bain  (Read 18270 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: David Bain
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 08:50:PM »
They were marks from when Robin had fixed the guttering over the weekend. It's ridiculous to suggest Robin killed his family leaving no forensic traces,changed out of bloodied socks,typed a suicide note on the computer then shot himself whilst sparing David,when Arawa was following the same career path as himself and he worked hard to provide for the family.

Is that your opinion Steve, because those makes mirror the rifle not the guttering...Is there any forensic evidence that those marks do mirror some parts of the guttering?

I honestly don't know enough about the case...its one of those cases that one can't solve categoricially so hence comes the theories and the discussion... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jane

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 08:51:PM »
They were marks from when Robin had fixed the guttering over the weekend. It's ridiculous to suggest Robin killed his family leaving no forensic traces,changed out of bloodied socks,typed a suicide note on the computer then shot himself whilst sparing David,when Arawa was following the same career path as himself and he worked hard to provide for the family.

Was there not something said regarding the father sexually abusing one of the children?

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 11:43:PM »
I have to admit that I am with Steve on this one! I do believe Bain is guilty and there was a fair amount of forensic evidence to prove it. If I remember rightly,the police made mistakes in the investigation,which ultimately allowed Bain to walk free.

Online handyman

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:AM »

Was there not something said regarding the father sexually abusing one of the children?

Yes Robin was having an incestuous relationship with his daughter whilst she was underage, it was about to be revealed, but this motive was kept from the jury.

I think I read somewhere that the family became a bit dysfunctional a few years before when they were in Papua New Guinea.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:AM »
Yes Robin was having an incestuous relationship with his daughter whilst she was underage, it was about to be revealed, but this motive was kept from the jury.

I think I read somewhere that the family became a bit dysfunctional a few years before when they were in Papua New Guinea.
Would think that was a very genuine reason to tip Robin right over the edge.  Pity he had to take the rest of the family with him, would have thought he'd already done enough damage.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:42:AM by maggie »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 12:03:PM »

You're correct on the last point,and David Bain ended up having counselling in Darwin,though the notes remain confidential. As far as Laniet was concerned she was a fantasist who claimed to have given birth to a black baby in PNG when everyone around her in the compound knew this to be a lie. I have always held the principle that people who claim abuse should be believed but this is one occasion where I don't think there was anything in it. Even if there was,this one fact on its own does not outweigh all the other evidence pointing in the direction of David Bain's guilt.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 12:37:PM »
Is that your opinion Steve, because those makes mirror the rifle not the guttering...Is there any forensic evidence that those marks do mirror some parts of the guttering?

I honestly don't know enough about the case...its one of those cases that one can't solve categoricially so hence comes the theories and the discussion... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I don't see it as "slam dunk" evidence Joe Karam claims it to be.http://davidbain.counterspin.co.nz/node/3922

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 02:13:PM »
he dosent seem bitter about the time he spent in jail.

Online handyman

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 07:18:AM »
I've always had a suspicion that David arrived home, & had a struggle with Robin, bottom line for me is that David had no motive to kill his siblings & Mother, compared to that of Robin.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 12:26:PM »
yes that was allways something that was distinctly lacking.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 04:25:PM »
Posts 38 and 39 are complete drivel and I refer you to the link on #36 to enable you to familiarize yourselves with the case.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:26:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline nugnug

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 04:28:PM »
we allready have done.

just becouse went all exept the link you are posting as the gospel truth dosent mean that we haven't researched the case.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:47:PM by nugnug »

Online handyman

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:AM »
Posts 38 and 39 are complete drivel and I refer you to the link on #36 to enable you to familiarize yourselves with the case.

The recent debate about the marks on Robin's finger hasn't really changed anything for me. When I first heard about it (the marks on Robin's finger)I thought of the relevance to any marks on Sheila Caffell.

Robin's never come across as a home handyman type, especially if your familiar with the derelict state of the family home.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 08:57:AM »
The recent debate about the marks on Robin's finger hasn't really changed anything for me. When I first heard about it (the marks on Robin's finger)I thought of the relevance to any marks on Sheila Caffell.

Robin's never come across as a home handyman type, especially if your familiar with the derelict state of the family home.

Hi Handyman :)

Did he not live in a caravan estranged from his wife?  :) :) :) :)

Online handyman

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 07:07:PM »
Yes correct, Robin lived in a caravan on the property estranged from his wife.