Author Topic: The Baffling Mystery Of The Blood In The Silencer  (Read 1284 times)

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
Re: The Baffling Mystery Of The Blood In The Silencer
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 08:18:PM »
What is your proof?

I will post it all tomorrow when I have time. In the mean time feel free to search through my posts it’s all there.

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 08:21:PM »
When did I say bloodbath?

You didn't.  Stan Jones did.

How would Bamber get blood on his clothes & hands. He was at the end of a long rifle.

Give us a break down of the struggle with Nevill in the kitchen.  What happened?

The back splatter would not reach Bamber. It was specs of blood inside a silencer.

I'm going to reserve my view on the first point.  As for the second, I agree with Lookout that the silencer wasn't used in the first place (which doesn't necessarily mean it was intentionally contaminated and planted by the relatives).

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 08:21:PM »
I will post it all tomorrow when I have time. In the mean time feel free to search through my posts it’s all there.

Don't trouble yourself.  This isn't 'fetch and carry'.  I'll just search the posts when I have time.

Offline Adam

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 08:28:PM »
You didn't.  Stan Jones did.

Give us a break down of the struggle with Nevill in the kitchen.  What happened?

I'm going to reserve my view on the first point.  As for the second, I agree with Lookout that the silencer wasn't used in the first place (which doesn't necessarily mean it was intentionally contaminated and planted by the relatives).

Yes the only way Bamber may have got blood on his clothes was when him & Nevill wrestled for the rifle. But doubtful it would have been enough to drip into Nevill's office den and inside the gun cupboard.

Similar to the hall & stair carpet, doubtful the office den carpet was  tested.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:30:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 08:58:PM »
Shakespeare? lol

I found some posts by somebody called Campion.  They're brilliant.

I'm trying to be the new Campion and failing miserably.

Macbeth:  If we should fail?

Lady Macbeth: We fail? But screw your courage to the sticking place, And we'll not fail.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:00:PM by QCChevalier »

Online Roch

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 09:04:PM »
I found some posts by somebody called Campion.  They're brilliant.

I'm trying to be the new Campion and failing miserably.

Macbeth:  If we should fail?

Lady Macbeth: We fail? But screw your courage to the sticking place, And we'll not fail.

There were two. Junior and senior. I believe Sr passed away. He had an anecdote regarding Kelvin Mackenzie celebrating with police post trial. Apparently Mackenzie thought it was highly amusing that Bamber was innocent.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:07:PM by Roch »

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 09:31:PM »
There were two. Junior and senior. I believe Sr passed away.

His posts are among the best thing on this forum - apart from Mike himself, of course.

How sad that he passed away.

If I may disgress from the baffling thread topic, I also liked chochokeira's posts.  Smiffy's are very good too, though he could be needlessly confrontational at times, but there you go.  Kaldin was a useful and constructive sceptic to have on board and, like me, in the neutral camp.  Horseydave was an entertaining flash in the pan.

Anyway, as Chris Whiddon would say: Strike a pose, there's nothing to it, VOGUE!

He had an anecdote regarding Kelvin Mackenzie celebrating with police post trial. Apparently Mackenzie thought it was highly amusing that Bamber was innocent.

Irrespective of whether Jeremy really is innocent, I can certainly believe the anecdote, and it's disgusting!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:33:PM by QCChevalier »

Online Roch

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 09:43:PM »
His posts are among the best thing on this forum - apart from Mike himself, of course.

How sad that he passed away.

If I may disgress from the baffling thread topic, I also liked chochokeira's posts.  Smiffy's are very good too, though he could be needlessly confrontational at times, but there you go.  Kaldin was a useful and constructive sceptic to have on board and, like me, in the neutral camp.  Horseydave was an entertaining flash in the pan.

Anyway, as Chris Whiddon would say: Strike a pose, there's nothing to it, VOGUE!

Irrespective of whether Jeremy really is innocent, I can certainly believe the anecdote, and it's disgusting!

I personally found HorseyDave's posts very interesting. It's interesting that the relatives' former spokesperson (Vic) was suspicious of him, as was Hartley, a formidable staunch guilter.  Kaldin has been back on here not too long ago and I think you summed him up perfectly.  I remember Smiffy - he didn't pull any punches.  Not sure but I think his health deteriorated. He left suddenly. Chochokeira was a lovely poster.  A moderator / admin for a while but left suddenly.  Think she clashed with Hartley, like I sometimes did.  Reader's input has also been good but they have not been on the forum since early May.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:43:PM by Roch »

Online Steve_uk

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 10:37:PM »
Shakespeare? lol
I know, and isn't there something about fetch and carry in The Two Gentlemen of Verona..https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/twogentlemen/page_110/

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 10:54:PM »
I personally found HorseyDave's posts very interesting. It's interesting that the relatives' former spokesperson (Vic) was suspicious of him, as was Hartley, a formidable staunch guilter.  Kaldin has been back on here not too long ago and I think you summed him up perfectly.  I remember Smiffy - he didn't pull any punches.  Not sure but I think his health deteriorated. He left suddenly. Chochokeira was a lovely poster.  A moderator / admin for a while but left suddenly.  Think she clashed with Hartley, like I sometimes did.  Reader's input has also been good but they have not been on the forum since early May.

Hartley was more or less a spin doctor for the relatives.

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 11:07:PM »
I know, and isn't there something about fetch and carry in The Two Gentlemen of Verona..https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/twogentlemen/page_110/

“It is a tale; full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” – Macbeth in Macbeth

Just about sums up your posts and, unfortunately, most of the prosecution case against a probable mass murderer.

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 11:46:PM »
"I tried to smother the sleeping Bambi beast" - Julie Mugford, 1986

I quite like that one, actually; though it's more Caesarian than Shakespearian, I'd say, and its authors aren't exactly wrapped in glittering literary honours. 

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 12:13:AM »
Just going back to my comment earlier about how David Boutflour had described the silencer as 'sticky' to the touch.  He gave this description in a TV documentary but there appears to be nothing about it in his police statements.  We don't have his trial evidence (though a Hibbit & Sanders transcript exists somewhere), so we don't at the moment know whether he disclosed this elaboration at trial.

The point intrigues me, first because I can't imagine why he would not bring the observation up in his statements to the police, who would certainly be sure to note it due to its significance; second, because the silencer was steel housed and blood is not sticky on such a surface (or really any surface) in the way that say molasses or treacle is, which is what comes to mind from the description. 

I may be mistaken, but I don't think of blood as sticky or producing that effect.  To me, blood just dries.  At any rate, that is my experience. 

Thus, the description he gives in the documentary doesn't seem to cohere. 

Furthermore, I note the behavioural 'tell' as he gives the description to the interviewer, in that he uses an overly-affirmative gesture of the hands to signify what he means, miming a visual pun to signify 'sticky' as if he is having a game of charades with the relatives on Boxing Day.  That's interesting.  Why would he need to do that? 

Could something else explain David Boutflour’s strange comment about the silencer being ‘sticky’?  I'm thinking in particular of the possibility that the police treated the silencer chemically during examination with, say, superglue residue.

Could it be that he had handled a silencer after police examination of it because the police had rejected that silencer and handed it back?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:41:AM by QCChevalier »

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 12:37:AM »
Maybe the best Campion comment ever...

" A warped callous and evil mind concealed behind an outwardly civilised and reasonable manner, an arrogance in your character that made you resent any parental control" said Madam Sin as she relieved the Judge of £300.

R.I.P. Campion.

I never knew you, but I want you to know that somebody in 2020 misses you.

Offline gringo

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 12:56:AM »
Maybe the best Campion comment ever...

R.I.P. Campion.

I never knew you, but I want you to know that somebody in 2020 misses you.
   Campion was a brilliant poster and a very entertaining conversationalist. I had the brief pleasure of exchanging a few phone calls with him and had a few interesting conversations with him. I say conversations but it was mostly one way with Victor regaling me with tales and tips. He was always good fun to talk with and is a sadly missed poster.
    He exchanged numbers with me when the thread on Claire Powell and her identity was being discussed not long before he passed away.
     It is nice to see that he is still being appreciated anew. Roch is correct that both Campion senior and junior posted under the Campion name.