Author Topic: Head of Drug Squad on payroll of big time dealer  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Head of Drug Squad on payroll of big time dealer
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:PM »
Captain...

The theory espoused by Mike Tesko appears to be that some of the police officers covered up the true circumstances of how Sheila Caffell came to die in the farmhouse, due to the raid having been bungled.  In doing so they set upon a course that they could not get off. 

Furthermore that they could not have foreseen the tenacity and passion of the relatives in genuinely suspecting Jeremy Bamber.  And that this tenacity on the part of the relatives may have become partly motivated by complex inheritance issues and/or percieved 'noble cause corruption'. 

In one sense, in this scenario the police are also to blame for being unable to quell the family's suspicions of Bamber, due to the fact that this would involve revealing the bungled raid which defeats their purpose in the first place. 

This scenario becomes severely weakened when Julie Mugford is introduced to the equation, in my opinion.  However it is not certain how any alleged machinations between the relatives and Julie Mugford may have played out, or not as the case may be. 

And at all times the main concern of the police officers involved was to protect the 'pact' taken out when covering up the bungled raid, which at every turn became a higher and higher stakes game regarding consequences.

Stephanie

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 10:55:PM »
Very interesting Stephanie and Grahame.
Please reread my post though: I said there are obviously numerous cases of police corruption. I made no such sweeping statement that every police officer is honest and professional as you alledge Grahame.
I also said each case stands or falls on its own which is basically what you are saying too.
Hopefully with these points clarified you will accept that I am not quite as naive as you have suggested. Police corruption will obviously normally have a reason; that being either perosnal gain for the officers or some sort of animosity toward an accused.

I am not saying Bambers isn't such a case. I just can't see why they would have fitted up Bamber as has been suggested and look so incompetent in doing so. Do you have any theories as to why they would have done such a thing?

Sorry I missed your question earlier, I am a retired Captain in the Brigade of Guards.
Honi soit qui mal y pense

I think you meant - Honni soit qui mal y pense

I google translated...  ;)

"Evil be to him who evil thinks" - totally!

You say you cannot see why they would have fitted up Bamber - I can see this - why would they have fitted up my husband?

I recommend the book 'No Smoke - The Shocking Truth About British Justice' by Sandra Lean.

Innocent people are being locked up in our prisons, convicted of the most horrific crimes, on a regular basis. These are not one-off, tragic mistakes, but rather a routine, everyday occurrence. For every high-profile miscarriage of justice that we hear about, there are dozens more that never make the news. No Smoke examines just some of these cases, highlighting the very human tragedy of wrongful conviction, and pointing out the unthinkable: this could happen to any one of us! Sandra Lean's NO SMOKE offers a vitally-important contribution to British social awareness. Already the subject of much debate within the judicial system, this book reviews seven specific real-life cases and in doing so exposes some truly shocking practices within the UK justice system. The cases are exhaustively researched and documented in an easy-to-read contemporary style, and the conclusions presented in an articulate and professional format. Review copies have been highly praised, and the book has already been recommended by sitting judiciary as an insightful (if rather disturbing) guide to the inner workings of British justice. The author is currently a PhD candidate in criminal justice at Edinburgh University.

Stephanie

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 11:10:PM »
With regards the circumstantial fibre evidence in Simon's case - they never ever matched in the first place!

The whole case was a criminal farce - make believe - a fairy tale.... You can't make this s**t up!

The forensic expert made it up as she went along - the real perps were ignored for 11 months; by which time Simon had already been charged and was awaiting trial.

He was made guilty by media and didn't stand a chance with the jury members who were spun a web of lies and didn't have a real clue how the justice system works; nor more importantly did they have the nerve to ask 'hang on a minute, this is all a load of cobblers.'

In January 2011 three appeal court judges chose to uphold the conviction even though the fibres had been shown to never have matched ever!

Does anyone think that this is true justice or corruption? I know what I believe......

Corruption from the core to the core!

Offline Captain Chavasse

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:PM »
Hi Stephanie,
Believe me google translate is wrong, it is:
I would have been shot for getting that wrong!

I didnt ignore what you said earlier about yr hubby in prison, in fact I have just been reading about that case. Very interesting. I hate to be nosey but did you know him before he was convicted: I noticed you said you had been married for 2-half years and he has been in for 9? Too nosey?

He seems to have been convicted on almost no evidence and that may even be flawed!

I know there are massive miscarriages of justice and your hubby and Bamber may well be two of them. I was just questioning why the police would do it and look so inept in the Bamber case.

Thank you Rochford for that brief outline of what the innocent campaign think. Very interesting.

Stephanie

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:PM »
Hi Stephanie,
Believe me google translate is wrong, it is:
I would have been shot for getting that wrong!

I didnt ignore what you said earlier about yr hubby in prison, in fact I have just been reading about that case. Very interesting. I hate to be nosey but did you know him before he was convicted: I noticed you said you had been married for 2-half years and he has been in for 9? Too nosey?

He seems to have been convicted on almost no evidence and that may even be flawed!

I know there are massive miscarriages of justice andur hubby and Bamber may well be two of them. I was just questioning why the police would do it and look so inept in the Bamber case.

Thank you Rochford for that brief outline of what the innocent campaign think. Very interesting.

And there was me thinking I was being cleaver... ha ha - I believe you - I have learnt to question far more than I ever did.....

Very nosey aren't you Captain..  ;) But that's okay  ;) and yes I did know Simon before prison; we worked together...  8) That's a whole other story...  :P

Simon was fitted up! There is nothing I have read to date that tells me different... The police knew he was innocent..

Also having known Simon previously and knowing his charactor and what he stood for; he would never have done anything like this.. He's the type to help an elderly lady across the road - not stab her 15 times!

The police assasinated Simon's charactor; even speaking to witnesses feeding them with rubbish in order to strengthen their case.... I could go on and on....

Keep watching out for further developments in Simon's case - this isn't over until his name is cleared and the real suspects are behind bars...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:52:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Captain Chavasse

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 12:01:AM »
Very interesting Stephanie. I saw your pic on line too - see I have been reading up!
I will follow developments with interest.  :)

I follow the Bamber case and the West Memphis 3 in the states. That is an amazing case which too could be a massive miscarriage of justice. Innocent party maybe on death row.  Johnny Depp and a few other celebrities have got involved in it and it really is a fascinating yet appalling case for those who are interested.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:AM »
With regards the circumstantial fibre evidence in Simon's case - they never ever matched in the first place!

The whole case was a criminal farce - make believe - a fairy tale.... You can't make this s**t up!

The forensic expert made it up as she went along - the real perps were ignored for 11 months; by which time Simon had already been charged and was awaiting trial.

He was made guilty by media and didn't stand a chance with the jury members who were spun a web of lies and didn't have a real clue how the justice system works; nor more importantly did they have the nerve to ask 'hang on a minute, this is all a load of cobblers.'

In January 2011 three appeal court judges chose to uphold the conviction even though the fibres had been shown to never have matched ever!

Does anyone think that this is true justice or corruption? I know what I believe......

Corruption from the core to the core!
I've read the reasons they rejected his appeal and I agree there was new evidence that could have overturned his conviction and this was upheld by judges and lawyers. Yet they chose to uphold the original conviction. That in itself is injustice. As long as they've got someone for the crime it doesn't matter to them if he's guilty or innocent.