Author Topic: Did Nevill keep a shotgun in his bedroom?  (Read 450 times)

Offline Smythe

Did Nevill keep a shotgun in his bedroom?
« on: September 18, 2020, 09:29:PM »
Do we know if Nevill was in the habit of keeping a shotgun in his bedroom at night?

guest7363

Re: Did Nevill keep a shotgun in his bedroom?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:34:PM »
Do we know if Nevill was in the habit of keeping a shotgun in his bedroom at night?
I read something the other day about this and I’ve heard it mentioned before, I could be wrong?  There is no mention of police finding one though, so could it have been removed the night before?

guest2181

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:35:PM »
I read something the other day about this and I’ve heard it mentioned before, I could be wrong?  There is no mention of police finding one though, so could it have been removed the night before?

Is this a myth? I'm not sure.

guest7363

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 09:40:PM »
Is this a myth? I'm not sure.
I don’t know Hartley, I thought I read in someone’s statement that he did or had the other day, obviously the police never found one.

guest2181

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:48:PM »
I don’t know Hartley, I thought I read in someone’s statement that he did or had the other day, obviously the police never found one.

I've heard it before, I just don't recall the origin.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 11:44:AM »
Where was it that AE found the shotgun ? As it was she who'd first pointed it out.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 11:45:AM »
I've heard it before, I just don't recall the origin.

I think it originated from Mike, presumably based upon what he was told by JB.  I may be wrong but I seem to recall he said it was something to do with foxes at night and nothing to do with security.  I have to say I would be surprised at anyone taking a shot at a fox from a bedroom window, but I suppose it could just be true.

guest7363

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 11:53:AM »
I think it originated from Mike, presumably based upon what he was told by JB.  I may be wrong but I seem to recall he said it was something to do with foxes at night and nothing to do with security.  I have to say I would be surprised at anyone taking a shot at a fox from a bedroom window, but I suppose it could just be true.
Ive also read it NGB, I’m sure it was in a statement, I will check later today.

guest29835

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 01:19:PM »
It's in one of Robert Boutflour's statements.  I can't remember which one.  If I recall, he says it was because of the value of the gun as much as anything else.