Author Topic: Witness statement of PC Dermott, consisting of 3 pages, dated, 20th September  (Read 4992 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Witness statement of PC Dermott, consisting of 3 pages, dated, 20th September 1985:-

All pages signed by him...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:29:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Blodwynflower

According to the "Essex Police Communications" Radio log, Car QK26 was sent out at 4.37am, yet PC Dermott states:

"At 5am on Wednesday the 7th August 1985 I was on duty with other officers in a county marked vehicle, call sign QK26, when, as a result of information received I went to 'White House' farm, Pages Lane, Tolleshunt D'Arcy, the home of the BAMBER family."

".....when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Blodwynflower

Didn't he arrive at 5am?
".....when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline big-goolies

it seems obvious that people see in statements and facts that which they want to see and adheres to what they feel happened on that fateful night

Lugg

it seems obvious that people see in statements and facts that which they want to see and adheres to what they feel happened on that fateful night
Why? What do you see in this statement?

Offline big-goolies

it partly seems to me that he knew what they would find (page 2 , 2nd paragraph) but i was always of the opinion that he hadnt been inside the house until after the police had arrived

if he had said that he 'feared what they might find inside' it would perhaps show he wasnt sure what hadnt happened inside the house.

Lugg

it partly seems to me that he knew what they would find (page 2 , 2nd paragraph) but i was always of the opinion that he hadnt been inside the house until after the police had arrived

if he had said that he 'feared what they might find inside' it would perhaps show he wasnt sure what hadnt happened inside the house.
Yes I can see what you mean. My first honest reaction to the statement was that Bamber sounds guilty. Don'y ask me why I got that impression. It was just a first reaction that I got.

Offline Michaela

I know I am stating the obvious but I think it should be remembered that the statement made by the officer is only his recollection of events after the incident.