Author Topic: If no-one disturbed anything - how did police enter the kitchen?  (Read 14179 times)

Jackiepreece

Re: If no-one disturbed anything - how did police enter the kitchen?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:PM »
Ngb just sent you a
pm
Jackie

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:PM »
Ngb just sent you a
pm
Jackie

Jackie  - I have replied!

Offline sc82

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:PM »
In a typical murder scene obviously the police would not be using cushions etc to soak up blood.,they would surely leave it as is. We know that they were working on the assumption it was a suicide/murder. Do you think this is another example of them not taking any care because they basically didn't think it mattered?

Offline grahameb

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 02:50:PM »
In a typical murder scene obviously the police would not be using cushions etc to soak up blood.,they would surely leave it as is. We know that they were working on the assumption it was a suicide/murder. Do you think this is another example of them not taking any care because they basically didn't think it mattered?
Police methods were not as strict back in the 80's as they are now. Nowerdays they'd take the whole house to bits if necessary.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 05:37:PM »
Police methods were not as strict back in the 80's as they are now. Nowerdays they'd take the whole house to bits if necessary.
-------

I agree, police were able to manipulate evidence at will in those days (1985)...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:PM »

That's a very astute observation.  You would expect the police in this kind of situation, to give an explanation?  Does anyone know of any such explanation from police?  Have they even attempted to blame Jeremy Bamber for using the cushion and items to soak up the blood, as part of his murder spree?

Offline grahameb

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:PM »

That's a very astute observation.  You would expect the police in this kind of situation, to give an explanation?  Does anyone know of any such explanation from police?  Have they even attempted to blame Jeremy Bamber for using the cushion and items to soak up the blood, as part of his murder spree?
I think it more likely that Ralph used the cussions to fend off his attacker? Only an opinion for what it's worth.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 06:19:PM »

I think it more likely that Ralph used the cussions to fend off his attacker? Only an opinion for what it's worth.

He may well have used something.  I surprises me that he didn't reach a gun?

Offline curiousessex

• ROCH INDEX 70
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 06:22:PM »

or Sheila as a part of the ritualistic cleansing?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 06:28:PM »

Did this concept become abandoned by the defence or is it still on the table?

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 06:31:PM »

It was advanced at trial as a possibility and has not been abandoned. 

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:PM »

ngb, do you agree there is a common misconception that people are tempted to fall back upon?  'Only Bamber knows what happened'  'Only Bamber knows the truth' etc. 

It seems to me rather that the entire defence campaign, from Jeremy Bamber to Mike Tesko to Ewen Smith, Barry Woods, GDS, to the current team, has all been about a journey trying to painstakingly piece together what happened. 

It becomes incredulous to believe that so varied and so great a number of professionals could allow themselves to be fooled by some arch manipulator, operating from his prison cell.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 07:14:PM »

ngb, do you agree there is a common misconception that people are tempted to fall back upon?  'Only Bamber knows what happened'  'Only Bamber knows the truth' etc. 

It seems to me rather that the entire defence campaign, from Jeremy Bamber to Mike Tesko to Ewen Smith, Barry Woods, GDS, to the current team, has all been about a journey trying to painstakingly piece together what happened. 

It becomes incredulous to believe that so varied and so great a number of professionals could allow themselves to be fooled by some arch manipulator, operating from his prison cell.
Only Sherlock Woffendin has not been fooled. He is the only one who knows what happened. ::)

Offline sc82

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 07:35:PM »

I see your point but if he had used them to try and protect himself it still its unlikely they'd land precisely on the wet blood. I'd say the police put them there. Were those photographs, showing the cushions etc presented at trial?

Offline sc82

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 07:39:PM »
Also on the subject of ritualistic cleaning, I don't really know much about this. Would it be done in such a hap-hazard way? I would have thought if Sheila was trying to clean up she'd have been much more obssesive about it - not just used whatever she could find to try and clean up the blood. As i said, i don't really know about it so i may be wide of the mark.