Author Topic: The relatives passing information to Julie:  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The relatives passing information to Julie:
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 05:59:PM »

That last paragraph has made me wonder for long enough.

Such, whilst not necessarily changing any of the feelings/gut instincts the relatives had regarding Jeremy, NOR lessening the professional rivalry/personal dislike which may have existed between the two Jones', it goes a long way to negate framing of the industrial nature. It's unnecessary for either the defence or prosecution to have belief in the defendant's innocence/guilt, their job is only to prosecute or defend. I think it's entirely possible, unless there's personal animosity, certain information sometimes gets shared.

Offline lookout

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 06:11:PM »

Such, whilst not necessarily changing any of the feelings/gut instincts the relatives had regarding Jeremy, NOR lessening the professional rivalry/personal dislike which may have existed between the two Jones', it goes a long way to negate framing of the industrial nature. It's unnecessary for either the defence or prosecution to have belief in the defendant's innocence/guilt, their job is only to prosecute or defend. I think it's entirely possible, unless there's personal animosity, certain information sometimes gets shared.

Much influence and bias via the prosecution to the judge equals an unfair trial.

Offline Jane

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 06:38:PM »

Much influence and bias via the prosecution to the judge equals an unfair trial.

Such has to be proved. Word of mouth can't be, and paper trails become notoriously difficult to locate. I see no reason for a judge to become involved.

Offline lookout

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 06:52:PM »

Such has to be proved. Word of mouth can't be, and paper trails become notoriously difficult to locate. I see no reason for a judge to become involved.

" Word of mouth " is what convicted Jeremy instead of concrete/ forensic evidence against him .

Offline Jane

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2020, 07:22:PM »

" Word of mouth " is what convicted Jeremy instead of concrete/ forensic evidence against him .

But those words of mouth are all in WS's. Whether or not they're correct depends on their personal experiences, and whether or not they're believed. I very much doubt that there's much in writing regarding interaction between defence and prosecution, and I'm convinced they have scant memory of what passed between them verbally.

Offline lookout

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 08:55:PM »
But those words of mouth are all in WS's. Whether or not they're correct depends on their personal experiences, and whether or not they're believed. I very much doubt that there's much in writing regarding interaction between defence and prosecution, and I'm convinced they have scant memory of what passed between them verbally.

The truth of the matter is that neither side were fully conversant with any of the family dynamics at all.
It was all about " Jeremy did it " completely disregarding the pecuniary embarrassment that the extended family were going through at that time.

Offline Jane

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2020, 09:04:PM »

The truth of the matter is that neither side were fully conversant with any of the family dynamics at all.
It was all about " Jeremy did it " completely disregarding the pecuniary embarrassment that the extended family were going through at that time.

"Pecuniary embarrassment" meaning what? A temporary blip, or the verge of bankruptcy. It seems to me that with Pam handing on the legacy to them, any embarrassment -IF there had ever been such other than wishful thinking on supporters' parts- it would have been very short lived.

Offline lookout

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 11:07:AM »
"Pecuniary embarrassment" meaning what? A temporary blip, or the verge of bankruptcy. It seems to me that with Pam handing on the legacy to them, any embarrassment -IF there had ever been such other than wishful thinking on supporters' parts- it would have been very short lived.

Prior to the tragedy when RWB used to visit granny--cap in hand. Mainly, as Nevill had said, due to bad management.

Offline Jane

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 12:55:PM »

Prior to the tragedy when RWB used to visit granny--cap in hand. Mainly, as Nevill had said, due to bad management.

Quelle Horreur!!! Borrowing money from mother!!! Whoever would have thought. Show me a farming family from where money doesn't flow down from those with the most to support those with less. It MAY have been down to "bad management". It could equally well have been no more than Nevill's opinion. Which ever, I doubt it was anywhere near close to bankruptcy. More, a momentary -and temporary- hiatus.

Offline lookout

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 01:51:PM »

Quelle Horreur!!! Borrowing money from mother!!! Whoever would have thought. Show me a farming family from where money doesn't flow down from those with the most to support those with less. It MAY have been down to "bad management". It could equally well have been no more than Nevill's opinion. Which ever, I doubt it was anywhere near close to bankruptcy. More, a momentary -and temporary- hiatus.

PE did a good impression of a cash shortage by" stealing" from N&J Bamber , as BW had put it when she'd reported the matter to EP. Needless to say that also fizzled out to make way for another prosecution witness.

Offline Jane

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 01:57:PM »

PE did a good impression of a cash shortage by" stealing" from N&J Bamber , as BW had put it when she'd reported the matter to EP. Needless to say that also fizzled out to make way for another prosecution witness.

Perhaps, like Jeremy, he was testing lax security? As I recall, BW appears to have been a somewhat unreliable witness.

Offline lookout

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 02:31:PM »
Perhaps, like Jeremy, he was testing lax security? As I recall, BW appears to have been a somewhat unreliable witness.

Post trial she wasn't, as she'd suddenly changed her mind. We can all do that to "keep on side" can't we ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2020, 02:38:PM »
The Eatons were so hard-up that they had approached Nevill in buying their land which they would have then bought it back when things looked up. They couldn't approach RWB because he was in the same boat as they were which is why he was forever tapping grannie.
A " hiatus " until they found a way around it----in the shape of blaming JB for the murders. How convenient was that ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2020, 02:40:PM »
This is where " the deal " came in which ended in poor Nevill getting walloped. They sounded desperate to me.

Offline lookout

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2020, 02:42:PM »
It was imperative that everyone believed them over Jeremy !