Author Topic: The Baffling Mystery Of The Blood In The Silencer  (Read 1293 times)

Online QCChevalier

Re: The Baffling Mystery Of The Blood In The Silencer
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2020, 01:00:PM »
   When lies are all you've got, liars gotta lie.

I've reported it and asked that the moderators ask you to start your own thread.

If the moderators won't do that, or you won't co-operate, then I will consider this thread dead.  You've ruined it anyway.

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2020, 01:09:PM »
In the US they sell silencers for 30-50 caliber automatic rifles, handguns and shotguns. So they should be far stricter.

Do you think someone here could get permission for this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgiOuyM6iQM

There have been a few silenced shotguns used here but they are not common.  I have never seen one but I have read an occasional magazine article about them.  The additional weight is a negative factor for a shotgun.  No special permission is needed for a shotgun silencer in the UK.  A Shotgun Certificate authorises the holder to buy unlimited weapons and ammunition.  A Firearm Certificate on the other hand authorises specific weapons (rifles or, in rare cases, pistols) to be owned and specific permission is required for sound moderators.  The policy is to grant a sound moderator for any rifle.  In some parts of the USA it is virtually impossible to get permission for a silencer/suppressor.  Shooters there, generally speaking through the powerful NRA, have never really favoured them, whereas in the UK the shooting organisations have always recommended their use and this has been accepted by the Home Office.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2020, 02:09:PM »
There have been a few silenced shotguns used here but they are not common.  I have never seen one but I have read an occasional magazine article about them.  The additional weight is a negative factor for a shotgun.  No special permission is needed for a shotgun silencer in the UK.  A Shotgun Certificate authorises the holder to buy unlimited weapons and ammunition.  A Firearm Certificate on the other hand authorises specific weapons (rifles or, in rare cases, pistols) to be owned and specific permission is required for sound moderators.  The policy is to grant a sound moderator for any rifle.  In some parts of the USA it is virtually impossible to get permission for a silencer/suppressor.  Shooters there, generally speaking through the powerful NRA, have never really favoured them, whereas in the UK the shooting organisations have always recommended their use and this has been accepted by the Home Office.

In America they have a different gun culture with over 40,000 gun deaths each year. There is no justification for silencing the types of guns they posses. Why would you need a silencer on the end of a .44 or .50 handgun intended for self defense? Its only going to be an advantage to someone using it for bad intentions.

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2020, 02:13:PM »
In America they have a different gun culture with over 40,000 gun deaths each year. There is no justification for silencing the types of guns they posses. Why would you need a silencer on the end of a .44 or .50 handgun intended for self defense? Its only going to be an advantage to someone using it for bad intentions.

I agree.  However in the UK full bore centrefire rifles (used mainly for deer stalking) are almost always used with a sound moderator whereas in the USA that is rarely the case.   The same applies to loer powered rimfire rifles like the .22 used at WHF.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2020, 02:35:PM »
I agree.  However in the UK full bore centrefire rifles (used mainly for deer stalking) are almost always used with a sound moderator whereas in the USA that is rarely the case.   The same applies to loer powered rimfire rifles like the .22 used at WHF.

The full bore centrefire rifles in the UK cannot fire up to 180 rounds per minute like in America. Having relaxed silencer laws in the US would be opening a can of worms.

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2020, 12:20:AM »
Part spin doctor, part myth buster.

Actually neither.

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2020, 12:24:AM »
Actually neither.
Just an explorer.

Offline Roch

« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2020, 01:56:PM »
Just an explorer.

Well I hope you are well and it's nice to see you back on here. Hope you visit more often. I've had a few spells away my self. 

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2020, 10:49:PM »
Well I hope you are well and it's nice to see you back on here. Hope you visit more often. I've had a few spells away my self.

Thanks Roch, I hope all is well with you and family. Nice to see some of the old posters still on.