Author Topic: Why did the police choose not to prosecute Julie?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Smythe

Why did the police choose not to prosecute Julie?
« on: September 26, 2020, 09:20:PM »
Why did the police choose not to prosecute Julie? When was the decision made?

guest2181

Re: Why did the police choose not to prosecute Julie?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 09:38:PM »

We don't  know, I think there may be documents relating to this which are witheld, that's just my guess though.

Personally, I think she should have been prosecuted as an accomplice. If JB is guilty.

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 09:51:PM »

For what? 

She approached the police. Gave a 24 page WS & told them about the caravan break in & Bamber's trips to smuggle drugs.

They could prosecute her for the cheque book fraud, which would probably be a fine. But didn't & she paid back the money.

Be counter productive prosecuting her for not approaching the police straight away, while simultaneously having her as their main witness in the same case.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

guest2181

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 09:54:PM »
For what? 

She approached the police. Gave a 24 page WS & told them about the caravan break in & Bamber's trips to smuggle drugs.

They could prosecute her for the cheque book fraud, which would probably be a fine. But didn't & she paid back the money.

Be counter productive prosecuting her for not approaching the police straight away, while simultaneously having her as their main witness in the same case.

Seriously?

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 10:10:PM »
Could the police prosecute Julie & have her as a prosecuting witness on the same case? Thought it would be one or the other.

Pretty obvious having her as a prosecuting witness is more important.

The bank could ask for charges to be pressed. This is not related to the trial. Julie would get a fine. They didn't & she paid the money back.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:12:PM by Adam »

guest29835

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 10:14:PM »
It's not that Julie was blameless in the murders, the police just decided not to prosecute because her evidence was needed to convict Jeremy.

It's clear now.  Thanks Adam.

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 10:27:PM »
It's not that Julie was blameless in the murders, the police just decided not to prosecute because her evidence was needed to convict Jeremy.

It's clear now.  Thanks Adam.

Agree with that.

They couldn't prosecute her for what Bamber told her pre massacre. She will just say she never thought Bamber was serious.

The other crimes would have just resulted in fines. So were dropped as first offences.  The police could then focus on her being a reliable witness in the massacre case.

Thanks QC.

Offline Adam

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 10:33:PM »
Bamber was prosecuted for the caravan break in. Julie wasn't as she told the police about it & was just a look out.

The police can't prosecute her for waiting a month before approaching them. As they wanted her as a prosecuting witness.

The cheque book fraud would have been a fine if prosecuted. It was agreed she would pay the money back instead.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 11:05:PM »
Bamber was prosecuted for the caravan break in. Julie wasn't as she told the police about it & was just a look out.

The police can't prosecute her for waiting a month before approaching them. As they wanted her as a prosecuting witness.

The cheque book fraud would have been a fine if prosecuted. It was agreed she would pay the money back instead.

How about attempted murder?? How did she get away with that Adam?
What do you think would happen to a man if he tried to smother a women with a pillow???

There you go Adam
And this is the women that was ‘secretly’ allowed to go and work with children
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Adam

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 11:07:PM »

How about attempted murder?? How did she get away with that Adam?
What do you think would happen to a man if he tried to smother a women with a pillow???

There you go Adam
And this is the women that was ‘secretly’ allowed to go and work with children

She said in her WS she put a pillow over Bamber. Then took it off. I don't believe she said she attempted to murder him.

Bamber did not prosecute.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 11:14:PM »
She said in her WS she put a pillow over Bamber. Then took it off. I don't believe she said she attempted to murder him.

Bamber did not prosecute.

Why did she put a pillow over his head Adam?
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

guest2181

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 11:42:PM »

She probably got fed up of the DA and attempted to kill him. If it even happened.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 12:01:AM »
She probably got fed up of the DA and attempted to kill him. If it even happened.

I usually can follow the abreviations but what is the DA?

guest29835

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:AM »
Agree with that.

They couldn't prosecute her for what Bamber told her pre massacre. She will just say she never thought Bamber was serious.

The other crimes would have just resulted in fines. So were dropped as first offences.  The police could then focus on her being a reliable witness in the massacre case.

Thanks QC.

I see, so Julie was Jeremy's accomplice.  Yes, it's all making sense now.

That means you and Steve are coming on here every day to defend a double child killer.

Thanks Adam.  Thanks Steve.

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 06:16:AM »

It's in her WS why.