Author Topic: Proof Conclusive - 'DS Jones reason for returning to scene to collect Silencer  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Robittybob1

The blood on the thread of either the gun or the silencer was that confirmed to be human blood?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator

It should be worth noting, that according to the scientific evidence, that the external universal thread on the end of the Bamber owned .22 semi-automatic 'Anshuzt' rifle was blood free. This becomes significant because according to scientific analysis, blood was found to be present on the first 7-8 baffle plates closest to the exit aperture on its end cap, with a huge gap consisting of a further 9-10 uncontaminated baffle plates..

How could blood be present in the internal screw thread at one end of that silencer with such a huge gap before blood is present on the last 8-7 baffle plates, unless another gun which had got blood embedded into the external thread on the end of a guns barrel was used in the shootings?

According to Essex police, the .22 semi-automatic 'Anshuzt' rifle did not have a silencer attached on the end of its barrel when found at the scene..
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
The blood on the thread of either the gun or the silencer was that confirmed to be human blood?

I will check!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
According to Essex police, the .22 semi-automatic 'Anshuzt' rifle did not have a silencer attached on the end of its barrel when found at the scene..

But..

Take a look at a 'negative exposure' of a rifle which 'DI Cook' told the court at trial, that he had removed this rifle from Sheila Caffells body and placed it there at the main bedroom window.

My query is this, does the rifle iñ this image, have a silencer attached onto the end of this rifles barrel, or not?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:53:AM by mike tesko »

Offline Robittybob1

Well that is nothing new, is it.  Did Pargeter's bolt action .22 have a silencer attached when it was found.   

It would get mightily confusing if the shooter changed the silencer between the two guns and used both guns, and removed all silencers at the end.  Or at least changed the magazines.  I'd love to know if the magazines that were stored with Pargeter's gun were exchangeable with the Bamber gun?

Offline Robittybob1

But..

Take a look at a 'negative exposure' of a rifle which 'DI Cook' told the court at trial, that he had removed this rifle from Sheila Caffells body and placed it there at the main bedroom window.

My query is this, does the rifle iñ this image, have a silencer attached onto the end of this rifles barrel, or not?
Have you just magnified the image?  There are some weird background effects that I can't explain. 

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Well that is nothing new, is it.  Did Pargeter's bolt action .22 have a silencer attached when it was found.   

It would get mightily confusing if the shooter changed the silencer between the two guns and used both guns, and removed all silencers at the end.  Or at least changed the magazines.  I'd love to know if the magazines that were stored with Pargeter's gun were exchangeable with the Bamber gun?

Well, that's just the point...

After the shootings, 'Anthony Pargeter' claimed that although it was his normal practice to store his .22 rifle, other guns, ammunitions and weapon accessories in the downstairs toilet/bathroom - he later claimed that on the penultimate weekend before the. Shootings took place, that he had taken his .22 bolt action rifle home with him to Bournend in Buckinghamshire. On the other hand, Jeremy provided the firearms unit with a list of all the firearms that were inside the farmhouse before the raid team went in..

Included in this list was 'Anthony Pargeter' .22 bolt action rifle!

The police do not say whether they found or recovered it. But my instinct tells me that they did find his gun/with its silencer there at the scene..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:04:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Have you just magnified the image?  There are some weird background effects that I can't explain.

Zoomed in, and produced a negative version of the image - do it yourself, anyone can do it..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:51:AM by mike tesko »

Offline David1819

If you align a photo of the same rifle over the crime scene photo. It becomes apparent there is no silencer attached it it.

Offline Robittybob1

Zoomed in, and produced a negative version of the image - do it yourself, anyone can do it..
Can you give me a step by step method of how to do that, please?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
If you align a photo of the same rifle over the crime scene photo. It becomes apparent there is no silencer attached it it.

What happens if you align the 'negative image' (minus a silencer) of the photograph you yourself aligned on top of the 'negative image' I posted up? Would you get the same result, that you have just put forward? or a different result? Likewise, if a duplicate sized 'negative image' (minus a silencer) was overlayed on top of the rifle showing it at the bedroom window (for example, photograph number 23 from the master copy photograph album), would that produce evidence that there was no silencer fitted to the end of the guns barrel? Rather more interestingly, if we could produce an identically sized 'negative image' of photograph 23, and overlay it with a comparable sized 'negative image' of just the rifle, and one of the rifle with a silencer attached (or vice versa), would you be able to tell that there wasn't a silencer attached to the guns barrel at the bedroom window?

Of course, if Essex police released the actual negative strip of photograph number 23 of the master copy album, to say a photographic expert of someone like 'Mr Suthurst' we would not be here having this discussion. Since, examination of the negative of the photograph (23), would tell its own story, and open up a can of worms, because there would be 9 other negatives on the negative strip, which PC Bird (Witham SOCO) did not take, because 'he did not take photograph 23', 'DC Oakey' (Headquarters SOCO) did..

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator

Bear with me, please..

Using my tablet, I can either screen capture, or download a copy of the police photograph no. 23 (master copy album). I can then zoom in and enlarge areas or parts of the overall picture, to see if there could be any evidence, or otherwise, that there is 'something of interest' that you might not be able to see when you look at let's say a normal photograph. Sometimes, by simply zooming in on an area of such a photograph,  'something of interest' might readily show itself, without adopting to the next stage in the process, which involves 'filtering of the same image', which basically means that you go into the edit mode and make changes in the settings so that you get different coloured images of the same photograph. Some of these edited images, once created can 'improve visible quality', and by the same token, other edited versions, 'worsen visibility' and 'quality'. The last stage in the process, is that you treat the originally sourced photograph, to 'a black/white transformation' - the overall net result of which will be that you end up with the 'best possible opportunity' to see what is really contained in the background of the  original photographed, environment..

I will attempt to reproduce in this thread an example of the technique that I adopt quite often when examining a photograph...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:23:PM by mike tesko »

Offline Robittybob1

I've looked up a possible method and it doesn't seem too difficult.

The next issue was "download a copy of the police photograph no. 23 (master copy album)"  Would that photo be available to everyone?   Do you have a URL for that photo?