Author Topic: Kim Jong Un. Dead or Alive?  (Read 2322 times)

guest29835

Re: Kim Jong Un. Dead or Alive?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 01:58:AM »
If you can setup a YouTube channel telling the world how UFOs abduct sheep then it’s very free indeed.

To change tack, in my conflagration with Uncle [Aunty?] Steve, I said this:

Free speech is for monkeys.

Intelligent men think before they speak.

In my view, freedom as such is overrated.  Freedom means a diminishment of pleasure and an enhancement of responsibility and risk.

I'm not sure most people are capable of freedom or want it.

Freedom and civilisation also seem to me to be opposites and in conflict.

Only a certain controlled and measured amount of freedom can progress a civilisation - through considered discourse and scientific discovery and advancement.  A total statement of freedom would mean the end of civilisation.

Richard Hall seems to me to be a distraction agent of some sort.  Listening to that interview, my ears pricked up when that John Aspray, who was with him, said he'd had some sort of high-level security clearance as an air traffic controller, though that may be his Walter Mitty side.

Is allowing Richard Hall the freedom to make silly videos real freedom?  Is it worthwhile?

Arguably a prisoner who is able to better himself during confinement, expand his reading, learn trade skills and so forth, and think and reflect, has a more worthwhile existence than a fat idiot who is 'free' to slump in front of the TV watching Netflix in between his dead-end job.

Offline David1819

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 02:07:AM »
To change tack, in my conflagration with Uncle [Aunty?] Steve, I said this:

Free speech is for monkeys.

Intelligent men think before they speak.

In my view, freedom as such is overrated.  Freedom means a diminishment of pleasure and an enhancement of responsibility and risk.

I'm not sure most people are capable of freedom or want it.

Freedom and civilisation also seem to me to be opposites and in conflict.

Only a certain controlled and measured amount of freedom can progress a civilisation - through considered discourse and scientific discovery and advancement.  A total statement of freedom would mean the end of civilisation.

Richard Hall seems to me to be a distraction agent of some sort.  Listening to that interview, my ears pricked up when that John Aspray, who was with him, said he'd had some sort of high-level security clearance as an air traffic controller, though that may be his Walter Mitty side.

Is allowing Richard Hall the freedom to make silly videos real freedom?  Is it worthwhile?

Arguably a prisoner who is able to better himself during confinement, expand his reading, learn trade skills and so forth, and think and reflect, has a more worthwhile existence than a fat idiot who is 'free' to slump in front of the TV watching Netflix in between his dead-end job.

Ask this guy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17767626

guest29835

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2020, 11:59:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

Offline David1819

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2020, 03:29:PM »
Quite shocking.

Indeed.  I have been reading about Pol Pot lately. Probably the worst leader of modern times.

Offline David1819

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2020, 09:20:PM »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2020, 09:30:AM »