Author Topic: Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85  (Read 1952 times)

Offline justice

Re: Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 06:03:PM »

It's interesting that after setting the scene, Burrell provides his account in the first person, for the first three facts.  When he reaches the fourth fact, he appears to disassociate himself from the action claimed to have taken place.
Probably his nock off time 6.00am?
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 06:34:PM »

He's an Inspector, why does he say he was duty Sergeant?   :-\

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 06:39:PM »

Or maybe he simply wasn't personally involved in the transfer.

Offline justice

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 06:42:PM »
He's an Inspector, why does he say he was duty Sergeant?   :-\
Not spotted that one Hartley, got promotion just after the murders?  ;D
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline justice

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 06:44:PM »
Or maybe he simply wasn't personally involved in the transfer.
Delegation I would say, probably fed up of listening to nothing at that time? Or constant dog barking?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:46:PM by justice »

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 06:56:PM »

He doesn't state so, either side of the last action that he claimed took place. 

Neither is any reason given regarding necessity for the claimed action.  Wouldn't the result cause a 999 call line to be unnecessarily tied up?
"She was on a mission - a date with death, in league with the devil..." 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 06:59:PM »
Not spotted that one Hartley, got promotion just after the murders?  ;D

I've just read in the July 1986 issue of the Essex Police Law Magazine, Burrell is thanking people for their kindness following the death of his wife and mother-in-law.  :(

Offline lookout

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 07:01:PM »
It's been said by many that Neville couldn't have phoned the police because of his injuries. He could still have just dialled 999,without speaking as that call would have appeared on a digitalised screen showing the area/address rather than having the loud distracting buzzer. The address of the caller would have been recorded and filtered to the police as being the emergency needed if " suspicious sounds " had been heard in the background.
This occurs if a line has been dialled then abandoned and left open for the emergency services.

Offline justice

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 07:02:PM »
He doesn't state so, either side of the last action that he claimed took place. 

Neither is any reason given regarding necessity for the claimed action.  Wouldn't the result cause a 999 call line to be unnecessarily tied up?
It could be that 6.00am is a busy time with him being in charge, briefings, manpower change over etc, so all he did was delegate to attend other matters?

Offline justice

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 07:06:PM »
I've just read in the July 1986 issue of the Essex Police Law Magazine, Burrell is thanking people for their kindness following the death of his wife and mother-in-law.  :(
Oh dear that's so sad  Hartley, makes you wonder what happened both together, Traffic accident?

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 07:09:PM »
Oh dear that's so sad  Hartley, makes you wonder what happened both together, Traffic accident?

That was my thought. I can't find anything else about it in the news though.  :-\

Offline lookout

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2017, 07:10:PM »
Poison mushrooms ?

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2017, 07:47:PM »
Poison mushrooms ?

That's a bit random Lookout.  :))

I remember a film where a chap came back from the American Civil war, he went to a family and pretended to be the returning husband, the lady in question figured it out that he wasn't really her husband and poisoned him with mushrooms. It was on a tobacco farm I think.

Can't remember the name of the film though.  >:(

Any takers?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2017, 07:53:PM »
That's a bit random Lookout.  :))

I remember a film where a chap came back from the American Civil war, he went to a family and pretended to be the returning husband, the lady in question figured it out that he wasn't really her husband and poisoned him with mushrooms. It was on a tobacco farm I think.

Can't remember the name of the film though.  >:(

Any takers?

Sommersby
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2017, 07:59:PM »
Sommersby

That's the one, well done.  :)