Author Topic: Witness statement of PC Delgado, consisting of 4 pages, dated, 7th August  (Read 24159 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Witness statement of PC Delgado, consisting of 4 pages, dated, 7th August

Only three pages, non of them signed by him...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Although it states there are 4 pages in this statement, there are only 3 pages in this version...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:48:AM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

clifford

Although it states there are 4 pages in this statement, there are only 3 pages in this version...
Why does he say that he saw blood near the pillow area, when clearly blood was ON the pillow.

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
His description of the bed covers infers only June's side was pulled back  and Ralph's side was thus not pulled back. That would be conversant with him being a courteous double bed user , neatening it up a little when getting out of bed to visit the toilet, get up for work, deal with something or someone etc.

That contradicts the staged photographs in which the bed covers are pulled back both sides.

Evidentially it may mean 2 things;
1/ It was staged to not be set straight to allow the implication that he got out of bed after being attacked in bed when he was really attacked in the kitchen.
2/ If Sheila's body was staged on the bed as Mike claims from seeing a photograph , this was on top of the bedcover. If she was later moved onto the floor then bloodstaining on the bedcover top end area from Sheila may give the deception away ....so the covers are pulled back to cover up  this bloodstaining.  It is noted that these bedcovers were burned along with bedroom carpet etc by the police within days...permission sought for this on the day of the murder from an unwitting JB.

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
Delgado's first statement makes no mention of anyone mirroring up the main stairs and thus discovering the location of June's body. In fact he describes going up the stairs using we (presumably Collins and possibly Woodcock with him) and upon doing that June's body is then seen.

Thus doubt creeps into the later stories offerred up in which a mirror is claimed to have been used on the stairs from the bottom to the top to check things out. This would be very time consuming and very tricky due to the length of the extended poles and the angles needed on the mirror to use it to check out rooms etc and the upstairs passsage.  Effectively the main bedroom could not be properly checked via the open door using this method to ensure safety.

Was this "mirror story" made up or enhanced to cover the excessively long time the search took? Could it also have been created to cover up story when some persons were doing something very different that is not spoken of. The time it took seems to have allowed a large group to get together at the bottom of the stairs that seems most odd.
This supposed group gathered for the "mirroring up the stairs consisted of Collins, Delgado, Woodcock, Manners, Hall and Webb.

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
Considering Delgado was one of the first 3 to claim to enter the kitchen attention is drawn to his descriptions of Ralph. In doing so he makes mention of what has to be the AGA cooker by using the word "fire" . This seems most odd and out of place. Why did he say fire and not oven. aga or cooker?
It could possibly be because the door to the aga was open and the fire could be seen.
We are told in other statement that the aga was still lit.

So is the mention of "fire" made because it stood out in Delgado's memory. Other's may not mention such an open aga door as no doubt someone could have soo afterwards shut it.
One should also consider that 3 strange circular burn marks were described by the pathologist on Ralph's neck/upper back area. These burn marks seem to be unexplained in any of the evidence.

Newbury1

Considering Delgado was one of the first 3 to claim to enter the kitchen attention is drawn to his descriptions of Ralph. In doing so he makes mention of what has to be the AGA cooker by using the word "fire" . This seems most odd and out of place. Why did he say fire and not oven. aga or cooker?
It could possibly be because the door to the aga was open and the fire could be seen.

So is the mention of "fire" made because it stood out in Delgado's memory. Other's may not mention such an open aga door as no doubt someone could have soon afterwards shut it.
One should also consider that 3 strange circular burn marks were described by the pathologist on Ralph's neck/upper back area. These burn marks seem to be unexplained in any of the evidence.

Smiffy - a good point re the Aga fire. Does this lead us to think, and are you suggesting, that an implement (or gun barrel) could have been heated up in the fire to then cause the circular burn marks to Nevils back.

This element of possible "torture" would, in my mind, exclude Shelia from the murders.

Hartley

So is the mention of "fire" made because it stood out in Delgado's memory. Other's may not mention such an open aga door as no doubt someone could have soon afterwards shut it.

Smiffy - a good point re the Aga fire. Does this lead us to think, and are you suggesting, that an implement (or gun barrel) could have been heated up in the fire to then cause the circular burn marks to Nevils back.

This element of possible "torture" would, in my mind, exclude Shelia from the murders.

Nick, this is suggested in the Dickinson report as the cause of the burn marks to Ralphs back, they suggest a poker rather than a gun barrel.

Paragraphs 200 & 202 of the Dickinson report, which can be seen in this thread:
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1168.0.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:17:AM by Hartley »

Newbury1

Nick, this is suggested in the Dickinson report as the cause of the burn marks to Ralph's back, they suggest a poker rather than a gun barrel.

Thanks Hartley, do we know if the circular burn marks have a direct association with the night of the murders, and without the benefit of an autopsy report in relation to these marks or a photo I assume they were solid small circular marks as opposed to circular marks with a hollow middle (if that makes sense).

It's just that in a previous thread on this subject it has been speculated that the circular burn marks matched the barrel configuration of a unique weapon handed in shortly after the murders. This seems to now not be the case  ::).

However; if the circular burn marks were inflicted on the night then I believe this discounts Sheila, but it may also discount Jeremy as this act of "torture" would (please excuse the comment) be surplus to requirements  ???

Although a bizarre thought has just come to mind and in medieval times didn't they burn holes in "witches" to release the devil  :P - probably completely irrelevant

Hartley

Nick, this is suggested in the Dickinson report as the cause of the burn marks to Ralph's back, they suggest a poker rather than a gun barrel.

Thanks Hartley, do we know if the circular burn marks have a direct association with the night of the murders, and without the benefit of an autopsy report in relation to these marks or a photo I assume they were solid small circular marks as opposed to circular marks with a hollow middle (if that makes sense).

It's just that in a previous thread on this subject it has been speculated that the circular burn marks matched the barrel configuration of a unique weapon handed in shortly after the murders. This seems to now not be the case  ::) .

However; if the circular burn marks were inflicted on the night then I believe this discounts Sheila, but it may also discount Jeremy as this act of "torture" would (please excuse the comment) be surplus to requirements  ???

Although a bizarre thought has just come to mind and in medieval times didn't they burn holes in "witches" to release the devil  :P - probably completely irrelevant

The information about them seems to be lacking, well the information in the public domain anyway, and I don't know what has allowed the Dickinson report to potentially attribute the marks to a poker.

I did consider at one stage that they could have been injuries sustained accidentally on the farm before the murders as there appears to be no corresponding marks on his clothing, well no mention of there being any at least.

So I don't really know.  :-\

Offline grahameb

Ay least I got the answer as to whether the key was on the other side of the lock and it was. So any key that was allegedly kept outside in another building would have been useless anyway.

Hartley

Ay least I got the answer as to whether the key was on the other side of the lock and it was. So any key that was allegedly kept outside in another building would have been useless anyway.

Yes that's how I understand it.

On another note I'm not entirely convinced there was a spare key, the key left in the coal shed when they went out, was I believe, the same key which was in the door.

Offline grahameb

Yes that's how I understand it.

On another note I'm not entirely convinced there was a spare key, the key left in the coal shed when they went out, was I believe, the same key which was in the door.
Didn't Robert Boutflour ask where the spare key was?

Hartley

Didn't Robert Boutflour ask where the spare key was?

He mentioned it yes, but I think that is a misunderstanding on his part, as I say I don't think there was a spare key, simply that the key was put in the coal shed when they locked up and were away from the house.

That's just my opinion and a guess though, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to me why Jeremy didn't mention it, whether guilty or innocent.

Offline Michaela

Did the police ever mention what pages of the bible were open?