Author Topic: Witness statement of PC Webb, consisting of 4 pages, dated, 24th September  (Read 5638 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Witness statement of PC Webb, consisting of 4 pages, dated, 24th September 1985:-

Non of the 4 pages signed by him...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:48:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
Problems include;

Only speaks of Collins looking through a kitchen window, (one person as does Rozga) and misses out Delgado also looking through it. Appears to be lying here as does Rozga.
Where these 2 actually were carrying out containment from is rather doubtful....they both appear to be lying and issues like the 2 cars obscuring observation in the courtyard area are missed out.

Biggest problem..
He says he and Rozga were covering the "front" windows. Surely the ones on the courtyard side could not be front windows?

Later on in the statement he mentions the "front door"....which is the one near the main stairs and also mentions the "front" bedroom (the main one June was found in). Clearly his description of the front windows has to tie in with his description of the front door and front bedroom so he cannot have been covering white side (courtyard) area as he says and therefore that explains why he and Rozga screwed up in not also seeing Delgado looking through the kitchen window.

Fabrication appears to have gone on here....why...?

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
Webb claims to have provided cover from the doorway to the main bedroom where June was lying.
nb...Manners and Hall both also claim to do this about the same time and though both make claims about Sheila neither say they entered the main bedroom other than being set to cover others from the doorway.
Going by their movements of just being in the doorway BERNARDS list of who entered which room includes both Manners and Hall. If being classed as entering is standing in the doorway it is odd that Webb is not included on the list as having entered the main bedroom.

This suggests standing in the doorway was not counted so in other words BERNARD seems to accept both Manners and Hall went further into the main bedroom for some purpose which neither of them gives an account for or a reason for.

Offline OnceSaid

I find it odd that there was no reference made of RB sitting on a kitchen chair and that his head was resting on a coal bucket.

In this statement he recalls seeing RB in the crouch position with his head slumped forward. 

Offline smiffy

• Veteran Member
Going by the police statements version of events in the house by the firearms team Webb seems very much surplus to requirements. Everything he claimed to do should have been covered or was covered by the claims of Hall and Manners.
One does wonder therefore if those 2 were not doing what they claimed but were busy with something else (such as dealing with Sheila), hence a need to bring Webb in as a precaution.

However lets play along with the police account.  Rozga and Webb both get called into the house together leaving white side with no outside cover which created a need for cover to be provided by officers drawn from elsewhere. In the police story and accounts Rozga seems to have a genuine task and a case can be made that he was required.  Webb though was very much surplus to requirements inside the house due to the alleged presence of Hall and Manners. He was not really needed so why call him into the house?  It would have been far better for him to stay where he was outside maintaining cover on white side and this would have made Rozga's entry potentially safer.

So Webb it could be contended was called into the house when not needed which led to a demand for someone else to provide white side cover....but was there really a great need to provide cover on white side...if Sheila had already been found it would seem to not be the case.

Offline cainkapow

Just had a quick read of this statement and that of Rozga, and found just a small snippet that surely would have been picked up if this statement was that of PC Webb.

Near to the start he states that the team were informed that Jeremy had taught Shiela how to use the .22 rifle, which would surely put to bed the claims that shiela could not or did not know how to use a gun. obviosly along with the fact she was a farmers daughter post gun laws.

NewChilledOutHartley

Just had a quick read of this statement and that of Rozga, and found just a small snippet that surely would have been picked up if this statement was that of PC Webb.

Near to the start he states that the team were informed that Jeremy had taught Shiela how to use the .22 rifle, which would surely put to bed the claims that shiela could not or did not know how to use a gun. obviosly along with the fact she was a farmers daughter post gun laws.

Unfortunately not, Jeremy claims that Sheila was familiar with guns, members of the extended family claim that she was not.

All that this reference indicates is that Jeremy did indeed claim that Sheila was familiar with guns (the existence of the claim is not disputed).

It is no doubt the prosecutions opinion (or at least those who consider him guilty), that Jeremy has lied about Sheila's familiarity with guns in order to put her in the picture as the likely guilty party.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:00:PM by NewChilledOutHartley »

Offline susan

NewChilledOutHartley Hi there I thought I read it was stated by a member of the family don,t know their names that Sheila went on a shooting holiday to Scotland with them maybe got this wrong I usually do.I think it was the guy called John B.

NewChilledOutHartley

NewChilledOutHartley Hi there I thought I read it was stated by a member of the family don,t know their names that Sheila went on a shooting holiday to Scotland with them maybe got this wrong I usually do.I think it was the guy called John B.

Yes that's correct.

NewChilledOutHartley

Yes that's correct.

This is on one of JB's many support sites, I have no idea as to it's actual accuracy or what (if any) implications are suggested by it:

Peter Eaton details in his handwritten draft statements to the City of London Police that he saw Sheila using a gun on a shooting holiday in Scotland, but this was crossed out with the word “NO” written over the top of it and did not appear in the final Statement to police.

Source: http://jeremybamber.org/david-boutflour/

Relevant extract attached:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:34:PM by NewChilledOutHartley »