Author Topic: Shooting Today At Little Baddow  (Read 475 times)

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Shooting Today At Little Baddow
« on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:PM »
I keep my caravan at a beautiful 100 acre site in Little Baddow. There are 10 caravans and motorhomes. I was due to go home to Brentwood today.
I was woken up by the sound of two helicopters and there were armed police on the farm. Two people were found shot.

The owner is in his 70s and his wife has been very ill. All that has been released is the two people were flown to Addenbrookes hospital.
The police are not looking for anyone else connected to the shootings

It’s tragic if they die it will be another murder suicide

It’s the most beautiful place where I have spent the last 4 summers
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

guest7363

Re: Shooting Today At Little Baddow
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 03:20:PM »
I keep my caravan at a beautiful 100 acre site in Little Baddow. There are 10 caravans and motorhomes. I was due to go home to Brentwood today.
I was woken up by the sound of two helicopters and there were armed police on the farm. Two people were found shot.

The owner is in his 70s and his wife has been very ill. All that has been released is the two people were flown to Addenbrookes hospital.
The police are not looking for anyone else connected to the shootings

It’s tragic if they die it will be another murder suicide

It’s the most beautiful place where I have spent the last 4 summers
Just read that the man in his 70s has died?  I take it that the site is a CL?  Looks a very nice site, I used to use them sometimes but mainly sticking to the main sites.  Me and my wife actually qualified for the Caravan Club as it was then and was going to go to Abbey Wood, in the end we stopped with sites outside of the CC

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 03:59:PM »
Yes it’s a CL site but set in 100 acres. I used ride someone’s horse for her all last year, there are about 20 horses. I was only with Simon the night before it happened. The amount of police looked like they weren’t messing up another suicide investigation.
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

guest7363

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:03:PM »
Yes it’s a CL site but set in 100 acres. I used ride someone’s horse for her all last year, there are about 20 horses. I was only with Simon the night before it happened. The amount of police looked like they weren’t messing up another suicide investigation.
There seems plenty of CL sites in Essex but not many Club sites, I questioned this and was told it was because of the cost of Land purchase?  Shame really Club sites have a good standard.  I’ve had Caravans from Cranham and Homestead.  I’ve also had a motorhome which I bought private, Autotrail Cheyenne 632.  Absolutely loved my time touring and working sites, it’s very hard to describe the feeling you get when your away from Urban other than peace and tranquillity.  Loved the touring side mainly, if you want a change of scenery you just move on, static’s tie you to one park and very costly if you move or sell up.

I questioned if it was a CL site mainly because it’s usually a 5 van rule on CL sites, he must have got some sort of special licence, CS sites usually have the same ruling.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 06:43:PM »
There seems plenty of CL sites in Essex but not many Club sites, I questioned this and was told it was because of the cost of Land purchase?  Shame really Club sites have a good standard.  I’ve had Caravans from Cranham and Homestead.  I’ve also had a motorhome which I bought private, Autotrail Cheyenne 632.  Absolutely loved my time touring and working sites, it’s very hard to describe the feeling you get when your away from Urban other than peace and tranquillity.  Loved the touring side mainly, if you want a change of scenery you just move on, static’s tie you to one park and very costly if you move or sell up.

I questioned if it was a CL site mainly because it’s usually a 5 van rule on CL sites, he must have got some sort of special licence, CS sites usually have the same ruling.

One of the fields was in his name and was in his wife’s name and I would leave it there all summer but Simon would move it for me every 28 days
It is absolutely stunning countryside and yet ten minutes you are in Chelmsford

guest7363

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 09:59:PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-essex-54391272
I don’t know if you seen it Roch, the man has died.  Will be very interesting to see the full story?  Seems strange this one.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 12:09:AM »
I don’t know if you seen it Roch, the man has died.  Will be very interesting to see the full story?  Seems strange this one.

Keep us posted. Something went very awry.

guest7363

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 05:03:PM »
Keep us posted. Something went very awry.
It says the woman has died as well Roch, police not looking for anyone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-54436818