Author Topic: What caused Sheila Caffell to kill her parents?  (Read 559 times)

Offline JackieD

Re: What caused Sheila Caffell to kill her parents?
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2020, 01:32:PM »
Is mummy her birth mother or June I wonder?

Well if it’s genuine it calls Colin out although his behaviour and actions have been obvious to everyone
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline Roch

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2020, 03:00:PM »
Roch

Can you post the suicide note you are referring to

Hi Jackie I didn't know it was available but as David has posted it up, it must be. I don't think I have seen it before, only the Express article relating to it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2020, 06:04:PM »
It has shades of the old film ( 1981 ) of " Mommy Dearest " which starred Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. The film was based on a book which was written by Joan Crawford's daughter-----who was also adopted. It was a horrible film which told of the life of Joan Crawford as mother to her adopted daughter.
As has been said a few times, it has " a ring of truth " about it when you compare it with Sheila's life.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2020, 07:52:PM »
It has shades of the old film ( 1981 ) of " Mommy Dearest " which starred Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. The film was based on a book which was written by Joan Crawford's daughter-----who was also adopted. It was a horrible film which told of the life of Joan Crawford as mother to her adopted daughter.
As has been said a few times, it has " a ring of truth " about it when you compare it with Sheila's life.
Could Sheila have been influence by the movie?   

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2020, 08:22:PM »

Funny, there was another movie which had parallels to the case which could have influenced JB, I think it even appeared on one of the police evidence inventories, I don't recall the title now, I'll have a look.

Offline lookout

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2020, 09:29:PM »

Makes you wonder.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2020, 09:34:PM »

Makes you wonder.
If it was, it wouldn't be the first murder influenced by themes from movies.   

Just for conversation "7 REAL-LIFE MURDERS THAT INSPIRED HORROR MOVIES"  https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/7-real-life-murders-that-inspired-horror-movies

I'm not saying they were.

Offline lookout

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2020, 09:39:PM »

Makes you wonder.

It was an horrendous film, so cruel toward the daughter. Daughter was expelled from school as well. It'd be worth a watch just to pick up a few stages of the daughter growing up under the control of a mother.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2020, 10:15:PM »

It was an horrendous film, so cruel toward the daughter. Daughter was expelled from school as well. It'd be worth a watch just to pick up a few stages of the daughter growing up under the control of a mother.
If you get a good link please post it.  Its a rainy day here in NZ.

Offline Roch

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2020, 10:26:PM »
Robbitybob1,

I currently have you as roughly 60/40 in favour of guilt for JB.  This would fall in to the 'alleged neutrality' category.  At a push I would say maybe even 65/35.

What do you make of the NZ connection via 'David Shaw'?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2020, 10:34:PM »
Robbitybob1,

I currently have you as roughly 60/40 in favour of guilt for JB.  This would fall in to the 'alleged neutrality' category.  At a push I would say maybe even 65/35.

What do you make of the NZ connection via 'David Shaw'?
Well actually I think that Jeremy didn't kill anyone himself.  But since he loaded the gun and left it out for his sister that might make him guilty in some sense. 

Was that JB best friend? "'David Shaw' 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2020, 10:43:PM »
http://youknowwhokilledyoudontyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/innocent-man-by-david-shaw.html

I remember now David Shaw wrote a book about the case.  "An Innocent Man by David Shaw"

What makes you think there was a New Zealand connection?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:45:PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Roch

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2020, 10:54:PM »
Well actually I think that Jeremy didn't kill anyone himself.  But since he loaded the gun and left it out for his sister that might make him guilty in some sense.

Looks like I'll have to move you in my scale.  I weighted you on the fact that I'd noticed more of your questions relating to guilt than innocence. 

Was that JB best friend? "'David Shaw'

Not quite: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,776.0.html

http://youknowwhokilledyoudontyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/innocent-man-by-david-shaw.html

I remember now David Shaw wrote a book about the case.  "An Innocent Man by David Shaw"

What makes you think there was a New Zealand connection?

'David Shaw' was either Aus or NZ.  He wrote a book about steroids in competition weigh-lifting.  Forget the Innocent Man book for now.. check out the above link.

Offline JackieD

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2020, 11:13:PM »
What is the other miscarriage of justice case going on for years where the wife committed suicide but they think the husband was responsible ????
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2020, 01:14:AM »
Funny, there was another movie which had parallels to the case which could have influenced JB, I think it even appeared on one of the police evidence inventories, I don't recall the title now, I'll have a look.

Fatal Vision. Item 641.