Author Topic: Trial Transcript from Examination of Dr. Peter Vanezis  (Read 487 times)

Online QCChevalier

Re: Trial Transcript from Examination of Dr. Peter Vanezis
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2020, 07:36:PM »
Whitehouse Farm is now known as East Coast Classic's---a place where VW's are restored and used for weddings etc. Whether the Eaton's are still there I don't know.

Just thought I'd share this little nugget in case you weren't already aware. Same place, different business.

Thanks!  Yes, I'm aware of that, assuming you directed the comment at me.  It is interesting. 

One thing I wonder about, Lookout, is whether Jeremy would be farming today and would have inaugurated a farming family tradition if the whole incident had not happened?  In other words, if things had gone down a different path, would he have matured during the following two or three years of working life that Nevill had left and taken things on, married, and knuckled-down?

Another line of speculation is if we imagine the incident happens but Jeremy is acquitted at trial or never charged in the first place.  Then, what becomes of him?  We know that he was intent on leaving farming behind at that point, or was he? 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:36:PM by QCChevalier »

Offline ilovebooze

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2020, 09:04:PM »
One thing can not be doubted about Bamber. Whether he hate farming or not. He grafted and stuck at didn't he. Spoilt entitled brat or not

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2020, 09:12:PM »
One thing can not be doubted about Bamber. Whether he hate farming or not. He grafted and stuck at didn't he. Spoilt entitled brat or not
He only grafted for a few months after reading the terms of his father's will. What do you think the Little Chef job was all about and the two round the world trips?

Offline ilovebooze

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2020, 09:26:PM »
He only grafted for a few months after reading the terms of his father's will. What do you think the Little Chef job was all about and the two round the world trips?
youthful exhuburance, a chance as a young man to see the world. What person would refuse it? Come on Steve...and what's wrong with working at little chef? It's a job isn't it

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2020, 09:30:PM »
youthful exhuburance, a chance as a young man to see the world. What person would refuse it? Come on Steve...and what's wrong with working at little chef? It's a job isn't it
Of course I'm not knocking any of that. But when it was time to put in the hard graft to which you alluded it was because of the will, which Nevill knew Jeremy had read, hence the reference to shooting accidents occurring in the shooting season to Barbara and the necessity of changing the safe key..

Online lookout

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2020, 06:02:PM »
Thanks!  Yes, I'm aware of that, assuming you directed the comment at me.  It is interesting. 

One thing I wonder about, Lookout, is whether Jeremy would be farming today and would have inaugurated a farming family tradition if the whole incident had not happened?  In other words, if things had gone down a different path, would he have matured during the following two or three years of working life that Nevill had left and taken things on, married, and knuckled-down?

Another line of speculation is if we imagine the incident happens but Jeremy is acquitted at trial or never charged in the first place.  Then, what becomes of him?  We know that he was intent on leaving farming behind at that point, or was he?

QC, I would say that he'd have carried on farming for a certain length of time then possibly gone on to other things. He seemed to have had an interest in cars so who knows where his interest took him as his last thought was a kit-built car of a Porsche ----drag racing ? You can only do that for so long.

By all accounts he enjoyed farming because of the solitude ( good job he liked that ) which he enjoyed. Farming has changed a hell of a lot over the years so it's hard to say whether JB would have worked past retirement.   

Online QCChevalier

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2020, 10:57:PM »
First, can I offer my thanks to the people responsible for the archive & statements sections here on the Forum.  It must have involved a tremendous amount of work and I am very grateful.

I've just been browsing Dr. Vanezis' trial transcript and unless I am very mistaken, I think there may be a page missing right at the end.  Page 51 doesn't appear and there is no continuation between pages 50 and 52.

Here's the link: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7638.msg362766.html#msg362766

It would be useful to have sight of the missing page 51 if it's available.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Roch

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2020, 11:02:PM »
It would be useful to have sight of the missing page 51 if it's available.  Thanks in advance.

There's a lot missing from PV's disclosed report, like the wound on June's chin, which is actually visible even on the very poor quality images of her on this forum.