Author Topic: QUESTION TO BOARD MEMBERS  (Read 2317 times)

Sparkfilms

QUESTION TO BOARD MEMBERS
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:PM »
This might be quicker than searching answers elsewhere.

Scenario: Someone is convicted of murder and duly sentenced.

There are two appeals that follow but to no avail.

The overwhelming feeling in the public, media and professional circles is that this is of a miscarriage of justice.

Years after the conviction information comes forward that strongly suggests involvement of others in the murder.

How likely is it that the police force in question would look into this matter and run DNA checks on the new names put forward before being requested to do so by the Defence team and other parties?

andrea

Re: QUESTION TO BOARD MEMBERS
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:02:PM »
you should have posted that on the main bamber bboard sparks, more likely to get an answer on there.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:02:PM »

The overwhelming feeling in the public, media and professional circles is that this is of a miscarriage of justice.

Years after the conviction information comes forward that strongly suggests involvement of others in the murder.

How likely is it that the police force in question would look into this matter and run DNA checks on the new names put forward before being requested to do so by the Defence team and other parties?

Sparkfilms - I believe it would depend upon the police force concerned but if the information became public and appeared credible I imagine that most police forces would conduct some further enquiries, albeit perhaps reluctantly, if only to try to head off subsequent criticism.

In the Bamber case unfortunately I fear DNA evidence is unlikely to be the key as the relevant exhibits were all destroyed by Essex Police and are therefore unavailable for further testing.

Offline shonapugs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:PM »
Sparks, if this is about JB, how can you justify saying that there is an overwhelming feeling that this is a MOJ? Only on here. I would imagine that the majority of people rarely give him a second thought.

Sparkfilms

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:PM »
This is about the SIMON HALL case.

Sorry guys, should have mentioned that perhaps.

Offline OnceSaid

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 03:56:PM »

Unfortunately I think it would be highly unlikely, especially if the original investigating officers were still serving with that particlar police force.  I also think that the police force would refuse any requests by the defence or any other parties.  To readily comply would show that they may have got it wrong and sent an innocent man to prison.  I think they would dig their heels in.