Author Topic: Murder in the outback  (Read 187 times)

Offline Jan

Murder in the outback
« on: June 09, 2020, 07:53:PM »
Anyone watch this on channel 4 ?

Some interesting comments on DNA evidence .

Offline Steve_uk

Re: Murder in the outback
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:52:PM »
Anyone watch this on channel 4 ?

Some interesting comments on DNA evidence .
https://youtu.be/fEMz1ACXF8g

Offline Jan

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:26:PM »
And are you saying the other film is more informative?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 08:24:PM »
I didn't see the Channel 4 programme.

Offline JackieD

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 09:54:PM »

I am gripped especially tonight the experiment on the transfer of DNA and why there was so little DNA evidence
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 10:04:PM »
shouldent this be in the other cases section..

Offline JackieD

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:AM »
shouldent this be in the other cases section..
Your right Nugs
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 11:26:AM »
A brilliant documentary which definitely gave food for thought with DNA testing. Are we so behind in the UK ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 11:30:AM »
Joanne was definitely out of the JM mould/ mold when questioned I thought.
The verdict in this one is pretty debateable too.

Offline Real justice

• Veteran Member
    • Trial related photographs
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 12:55:PM »
Joanne was definitely out of the JM mould/ mold when questioned I thought.
The verdict in this one is pretty debateable too.
I thought that as well Lookout, but I think her mind was all over the place, she had been having an affair and even had contact with her lover on the day by phone, she was worried this would put her in the frame.   I think with the DNA, if you watch it again one of the two truck drivers who picked her up made the mistake of telling her to wash herself up in the rest room, to which she did, this probably destroyed most of the DNA, they also handled the tape etc that was used to tie her up, again this would have had an effect on the DNA evidence in these items?  So the DNA, I think on her shoulder was the only Perfect match, something in the billions to one?   But the biggest thing they never showed or talked about, was, the Mary Jane hair slide found on his gun holster that belonged to Lee’s when they searched his house.

Offline Real justice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 01:00:PM »
The forensic expert advised that the DNA from Lees’s T-shirt was 150 quadrillion times more likely to have come from Murdoch than someone else.

Then a detective – the one Gwynne had chosen for her acute attention to detail and who had sifted through thousands of Murdoch’s belongings – discovered a small, round, Mary Jane hair tie.
“It was the hair tie that was taken from Joanne Lees when she struggled to survive and keep her life. [Murdoch] had it wrapped around his shoulder holster, inside his belongings. I think it was a trophy but no one will ever know.”
Months later, when the hair tie was presented as evidence in the trial, it clearly made an impression on Murdoch.
“He recoiled and he wouldn’t touch it,” recalls Gwynne. “You could see that he knew that was it. That was the nail in his coffin.”

Offline Roch

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 01:21:PM »
Never felt comfortable with her purely as a victim. However, I doubt she could have conned Aussie police. Although, they would have been under pressure due to tourism implications etc.

Offline Real justice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 02:16:PM »
Never felt comfortable with her purely as a victim. However, I doubt she could have conned Aussie police. Although, they would have been under pressure due to tourism implications etc.
Yes it was a strange case Roch.  I think he will be 74 when he’s allegible for parole, but Aussie’s have a clause that if he doesn’t reveal where the body is, he doesn’t come out?

Offline Roch

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 02:22:PM »
Yes it was a strange case Roch.  I think he will be 74 when he’s allegible for parole, but Aussie’s have a clause that if he doesn’t reveal where the body is, he doesn’t come out?

I've recorded RJ, it so may watch it.  Been watching a fictional Aussie crime series called Mystery Road.

Offline Real justice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 02:29:PM »
I've recorded RJ, it so may watch it.  Been watching a fictional Aussie crime series called Mystery Road.
I might watch that one Roch.  Another good Aussie one, I listened to on a podcast, Disappearance of Lynette Dawson, I think they still trying to get her husband for it? It’s called The Teachers Pet .
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:31:PM by Real justice »