Author Topic: US Election 2020  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Adam

Re: US Election 2020
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 06:58:PM »
There is not much enthusiasim for Biden. People may vote for him just because they don't like Trump.

He's been around a long time & failed in previous presidential bids. He eventually had 8 years in the white house as VP. Was a decent VP from 2008-2016 & should have then enjoyed his retirement.

Has aged a lot over the last 4 years & seems to be a rabbitt in the headlights. Not believing he could actually end up as the most powerful man in the world, while simultaneously enjoying being in the limelight in his twilight years.

Said himself he will be a caretaker President, but caretakers step in when there is an unexpected vacancy. Caretaker football managers usually last two weeks.

Not even sure he will last 4 years, may step down after 6-18  months to give Harris a chance before the next election.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 07:03:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 07:08:PM »
Trump is at least high energy & mentally alert.

Being President is relentless. Bill Clinton said when they see a President make a speach, they think that's all he's doing for the day. However there are constant high pressure things going on behind closed doors.

Offline David1819

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 07:10:PM »
Trump did a lot of good things for the US. Tax cuts, deregulation, big trade deals. Thought he was on a wind up when saying he was going to build a wall, but he has made a start on it.

The economy & stock market was breaking records until the Pandemic. The stock market making a good recovery.

People say Trump didn't handle the pandemic well. But don't say what they would have done differently. He did ban travel into America early on.

The wall is actually more of a fence. But it’s better than nothing. It should have been built decades ago if you ask me. The amount of heroin and meth smuggled in by the Mexican cartels and the amount of guns they smuggle out on the way back is probably astronomical.

Offline Adam

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 07:22:PM »
The wall is actually more of a fence. But it’s better than nothing. It should have been built decades ago if you ask me. The amount of heroin and meth smuggled in by the Mexican cartels and the amount of guns they smuggle out on the way back is probably astronomical.

Is that the new wall?

Bits of walls were built during previous administrations. But not very successfully.

Now it's underway, they might as well complete it. As once built it should last decades. Biden says he will stop work on it instantly if President.

It's not perfect although they have mentioned the wall also has some technology such as cameras which may make a difference.

Offline lookout

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 07:32:PM »
I'm surprised it isn't electrified.

Offline David1819

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 10:20:PM »
Is that the new wall?

Bits of walls were built during previous administrations. But not very successfully.

Now it's underway, they might as well complete it. As once built it should last decades. Biden says he will stop work on it instantly if President.

It's not perfect although they have mentioned the wall also has some technology such as cameras which may make a difference.

Yes.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 08:08:AM »
Ace Frehley has given his support to Trump.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 07:19:PM »
I thought this might crop up again: the issue of whether the electoral college can survive in a country where the demography is gradually changing. https://youtu.be/flHBp1G7iLc

Offline David1819

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 04:49:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 09:26:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 07:01:PM »

Offline David1819

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 12:37:PM »
The Electoral College explained briefly. The Republicans colour is red, the Democrats in blue: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/us-election-how-does-the-electoral-college-work/vi-BB1auzCJ?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Adam

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 05:15:PM »
The Stock Market is starting to wobble. On the belief Sleepy Joe might win. He has made no secret he does not care about the stock market & criticised Trump for basing his success on the markets. Sleepy Joe will not consider the markets when making decisions.

Trump should base his success partly on the markets. It affects millions of people directly or indirectly. A good economy usually means good markets.

What will Joe base his success on. An extra 20 people at a rally?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:16:PM by Adam »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 05:58:PM »
The Stock Market is starting to wobble. On the belief Sleepy Joe might win. He has made no secret he does not care about the stock market & criticised Trump for basing his success on the markets. Sleepy Joe will not consider the markets when making decisions.

Trump should base his success partly on the markets. It affects millions of people directly or indirectly. A good economy usually means good markets.

What will Joe base his success on. An extra 20 people at a rally?
I do think Covid-19 has made many Americans re-evaluate their current situation, especially those in danger of losing their healthcare.