Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Captain Chavasse

Hello
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:PM »
Hello
I am a retired army captian and recently saw a programme about the Bamber case. I think it was called Killing Mum and Dad. I have heard about Bamber pleading his innocense in the past so I thought I would look into the details a little more and ended up here.

I have looked at a number of the evidence artickes on here and find them very interesting, I am not sure if this is the place to ask but I would welcome any book recommendations about the case that give a balanced view.

Thank you.

chochokeira

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:48:PM »
Hello
I am a retired army captian and recently saw a programme about the Bamber case. I think it was called Killing Mum and Dad. I have heard about Bamber pleading his innocense in the past so I thought I would look into the details a little more and ended up here.

I have looked at a number of the evidence artickes on here and find them very interesting, I am not sure if this is the place to ask but I would welcome any book recommendations about the case that give a balanced view.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, Captain Chavasse. I personally would recommend the following:

Blood Relations by Roger Wilkes  ISBN 0-14-024200-7

Wilkes' book, though a bit out of date (in common with all of the books about this case), is very well researched. Wilkes read all of the available statements and case material and spent many hours interviewing Jeremy Bamber, his extended family and other witnesses. I believe Wilkes' book gives a balanced account.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:51:PM by chochokeira »

Offline Captain Chavasse

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:42:PM »
Thank you for yr recommendation. I have just ordered that book from Amazon.
I look forward to reading it.
Cheers