Author Topic: The relatives passing information to Julie:  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Adam

Re: The relatives passing information to Julie:
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 08:22:AM »
It seems the defence holding up Newspapers at trial & saying Julie got all her information from these, was just for show.

The defence knew her WS was much too detailed & accused AE of passing on two bits of information to Julie. AE did not confirm she did this.

Where Julie got the rest of her exclusive information,  they never said.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:25:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 08:28:AM »
The defence at trial were never going to go down the industrial frame route. The jury would never swallow that. Even now, only Lookout & NGB believe there was police corruption.

They would just have to hope the prosecution didn't hammer home Julie's 'ring of truth' WS & highlight everything she could have only got from Bamber.

Offline lookout

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 11:04:AM »
Can you also include gross incompetence to my description please Adam.

Offline Adam

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 03:32:PM »
Can you also include gross incompetence to my description please Adam.

The defence being incompetent is a bit strong. But people are entitled to say this.

The police were not incompetent as the industrial frame department did it's job.

Offline David1819

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 03:48:PM »
The defence at trial were never going to go down the industrial frame route. The jury would never swallow that. Even now, only Lookout & NGB believe there was police corruption.

They would just have to hope the prosecution didn't hammer home Julie's 'ring of truth' WS & highlight everything she could have only got from Bamber.

There was nothing to highlight. As for the 'ring of truth' once again you grossly take the summing up out of context.

"Approach the evidence of Julie Mugford with a great degree of caution. Ask yourselves whether her evidence generally had the ring of truth about it."

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9404.msg438059.html#msg438059
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:49:PM by David1819 »

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 04:14:PM »
There was nothing to highlight. As for the 'ring of truth' once again you grossly take the summing up out of context.

"Approach the evidence of Julie Mugford with a great degree of caution. Ask yourselves whether her evidence generally had the ring of truth about it."

Thank you David
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Adam

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 04:35:PM »

You obviously have not read Wilkes's book. They couldn't break down Julie's 'Ring of Truth' WS

I am not quoting the summing up.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 05:24:PM by Adam »

Offline lookout

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 07:01:PM »
The defence being incompetent is a bit strong. But people are entitled to say this.

The police were not incompetent as the industrial frame department did it's job.

The defence were weak. EP were the incompetent ones.

Offline Adam

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 07:03:PM »

The defence were weak. EP were the incompetent ones.

What do believe the defence should have done differently?

guest29835

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 09:47:PM »

Thanks Adam.  I didn't realise Jeremy wore glasses even back then.  I suppose you're right though, as someone with good fashion sense, he would have gone for industrial-style frames.

Offline lookout

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 02:42:PM »
What do believe the defence should have done differently?

Ignored Julie's acting and carried on questioning her as she was perfectly alright when it came to dishing the dirt for the prosecution, but when it came to the real questioning she turned the taps on.

Offline Jane

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 03:15:PM »

Ignored Julie's acting and carried on questioning her as she was perfectly alright when it came to dishing the dirt for the prosecution, but when it came to the real questioning she turned the taps on.

Her behaviour was hardly something new to the defence. They'd have come across it fairly frequently in the course of their careers, and I imagine there to be time honoured ways of negotiating it. I don't imagine they'd have allowed a slip of a girl to outrun them..................unless, of course, there had already been an agreement arrived at between prosecution and defence?

Offline lookout

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 05:06:PM »

Her behaviour was hardly something new to the defence. They'd have come across it fairly frequently in the course of their careers, and I imagine there to be time honoured ways of negotiating it. I don't imagine they'd have allowed a slip of a girl to outrun them..................unless, of course, there had already been an agreement arrived at between prosecution and defence?

That last paragraph has made me wonder for long enough.

Offline Jane

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 05:27:PM »

It opens up possibilities.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 05:36:PM »

That’s not the way it works Lookout and certainly not a case made up of circumstancial evidence
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000