Author Topic: A Photograph of Nevill  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Re: A Photograph of Nevill
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 02:15:PM »
But Lookout, the point is that Steve upbraids me and others for our sense of humour and he does it pompously and self-righteously.

There are more jokes from Steve in the archives that I could pull out.  I'd like you to consider the fact that when posting the above joke, Steve has as his avatar Colin and the deceased twins.  Now, personally, I'm not the judgemental type and I don't mind what Steve does as long as he leaves me alone.  The only reason - the only reason - I bring this up on the Forum is because Steve has brought it up.  He attacks everybody else, showing himself to be rank hypocrite, and he is now trying to have me removed from the Forum because I've stood up to him.
Not at all: I'm the one who is the believer in the right to free speech, remember. It's you yourself who has threatened dramatically that "this may be my last post" or whatever, I presume due to your inhibitions, your hypersensitivity to criticism or your innate lack of self-confidence.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:16:PM by Steve_uk »

guest29835

Re: A Photograph of Nevill
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 02:20:PM »
Not at all: I'm the one who is the believer in the right to free speech, remember. It's you yourself who has threatened dramatically that "this may be my last post" or whatever, I presume due to your inhibitions, your hypersensitivity to criticism or your innate lack of self-confidence.

Again we see here Disingenuous Steve quoting selectively to take us off point.  My point above about standing up for myself has nothing to do with free speech anyway.  I've stated that if the moderators want me out of here, then I'm gone.  I've explained my argument against free speech as a cultural institution, the problem is that Steve has a second-class intellect and can't wrap his head round it, even though Steve himself is Exhibit 1 in my case.

Now, back to the point in hand.  Disingenuous Steve makes sick jokes about this case, but then upbraids others for their sense of humour.

Shall I post some more of Steve's jokes for you all to see and enjoy?  Personally, I have no issue with Steve's humour.  I raise it here only because Steve is the one who brought the topic up.  It is, in fact, Steve who is hoist by his own petard.

I predict Steve's response will be another selective quote and some more pseudo-intellectual twaddle he's borrowed from recordings of Loose Women.