Author Topic: Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85  (Read 1953 times)

Hartley

Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:PM »
Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85

Offline smiffy

Re: Inspector D Burrell 13/09/85
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 03:34:PM »
Interesting in that the line was not constantly monitored until 6.09am if the statement is to be believed.

so if believed there could have been things to hear prior to 6.09am that were not heard as it was not monitored??

or it was monitored and things were heard and have not been revealed as it may expose the cover up !

grahame

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:38:PM »
Interesting in that the line was not constantly monitored until 6.09am if the statement is to be believed.

so if believed there could have been things to hear prior to 6.09am that were not heard as it was not monitored??

or it was monitored and things were heard and have not been revealed as it may expose the cover up !
Yes but there was a chance if Sheila or anyone else was alive they could have been heard moving about? But it is interesting that nothing is mentioned about this. This is specially important if we believe her to have been still alive at 7.30am and downstairs in the kitchen.

tyler

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:41:PM »
Is Pc Millbank's statement avaliable?

Hartley

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:42:PM »

Not that I've seen, but if I find it I'll post it.

tyler

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 03:45:PM »

Not that I've seen, but if I find it I'll post it.

thank you  :)

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 11:40:PM »
Off its rest. Does that mean off the hook.

Offline justice

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 08:08:AM »
I would say so Hartley, but others would want it to mean that Neville was on the phone for two hours  :)
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 09:25:AM »

" Off its rest ",mid-call, as opposed to a call-ended,so in effect it was a conversation that wasn't finished,therefore the operator would have heard what went on in the background as the line remained open.

This,in turn would have given JB an engaged tone when he'd tried to ring back. Sorted !!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:32:AM by lookout »

Offline Jane J

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 12:27:PM »

Yes. It could also have been said to be off the cradle.

Offline Jane J

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 12:31:PM »

" Off its rest ",mid-call, as opposed to a call-ended,so in effect it was a conversation that wasn't finished,therefore the operator would have heard what went on in the background as the line remained open.

This,in turn would have given JB an engaged tone when he'd tried to ring back. Sorted !!

Off it's rest/cradle/hook is just that. It matters little if there's an ongoing conversation/a conversation someone has walked away from/someone has removed the receiver to clean the cradle and walked away without replacing it. The fact remains that the receiver is still OFF it's rest/cradle/hook.

Offline lookout

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:00:PM »
Off it's rest/cradle/hook is just that. It matters little if there's an ongoing conversation/a conversation someone has walked away from/someone has removed the receiver to clean the cradle and walked away without replacing it. The fact remains that the receiver is still OFF it's rest/cradle/hook.

Because it wasn't first replaced before leaving off the hook,the line had remained open to the operator who would then have heard background noises. If the phone/previous conversation which had taken place had ended and the handset replaced and then removed again,nothing would have been heard in the background because it hadn't been " deactivated ".

In other words it was left with the line still open/activated at the last call-----which was to the police. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:PM »

What are you talking about? Nowhere does it mention 'mid call'! You just make it up as you go along! of it's rest means OFF THE HOOK and yes, off the hook would have given the engaged tone - glad you now agree that off the hook gives the SAME tone and ENGAGED! Keep wriggling!
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 01:24:PM »

Because it wasn't first replaced before leaving off the hook,the line had remained open to the operator who would then have heard background noises. If the phone/previous conversation which had taken place had ended and the handset replaced and then removed again,nothing would have been heard in the background because it hadn't been " deactivated ".

In other words it was left with the line still open/activated at the last call-----which was to the police.

An operator can listen into a line if it is off the hook, or a call is in progress - you are making a fool of yourself.
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline lookout

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 01:29:PM »
An operator can listen into a line if it is off the hook, or a call is in progress - you are making a fool of yourself.

I'm well aware that an operator can listen in ! I'm NOT making a fool of myself at all !! Why would I ??