Author Topic: Scott Forbes and Sandra Lean  (Read 2883 times)

Offline WakeyWakey

Scott Forbes and Sandra Lean
« on: February 22, 2021, 08:54:PM »
https://twitter.com/Scf65Forbes/status/1362845413938761728?s=19

Has sandra lean ever talked publicly about how she knows scott forbes?

it sounds like something that should been mentioned in interest of full disclosure, since he was the source of the mk allegations, was later dismissed and found to have invented these for a story to sell.

a key figure in spreading doubt in the security of the conviction the whole time, and it turns out  pair of them go way back... how has this never been disclosed?

Offline David1819

Re: Scott Forbes and Sandra Lean
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:49:AM »
They have always been the best oh pals. But she won't speak of this chap, it's as if he does not exist.

There is a reason, why the 2nd half of the BBC documentary won't be uploaded. Poor MK.

Thanks for posting this, no-where to hide now.

What is in the 2nd half of the documentary that's preventing Sandra from showing it?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:57:AM by David1819 »

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:46:PM »
Probably has something to do with this >>

"Producers interviewed a man whose drug addict friend had written about killing a woman in the woods shortly before 14-year-old Jodi's body was discovered with stab wounds in the village of Easthouses, near Dalkeith, in June 2003"

they probably should have had an "allegedly" in there about the story about killing a woman in the woods.

The Crown objects to the new ground being presented, and Mr Beckett told the court that investigations had been carried out after a witness, Scott Forbes, put forward Mr Kane's name.

"He indicated Kane had written an essay, Killing a girl in the woods. The Crown had police take a statement from a lecturer and the lecturer confirmed that Kane wrote no such essay. I have information that Scott Forbes told Mark Kane, 'Just admit it … we will get 50,000 from the newspapers'," Mr Beckett said.

Depute Advocate John Beckett QC there. these claims were all looked into and dismissed.

Offline David1819

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:PM »
Wait, so Scott Forbes was pals with Lean, and interested in the case before he came up with the Mark Kane story?  :o

What is the Mark Kane story?

Offline sandra L

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 11:58:AM »
Who is lying here?

I'm not "concealing" the Frontline documentary - I've never been given copyright permission to make it public, even though I have requested that permission.

There is no CCTV footage from a shop in Newtongrange "clearing him of involvement" - the CCTV footage from the shop in Newtongrange was never checked for images of MK. The claim is that footage of him in a shop in Dalkeith at almost 10pm that night "cleared" him - how so? It's almost 5 hours after Jodi was supposed to have been murdered.

The case files show that Scott Forbes brought MK to police attention within the first week of the investigation. Other statements confirm what he says about MK's appearance and behaviour the day after the murder. The tutor concerned with the essay said only that she did not have such an essay (years later) and that she "did not recall" such an essay, although she did recall a different one, about robbing an old woman of her pensions money.

The inclusion of the MK information in the SCCRC submission was in support of the suggestion that the Fleming and Walsh "identification" could have been a mistaken identity - nothing to do with implicating MK in the murder.

I did not meet Scott Forbes until he walked into Corinne's workplace in late 2006 to say he'd been trying to give his information to the police and, later,  Luke's legal team. I'd never heard of Scott Forbes prior to that. As a result of speaking with Corinne, he went on to give a sworn affidavit to Luke's legal team.

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 01:12:PM »

The inclusion of the MK information in the SCCRC submission was in support of the suggestion that the Fleming and Walsh "identification" could have been a mistaken identity - nothing to do with implicating MK in

Too late for plausible deniability. Thousands people now heavy implying someone with no recourse or ability to defend their reputation is a murderer, and they're directly quoting you, despite all the info being "in the case files" , not available to public
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:14:PM by WakeyWakey »

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:PM »
With regards to the couple seen at the top of the lane, how many sighting were there, was it just the people/person in the car passing or were there other people also report seeing these people?
From what I remember (forgive me if im mistaken its been a while), a lady reported seeing a couple at the top of the lane but from the description of the clothing some say it did not match Jodi (lady said girl had fitted jeans on and Jodi had very baggy black trousers on)? But if others confirmed this sighting they might have a better description.
If the people did not come forward it could be for a number of reasons,
Didn’t realise it was them
They were doing something they shouldnt or with someone they should not be so did not want to come forward
Was a different day
Didn’t see the call for them to come forward
Might not be from the area
Don’t remember being there
Didn’t want involved
Scared to come forward
Were involved in the murder
Might not exist
Might be Luke and Jodi

Offline sandra L

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 04:49:PM »
(1) I didn't release "half of the documentary" - I made a 7 minute video of clips from the documentary and credited the source as Frontline Scotland - are you suggesting the whole video was just 15 minutes long?

(2) I've said before copyright law allows me to quote from others (so long as it's credited) but not to reproduce the whole work - I'm really not sure what's difficult to understand about that.

(3) Careful with the assumptions again, Davie2. I didn't "give a copy to Sunshine" - I've no idea where she got it or whether she had permission to upload it. Nothing whatsoever to do with me!!

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 01:35:PM »
rightly or wrongly the fronline programme is now on youtube in full

https://youtu.be/-m-zHEUOFR0

25m in for scott forbes section

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 03:34:PM »
Sandra should be commended on her work on this case, whose trial was tarnished by the prejudicial Press coverage on a 14-year-old youth. The verdict should be considered unsafe.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 12:01:PM »
there have been 26 compliants to offcom about the documentry appearntly wonder who they were.

Offline Steve_uk

Offline lookout

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 12:32:PM »
there have been 26 compliants to offcom about the documentry appearntly wonder who they were.

Makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 04:09:PM »

Makes you wonder doesn't it ?

its fair to say that a tv programme heavily implying that named people (who were never suspects in any police investigation) were suspects in a murder case to the point where theyre hounded breaches "legitimate expectation of privacy" at least, and very likely falls foul of other branches of Ofcom's Programme-related guidance, no?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 05:55:PM »
its fair to say that a tv programme heavily implying that named people (who were never suspects in any police investigation) were suspects in a murder case to the point where theyre hounded breaches "legitimate expectation of privacy" at least, and very likely falls foul of other branches of Ofcom's Programme-related guidance, no?

i said there were compliants i dident say they were uphold doesnt really matter if they are as nobody takes ofcom seriously.