Author Topic: Head of Drug Squad on payroll of big time dealer  (Read 5477 times)

Sparkfilms

Head of Drug Squad on payroll of big time dealer
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:59:PM »

Somewhere between 1975 and 1992 a big time dealer was paying the local head of the drug squad about triple his salary year in year out.

The dealer had nothing on his criminal record that related to drugs. He had plenty else on there though.

The dealer was serving up to anywhere between 20 and 40 people each Friday and Saturday night for 17 years in the same pub. Everyone knew the pub was safe.

The dealer was even given a top police dog ( aged 5 years ) by the force.

Sparkfilms

Re: Head of Drug Squad on payroll of big time dealer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:21:PM »
It won't surprise anyone reading this to learn that the dealer was a grass. When a local gang were going down for a stretch they decided the correct course of action was to send someone round to the house of **** ***** with a shot gun.

This they duly did and made a reasonable job of blowing a large hole through the right shoulder.

Just one problem. Right address. Wrong man.

The real **** ***** had flown out to Spain 6 weeks earlier.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:11:PM by Sparkfilms »

andrea

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:57:AM »
Bloody hell!  Theres been a big one up here sparks, west yorkshire are at the moment being investigated for corruption.
A drug dealer was taken to massage parlours by police ang given all sorts of priviledges by the west yorkshire lot, even being invited to officers homes to attend parties etc, he too was a grass, but still a dealer

Offline grahameb

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:07:PM »
I knew several police officers. The words of one of them particularly spring to mind. They said that plain clothes police often have to mix with criminals so it is hardly surprising that some of them get tempted into crime. Those are not my words if you want to criticise them, but the words of another police officer.

Offline Captain Chavasse

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:PM »
Is this an anti Police forum as well as a pro Bamber one? It seems a strange time to be critiicing the police when a few dozen of them are injured today trying to keep our streets safe.

I have read a lot about the Police on the forum. A lot of conspiracy theories but does anyone actually believe police officers stitched Jeremy Bamber up knowing he is an innocent man? 

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:PM »
are you saying theirs no corrupt policeman then i don't think the facts bear you out.
it may suprise you to know that the police often stitch people up knowing them to be innocent.

weather they did this to bamber though i am not sure.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:54:PM by nugnug »

Offline grahameb

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:PM »
Is this an anti Police forum as well as a pro Bamber one? It seems a strange time to be critiicing the police when a few dozen of them are injured today trying to keep our streets safe.

I have read a lot about the Police on the forum. A lot of conspiracy theories but does anyone actually believe police officers stitched Jeremy Bamber up knowing he is an innocent man?
No it isn't an anti police forum. But it is a forum that speaks out against police corruption and any kind of corruption. So what regiment were you in Captain?

Sparkfilms

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:PM »
Yeah, **** off Captain.

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:PM »
Blimey, Sparkers!! Where did that come from?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:PM »
Blimey, Sparkers!! Where did that come from?

I'm guessing Sparks has come across a bit of corruption in his line of work.  Captain, I have a lot of trivial contact with police in my line of work and the vast majority seem like good eggs.  It's a shame all this looting stuff is going on.  It looks awful, like something from the states?

Offline Captain Chavasse

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:PM »
Thank's for that considered response Sparkfilms. The internet is a wonderful tool for letting people express views that they wouldnt dare say in real life.

As for the reasonable debaters points; yes there are obviously numerous cases of police corruption but I think the British Police are pretty well respected worldwide as a basically honest and professional force.

Quoting details of exposed bent coppers is in my opinion a fatuous argument and in no way supports any corruption allegations against the various police officers involved in the Bamber case. Each case stands or falls on it's own.

I do wonder why on earth any police officer would want to fit up Bamber. In doing so they would be risking their own careers and pensions and indeed their own liberty.  I just can't see a possible reason they could have to do such an appalling act.   

Stephanie

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:PM »
Captain Chavasse - it isn't just rioting that is going on in this country at the moment!
Open your mind and think outside the box!
My husband Simon Hall languishes in a prison cell as I write this. He has been in prison for over 9 years.
The real killer/s are on our streets - who knows; maybe even involved in the filth going on in our cities?
The police know my husband is innocent and allowed the real perps to carry on committing crime.
There are good and bad in all walks of life - I just hope you never have to witness what we have or more importantly get fitted up for something you know nothing about.......

Offline grahameb

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:PM »
Thank's for that considered response Sparkfilms. The internet is a wonderful tool for letting people express views that they wouldnt dare say in real life.

As for the reasonable debaters points; yes there are obviously numerous cases of police corruption but I think the British Police are pretty well respected worldwide as a basically honest and professional force.

Quoting details of exposed bent coppers is in my opinion a fatuous argument and in no way supports any corruption allegations against the various police officers involved in the Bamber case. Each case stands or falls on it's own.

I do wonder why on earth any police officer would want to fit up Bamber. In doing so they would be risking their own careers and pensions and indeed their own liberty.  I just can't see a possible reason they could have to do such an appalling act.   
Captain. May I suggest that you take the case as it comes? We didn't start out my believing that the police in the Bamber case were corrupt. But as we examined the case we saw that a lot of things didn't add up. It is just as important that we don't take some police officers for granted just because the rest of the force is straight. We can only state what we find and some things some policemen did in this case seems to be suspicious at the very least. I should study them first if I were you before you make sweeping statements about every police officer being honest and professional.
For your information we are not stating that every police officer is corrupt. But the fact that there are other cases and I might add many of them of late is enough to scotch the theory that the whole police force is beyond reproach. But I would still like to know what regiment you were in. Just out of interest? ;)

Stephanie

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 08:57:PM »
The police close ranks and work alongside other authorities - don't be fooled by narrow mindedness Captain!

Not all are bad apples but there are far more than you would ever believe...

Time to educate yourself and make yourself aware of your rights - this train of thinking could make you a perfect target as a miscarriage of justice!

Offline Captain Chavasse

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:PM »
Very interesting Stephanie and Grahame.
Please reread my post though: I said there are obviously numerous cases of police corruption. I made no such sweeping statement that every police officer is honest and professional as you alledge Grahame.
I also said each case stands or falls on its own which is basically what you are saying too.
Hopefully with these points clarified you will accept that I am not quite as naive as you have suggested. Police corruption will obviously normally have a reason; that being either perosnal gain for the officers or some sort of animosity toward an accused.

I am not saying Bambers isn't such a case. I just can't see why they would have fitted up Bamber as has been suggested and look so incompetent in doing so. Do you have any theories as to why they would have done such a thing?

Sorry I missed your question earlier, I am a retired Captain in the Brigade of Guards.
Honi soit qui mal y pense