Author Topic: Witness statement of PC Delgado, consisting of 4 pages, dated, 7th August  (Read 24075 times)

Offline Bridget

• Veteran Member
Did the police ever mention what pages of the bible were open?

Not sure who mentioned it or when, but it was determined from the blood stains which pages it was opened at and the defence had the passages analysed. There's a thread about it somewhere!
....just cos I eat worms...

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Dr Gillingham's report on the psalms of the open pages of the bible...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5DLsf0UggyWYTJjM2RiMjgtYjRkYi00MDMxLTg4NWEtYzMyMmYzYWZhZGVh/edit?pli=1

Offline Jane

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5DLsf0UggyWYTJjM2RiMjgtYjRkYi00MDMxLTg4NWEtYzMyMmYzYWZhZGVh/edit?pli=1

IMHO, there's NO way on God's earth that Jeremy could have had ANYTHING to do with locating that particular passage. However, I can imagine that it is one very well known by June for whom it MAY have been a "signature" piece which she passed down to Sheila.

Offline Steve_uk

IMHO, there's NO way on God's earth that Jeremy could have had ANYTHING to do with locating that particular passage. However, I can imagine that it is one very well known by June for whom it MAY have been a "signature" piece which she passed down to Sheila.
..and yet the murderer pumps seven shots into June as she is sat up in bed,and hardly likely to be reading the bible with Sheila from that position. Sheila had worked through this religious zealotry,and though by no means a well woman she had come to the conclusion that God loved her. Sheila also stated in the letter to Ann Eaton that she missed the boys.

Any Christian knows that suicide is a sin,and June was sure to have expostulated against it to her children..

Offline Michaela

Whoever was reading these was obviously in great turmoil. I am going to read more about this.
http://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/texts/the-psalter/psalms51to55.aspx

Offline Jane

..and yet the murderer pumps seven shots into June as she is sat up in bed,and hardly likely to be reading the bible with Sheila from that position. Sheila had worked through this religious zealotry,and though by no means a well woman she had come to the conclusion that God loved her. Sheila also stated in the letter to Ann Eaton that she missed the boys.

Any Christian knows that suicide is a sin,and June was sure to have expostulated against it to her children..

Shall we look at that assumption a little closer, Steve. Sheila was in hospital when she wrote that somewhat zealous letter to AE. I'm not sure that she mentioned the boys but she certainly seemed energized by her relationship with God. She believed she was well enough to leave. She was hoping for a reconciliation with Colin. She must have seen her future as looking brighter than it previously had. We know she came out too soon. Who knows, maybe, had she stayed, they may well have sorted out her meds. So she left hospital with poorly balanced meds. By the time she arrived at the farm in August, hers dreams had been smashed. She wasn't well. There would be no reunion with Colin. She may have wondered if she would ever be able to escape the farm. If she went to the monestery to find God, He must not have been there for her or she couldn't find Him and ran home, terrified. Is this a woman who still believes that God loves her OR is she now thinking that God has deserted her and is punishing her because she is the Devil's child after all, which means that her children are the Devils children, too.

Was that passage some kind of instruction passed down to her, since childhood, from June. It was not coincidence that it was open at that page.

Lugg

I knew a man in Northern Ireland. Willy Mullan. A well know Calvinistic preacher at the time. Very well taught and was a Bible expositor. He phoned his friend one night and said, "Please come over". His friend went over to his immediately and found him dead by his own hand.
To this day no one knows why he took his own life. But there was a man well grounded hin the Christian faith, yet he took his own life. Anyone can get so depressed that it can drive them to such things whether they are Christians or know the Bible or not. Unfortunately although Sheila had this stuff drummed into her it was no guarantee that it would save her from suicide.

Offline Steve_uk

Shall we look at that assumption a little closer, Steve. Sheila was in hospital when she wrote that somewhat zealous letter to AE. I'm not sure that she mentioned the boys but she certainly seemed energized by her relationship with God. She believed she was well enough to leave. She was hoping for a reconciliation with Colin. She must have seen her future as looking brighter than it previously had. We know she came out too soon. Who knows, maybe, had she stayed, they may well have sorted out her meds. So she left hospital with poorly balanced meds. By the time she arrived at the farm in August, hers dreams had been smashed. She wasn't well. There would be no reunion with Colin. She may have wondered if she would ever be able to escape the farm. If she went to the monestery to find God, He must not have been there for her or she couldn't find Him and ran home, terrified. Is this a woman who still believes that God loves her OR is she now thinking that God has deserted her and is punishing her because she is the Devil's child after all, which means that her children are the Devils children, too.

Was that passage some kind of instruction passed down to her, since childhood, from June. It was not coincidence that it was open at that page.
It's strangers she finds disconcerting which is compatible with her Blood group A,whether suffering from schizophrenia or not. She did mention the twins in her letter and they were dear to her. As for the reunion with Colin,she tells Helen Grimster whom the Defence are so fond of quoting that the separation had brought them closer together.

Offline Jane

It's strangers she finds disconcerting which is compatible with her Blood group A,whether suffering from schizophrenia or not. She did mention the twins in her letter and they were dear to her. As for the reunion with Colin,she tells Helen Grimster whom the Defence are so fond of quoting that the separation had brought them closer together.

Isn't it strange that you ascribe xenophobia to Sheila's blood type yet refuse to accept that yet another trait of those with the same blood type is the ability to hold in their emotions until they explode. Having said that, I fail to see what any of this has to do with the post you were answering. See below.

Offline Steve_uk

Blood Type A's don't particularly like strangers or unfamiliarity,and it is this which I was commenting on when I mentioned Sheila's blood group. As for Colin,I have dealt with this several times in Helen Grimster’s statement where it’s clear that Colin and Sheila are on better terms since the divorce.

Offline Jane

Blood Type A's don't particularly like strangers or unfamiliarity,and it is this which I was commenting on when I mentioned Sheila's blood group. As for Colin,I have dealt with this several times in Helen Grimster’s statement where it’s clear that Colin and Sheila are on better terms since the divorce.

Yes I understand what is said about blood types but I would have thought for you it came under the heading of psychobabble :) and can you not allow that it was because they were getting on so much better since the divorce that Sheila imagined that what hat been wrong between then had been put right and could mean reconciliation.

Caroline R

Since when does blood type have ANYTHING to do with personality?

Offline Steve_uk

Since when does blood type have ANYTHING to do with personality?
I'm not sure people are particularly interested Caroline,but Blood Type O's tend to be the leaders and A's are more shy. I could hazard a guess at how your grandparents died from their blood type but we're getting off topic and as I say it wouldn't interest many.

Lugg

I'm not sure people are particularly interested Caroline,but Blood Type O's tend to be the leaders and A's are more shy. I could hazard a guess at how your grandparents died from their blood type but we're getting off topic and as I say it wouldn't interest many.
With all due respect Steve but that's quite simply bonkers. ::)

Caroline R

I don't even know what my blood group is never mind my grand parents. But I do know that this theory has no basis in fact!