Author Topic: Brief Thoughts On The Case  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Brief Thoughts On The Case
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 08:10:AM »
Sheila's the odd one out.  She slept through it all.  Everybody else has insomnia. 

Jeremy can't sleep and he's up killing his family.

Julie wakes up for a 3.15 a.m. phone call.  Must be a light sleeper.  So are Douglas and Susan.

June's a light sleeper too.  So is Nevill.  They somehow heard that silenced rifle.  Or maybe Jeremy woke them up before he shot them?

It's not so much Sheila Alive as Sheila Asleep.  Thanks Adam.

June, Nicholas, Daniel & Nevill were all shot with a silencer attached while sleeping. Nevill woke prior to his third shot.

Nothing to wake Sheila, asleep in another room.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 09:08:AM »
June, Nicholas, Daniel & Nevill were all shot with a silencer attached while sleeping. Nevill woke prior to his third shot.

You seem to make things up as you feel.

Offline Adam

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 09:27:AM »
You seem to make things up as you feel.

They were all shot in bed. With a silencer attached.

Nicholas & Daniel never woke or moved. June moved a few feet after 5 shots. Nevill moved after 2 shots.

Nothing there would wake Sheila up. Who was in another room.

All evidence.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:01:AM by Adam »

Offline David1819

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 01:24:PM »

Nicholas & Daniel never woke or moved. June moved a few feet after 5 shots. Nevill moved after 2 shots.

All evidence.

All fiction

guest29835

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 02:06:PM »

June is sleep-walking after she's shot.  She's shot four more times and manages to crawl around the bed while asleep.

Nevill is shot in bed but leaves no blood.  Despite being shot twice in the head, once in the neck/shoulder and left arm, he manages to get past Jeremy and make it downstairs while leaving virtually no trace of blood anywhere in the house until he reaches the kitchen.

Somehow Jeremy doesn't catch a sleepy Nevill on the stairs.  Jeremy lets him run to the kitchen instead, maybe just for kicks and giggles.

Thanks Adam.  Thanks Steve.  Thanks Hartley.

guest29835

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 02:09:PM »

All evidence.

It sounds like Sheila was on another planet.

Offline lookout

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 02:22:PM »
Top doctors who'd "treated " Sheila at St. Andrews had given evidence at the trial, for the prosecution, later realised that they hadn't had as much knowledge about her illness as they'd claimed, having seriously neglected her.

This comes as no surprise to me ! 

Offline lookout

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 02:25:PM »
References from Drs. Sally Baker and Adrian Bell. Behind the Facade. Farce more like.

Offline Adam

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 02:48:PM »
June is sleep-walking after she's shot.  She's shot four more times and manages to crawl around the bed while asleep.

Nevill is shot in bed but leaves no blood.  Despite being shot twice in the head, once in the neck/shoulder and left arm, he manages to get past Jeremy and make it downstairs while leaving virtually no trace of blood anywhere in the house until he reaches the kitchen.

Somehow Jeremy doesn't catch a sleepy Nevill on the stairs.  Jeremy lets him run to the kitchen instead, maybe just for kicks and giggles.

Thanks Adam.  Thanks Steve.  Thanks Hartley.

June was sleep walking? She was shot 5 times in bed. Then twice more on the floor.

Nevill didn't have time to bleed onto the bed. He was moving after the second shot.

Nevill got past Bamber. He was a big man & Bamber stepped back as Nevill rose.

Is there a source regarding the stair carpet. Either stating the results of blood tests. Or that no tests were carried out & the carpet was disposed? Either way, doubtful much or any blood would be pouring onto the carpet during the few seconds Nevill was running down.

Bamber either didn't catch Nevill on the stairs. Or he preferred to atrack him downstairs where there was more space & it was less dangerous.

guest29835

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 03:19:PM »
June was sleep walking? She was shot 5 times in bed. Then twice more on the floor.

Nevill didn't have time to bleed onto the bed. He was moving after the second shot.

Nevill got past Bamber. He was a big man & Bamber stepped back as Nevill rose.

Is there a source regarding the stair carpet. Either stating the results of blood tests. Or that no tests were carried out & the carpet was disposed? Either way, doubtful much or any blood would be pouring onto the carpet during the few seconds Nevill was running down.

Bamber either didn't catch Nevill on the stairs. Or he preferred to atrack him downstairs where there was more space & it was less dangerous.

It took Nevill seconds to get down the stairs when he was sleepy and had been shot four times, including twice in the face. 

Thanks Adam.

Offline Adam

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 03:26:PM »
It took Nevill seconds to get down the stairs when he was sleepy and had been shot four times, including twice in the face. 

Thanks Adam.

Not sure he was sleepy. Someone was trying to kill him.

He was still pretty mobile when on the stairs & in the early stages of the kitchen fight. As the kitchen crime scene shows. The fear & adrelaline of the situation negated the pain of the 4 upstairs shots for the first 30 - 60 seconds.

guest29835

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2020, 03:41:PM »
Not sure he was sleepy. Someone was trying to kill him.

He was still pretty mobile when on the stairs & in the early stages of the kitchen fight. As the kitchen crime scene shows. The fear & adrelaline of the situation negated the pain of the 4 upstairs shots for the first 30 - 60 seconds.

You earlier stated, or implied, that he was shot in his sleep, as was June you say.  Were they awake or not?  If they were awake, then how come?  I thought you said the rifle was near-silent, and you also affect to imply that the rooms of these houses are virtually sound proof.  What woke them?  Be careful with your reply, because remember you're also asking us to believe Sheila slept through it all.

If they were awake and not asleep, then why did they stay in bed?  Or did Nevill get up?  if Nevill got up, what was he doing?  Press-ups?  Flippancy aside, the question matters because you are asking us to believe Nevill only took four shots downstairs, despite the blood and pathological evidence implying otherwise.

I'm not convinced Nevill was shot upstairs at all, but I must acknowledge that the cartridge cases were found there and while the position of the cases cannot be relied on, if we say that Nevill took his shots on the stairs and downstairs, then we have to explain why and how up to four cases have made their way upstairs. 

Part of the explanation will be that the projectile cases have ended up on the landing from shots fired on the stairs, more likely with Sheila facing in the direction of upstairs, but possibly with her firing down the stairs towards Nevill - because the cases could have ricocheted off the walls and back on to the landing.

It's still a problem for the defence, though - I must admit that.

Offline Adam

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2020, 03:47:PM »
You earlier stated, or implied, that he was shot in his sleep, as was June you say.  Were they awake or not?  If they were awake, then how come?  I thought you said the rifle was near-silent, and you also affect to imply that the rooms of these houses are virtually sound proof.  What woke them?  Be careful with your reply, because remember you're also asking us to believe Sheila slept through it all.

If they were awake and not asleep, then why did they stay in bed?  Or did Nevill get up?  if Nevill got up, what was he doing?  Press-ups?

I'm not convinced Nevill was shot upstairs at all, but I must acknowledge that the cartridge cases were found there and while the position of the cases cannot be relied on, if we say that Nevill took his shots on the stairs and downstairs, then we have to explain why and how up to four cases have made their way upstairs. 

Part of the explanation will be that the projectile cases have ended up on the landing from shots fired on the stairs, more likely with Sheila facing in the direction of upstairs, but possibly with her firing down the stairs towards Nevill, because the cases could have ricocheted off the walls and back on to the landing.

It's still a problem for the defence, though - I must admit that.

Nevill and June were asleep when Bamber entered the bedroom. The twins & rifle with silencer had made no noise.

They were both asleep as Bamber opened fire on June. Nevill was waking as he received his first two face shots & was able to avoid further upstairs face shots.

guest29835

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 04:08:PM »
Nevill and June were asleep when Bamber entered the bedroom. The twins & rifle with silencer had made no noise.

They were both asleep as Bamber opened fire on June. Nevill was waking as he received his first two face shots & was able to avoid further upstairs face shots.

Interesting that he would fire on June first.  I know June was in the S.O.E. (if we're to believe Carol Ann Lee, which perhaps answers its own question), but she was a typist.  She had a bash at parachuting but I can't imagine her leaping out of bed and doing a kung-fu on Jeremy.  Can you?

You'd think dozy Jeremy would have gone for Nevill from the off, as he's the threat.  Stupid boy!  Straw between his ears.

Offline lookout

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2020, 04:14:PM »
Neither were asleep. Nevill would have been downstairs in the kitchen after having returned from his usual nightly walk with the dogs. Not forgetting that Nevill had continued working on the rape harvest after Jeremy had left .
As a force of habit, Nevill would then have sat with a G&T and a smoke to unwind before having a shower and also waiting for June to settle as she'd been a poor sleeper.

June would have been in bed but not necessarily asleep as it was obvious that she'd been reading the Bible.
Two teacups were found downstairs so either June and Nevill had a drink each or Nevill and Sheila may have had as at some point Sheila also had a snack late on.

It would have been quite late at this juncture and perhaps only another 4 hours before Nevill would have been up again to begin another day of harvesting, so whatever happened between midnight and 3am nobody will ever know and it's futile to even speculate.