Author Topic: Classic Campion  (Read 4035 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Classic Campion Quotes
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 12:43:PM »
A very knowing, clever and witty man who didn't suffer fools----I missed him and still do. I wonder what he'd have made of the farce which was broadcast at the beginning of the year ?

guest29835

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2020, 12:49:PM »
A very knowing, clever and witty man who didn't suffer fools----I missed him and still do. I wonder what he'd have made of the farce which was broadcast at the beginning of the year ?

If his posts are anything to go by, it would have been entertaining.  It's worth membership of the Forum for his posts alone.  I wish I had been around when he was here.  I have a very similar sense of humour and we could have had some fun.

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2020, 12:57:PM »
My old dad was similar with the sharp humerous wit. People like that only come around once every blue moon.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 01:04:PM »
I wonder if Campion Jr is still around. Sorry to go off topic but another excellent poster I miss is Patti. She was inside the innocent camp but was far more cautious than me regarding the conspirational stuff. Martin and Lebaleb were also good innocent posters. Bridget was good poster who was probably 90% inside the guilty camp. I think I used to give to her too much flak.

guest29835

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2020, 02:17:PM »
I wonder if Campion Jr is still around. Sorry to go off topic but another excellent poster I miss is Patti. She was inside the innocent camp but was far more cautious than me regarding the conspirational stuff. Martin and Lebaleb were also good innocent posters. Bridget was good poster who was probably 90% inside the guilty camp. I think I used to give to her too much flak.

She is coming up in the historic threads I am reading.

She was a classic example of a dogmatic pro-guilt poster: interpreting everything against Jeremy, no matter what.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2020, 02:23:PM »
She is coming up in the historic threads I am reading.

She was a classic example of a dogmatic pro-guilt poster: interpreting everything against Jeremy, no matter what.

I agree (sorry Bridget). I think that's why I gave her so much flak.

Come to think of it, with regard to yourself, I have never known a poster who actually suspects guilt, afford so much consideration of potential innocence. It's a wonder you haven't jumped ship as a result of your own brief exploration.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:29:PM by Roch »

guest29835

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2020, 04:04:PM »
  Susie and Tyler, May we consider that JB parked his car at Bourtree, and then walked the few yards to the Chequers, after a long, dry and toilsome  harvest day on the farm.
  The landlord, Roger Smith, now retired to Southend, is quoted as saying - 'he could not understand how JB could have done the murders.

guest29835

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2020, 04:13:PM »

Patti was an excellent poster, one of the best ever seen here. 

guest29835

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2020, 04:15:PM »
Come to think of it, with regard to yourself, I have never known a poster who actually suspects guilt, afford so much consideration of potential innocence. It's a wonder you haven't jumped ship as a result of your own brief exploration.

My approach to the case, as to everything 'criminal', is summarised here:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10311.msg481269.html#msg481269

The following passage is from the closing speech of Sir Frederick Geoffrey Lawrence, Q.C., defence counsel to Dr. John Bodkin Adams in R v Adams, a 1957 case. 

Dr. Adams was acquitted.  This passage sums up my approach here on this Forum.  I would go as far as to say that these words should be shown to every person asked to undertake jury service in this country:

"Justice is of paramount consideration here, and the only way in which this can be done is for you to judge the matter on what you have heard in this court and in this court only.

What you read in the papers, what you hear in the train, what you hear in the cafés and restaurants, what your friends and relations come and tell you; rumour, gossip, all the rest of it, may be so wrong.

The possibility of guilt is not enough, suspicion is not enough, probability is not enough, likelihood is not. A criminal matter is not a question of balancing probabilities and deciding in favour of a probability.

If the accusation is not proved beyond reasonable doubt against the man accused in the dock, then by law he is entitled to be acquitted, because that is the way our rules work.

It is no concession to given him the benefit of the doubt. He is entitled by law to a verdict of not guilty.
"

Source: R v Adams [1957]

guest29835

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2020, 06:01:PM »
We could start a separate thread for classic comments from Lookout.  There's some gems in the archive:

Nothing worse than two women in the kitchen together. A recipe for disaster.

guest29835

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2020, 06:25:PM »
  A word in your 'shell like'. It will be symptomatic of you becoming  'pretty black-eyed Susan', as in the case of June walking into Muggy's fist! I understand she went 'bananas'.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 12:32:AM »
I think this is Jr (they used the same log in)..

Did you know that farmers receive more diaries than most business people, due to the
  pushy reps selling fertilizers, chemicals, tractors and machinery. Most farmers have lots of spare
  diaries each year, and when there isn't much activity round the farm, rewrite a presentation copy
  to go with the accounts !

guest29835

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2020, 03:33:PM »
If the point is taken a stage further, the Witham MP Patel openly flags up Her involvement in Bambers appeal attempts. If it was Jeremy who had died on Monday morning, this wouldn't have been a local story. The newsagents is on the main road in the district. Unless someone has knowledge of White House Farm, which not every person driving past does, it may be wrongly assumed it was Bamber who died in jail. As He is involved in the ECHR ruling on a full life tariff meaning He dies in Jail unless new evidence is found to prove His innocence. He is a Big News Item. One day the headline could be applicable to Him. The media scrum involving local politicians will be intense. How many votes is Jeremy Bamber worth, Law and Order is one of the big three at a General Election. Tough on Crime and Tough on the causes of Crime, I think thats the Political soundbite.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2020, 06:52:PM »

Never been keen on her since she went up against Bamber, on the part of the relatives. Nothing has changed my view of her since. However, I felt she was treated appallingly during the recent racism debates in Parliament.

guest29835

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2020, 02:49:AM »
Well said Paris. Your sentiments are my sentiments to boot.
Are you by chance a member of DOTS, "Disgusted  Of Tunbridge Wells Society?" You will find them on the WEB.
What they have to do with Soroptimsts International, I have yet to fathom. BTW SOROPTIMISTS appararently translates, from Latin, as "best for women". What this has to do with the "price of fish", unfortunately I cannot yet fathom! (Unless it has to do with the practice of so-called gentlemen wearing 'cods').